Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

What other sets will be released in 2019? There’s only one way to find out!

P.S. I’ll add the Spider-Man pictures later as I currently don’t have time but it will be done.

Edited by J4ck

It’s a 2019 set. 

Lego used to set the street date to 1st January but all the stores in America released them early so Lego just runs with it. It won’t come out until 1st January 2019 in the UK.

It’s a 2019 set.

While the Venom mech is kinda cool, the only part of this set that somewhat excites me is the newly redesigned Spidey figure, especially considering that we have the Bright Red/Bright Blue dual molded legs once again. Now if only they could give us a pair for a classic Superman figure...

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Spider-Man and Venom

Im hoping for spider man 2099 and any other characters form different reality’s, even maybe more x men sets and fantastic four <<<< I do believe we have everyone else from the main continuity xpect them (maybe still some minor characters) but we still could see a great tones of mini figures examples: fantastic 4, x men, beteray bill, spider man 2099, spider man noir, daredevil, Thor (Jane foster), and I know there are some good other ones but I can’t think of them rn oh and comic con does start tomorrow so maybe we will see marvel and dc 2019 legos sets 

5 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Im hoping for spider man 2099 and any other characters form different reality’s, even maybe more x men sets and fantastic fou

Additional alternate Spider-Men may be a possibility for some of the other comic-based sets we may see for this wave, as some have speculated elsewhere that this set is taking after both the Into the Spider-Verse and Venom movies from this year; so, perhaps those other presumed sets may also be taking after Into the Spider-Verse to some degree. Personally, I'm hoping we'll see a Noir SpiderMan some time here soon. :classic:

If rumours are to be believed; I really hope we get a Set with Daredevil and kingpin. We’ll have 3/4 of The Netflix defenders! And Daredevil is definately a sought after Character.

i really hope we get a mysterio and Lizard. Rumours are that Lizard is coming, so hopefully he’s in a set with Mysterio and we’ll basically have all of Spidey’s main villains.

i predict that the waves for Superheroes (both Marvel amen DC) will be bigger, both in terms of amount and budget, now that the Lego Batman Movie theme has ended. Hopefully the winter wave will have 3 comic sets and 1/2 Captain Marvel Sets. With an Avengers 4 wave in March (probably with less than 6 sets, as the previous movie’s sets will still be on shelves) and then a couple Spider-Man movie sets in the summer with a few more comic sets.

58 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I really hope we get a mysterio and Lizard. Rumours are that Lizard is coming, so hopefully he’s in a set with Mysterio and we’ll basically have all of Spidey’s main villains.

With Jake Gyllenhaal cast as Mystero in Spider-Man: Far From Home (releasing in July next year), I think it's quite likely we'll see the MCU variant first if we don't see a comic variant for the winter 2019 wave.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With Jake Gyllenhaal cast as Mystero in Spider-Man: Far From Home (releasing in July next year), I think it's quite likely we'll see the MCU variant first if we don't see a comic variant for the winter 2019 wave.

Yeah that is my worry, hopefully the movie version has the classic fishbowl head, forcing a new mould that can be used for a comic version later on.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

If rumours are to be believed; I really hope we get a Set with Daredevil and kingpin. We’ll have 3/4 of The Netflix defenders! And Daredevil is definately a sought after Character.

i really hope we get a mysterio and Lizard. Rumours are that Lizard is coming, so hopefully he’s in a set with Mysterio and we’ll basically have all of Spidey’s main villains.

i predict that the waves for Superheroes (both Marvel amen DC) will be bigger, both in terms of amount and budget, now that the Lego Batman Movie theme has ended. Hopefully the winter wave will have 3 comic sets and 1/2 Captain Marvel Sets. With an Avengers 4 wave in March (probably with less than 6 sets, as the previous movie’s sets will still be on shelves) and then a couple Spider-Man movie sets in the summer with a few more comic sets.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Additional alternate Spider-Men may be a possibility for some of the other comic-based sets we may see for this wave, as some have speculated elsewhere that this set is taking after both the Into the Spider-Verse and Venom movies from this year; so, perhaps those other presumed sets may also be taking after Into the Spider-Verse to some degree. Personally, I'm hoping we'll see a Noir SpiderMan some time here soon. :classic:

Hey I mean comic con has just started today (July 19 2018) and it ends on the 21st, so maybe more reveals today or later this week? What do you guys think?

53 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Hey I mean comic con has just started today (July 19 2018) and it ends on the 21st, so maybe more reveals today or later this week? What do you guys think?

Most likely not. 6 or more sets would be a lot for Lego to show off during comic con. If there is any more sets revealed I would be very surprised 

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Most likely not. 6 or more sets would be a lot for Lego to show off during comic con. If there is any more sets revealed I would be very surprised 

So when do u think we will see more leaks?

Don't care much for the Spider-man mech - but that Venom one looks fantastic! Cannot wait to pick that up! The new classic Spider-man figure looks like a big improvement over the previous version too. Don't mind Spider-Gwen but I would've preferred a more traditional Gwen Stacy since that's the version I'm more familiar with.

Glad to hear Lizard, Daredevil and Kingpin are potentially coming - although I'll be a bit disappointed if Elektra and Bullseye don't show up with them.

We need a Punisher figure! Hopefully a comic version Defenders set will be on the Horizon. I’ll settle for for DD, Kingpin, Elecktra, and Punisher. 

We still need a comic version of Shocker, Mysterio, and a Lizard too. 

I just came up with some amazing ideas for LEGO 2019. I do genuinely believe that in LEGO 2019 they won’t make captain marvel sets directly related to her film but perhaps a more comic like one, I can totally see that, I can see captain marvel kind like the one we got in avengers space mission set. It would be so cool it could be a small 15-20 dollar set witch will include captain marvel and possibly some skrulls, but the skrulls would be more comic like in a purple and blue outfit a head like beast  boys and black legs with purple boots 

Since Disney now owns right to X-men and F4 late 2019 has a perfect chance of getting  X-men and F4 sets. Not so much as early 2019 because captain marvel, spider man, and avengers 4. However I can totally see them coming in anywhere from August 2019-March 2020 

Edited by JosiahJVL

22 hours ago, froggy95 said:

We need a Punisher figure! Hopefully a comic version Defenders set will be on the Horizon. I’ll settle for for DD, Kingpin, Elecktra, and Punisher. 

We still need a comic version of Shocker, Mysterio, and a Lizard too. 

21 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I could see a Spider-Man Noir minifigure popping in the DD and Kingpin potential set if that turns out to be true. 

I know we are all excited for potential set(s) or minifigure/s but take all of the information as a grain of salt. You don't want to be disappointed. 

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I know we are all excited for potential set(s) or minifigure/s but take all of the information as a grain of salt. You don't want to be disappointed. 

Agreed, I've tried to find the origin of the DD rumors but all I can find is that someone wished for them to come and that information then being taken as confirmation. Don't get me wrong there isn't a single character I would love to get more than DD in a set with spidey but as of yet we haven't got a single sign pointing towards that happening except for the DD sticker in the Infinity War set. To go even further we don't even have confirmation that there will be any more sets in the Venom wave so as of yet everything is basically speculation.

8 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

I just came up with some amazing ideas for LEGO 2019. I do genuinely believe that in LEGO 2019 they won’t make captain marvel sets directly related to her film but perhaps a more comic like one, I can totally see that, I can see captain marvel kind like the one we got in avengers space mission set. It would be so cool it could be a small 15-20 dollar set witch will include captain marvel and possibly some skrulls, but the skrulls would be more comic like in a purple and blue outfit a head like beast  boys and black legs with purple boots 

LEGO hasn’t not made at least one set for a movie since Captain America Winter Soldier. I really don’t feel they would skip Captain Marvel. It’s their first solo female led marvel film so it’s a big deal to them. I think we will get two sets for the film like Black Panther in Spring 2019 or one retail exclusive set in December 2018.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I agree what you are saying. It is just easy to get carried away and excited  for DD as we have all wanted him for so long. 

9 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

I highly doubt lego would release a comic based set on captain marvel set instead of a movie set. They probably wouldn’t make as much money in the end if they did a comic book set. Using your idea for a second, lego could literally use that idea put the movie versions of the skrulls in the set along with a exclusive captain marvel and brand the set for $25-30 instead of the $15-20 it would cost if it was just a comic book set. In the end it would make lego more money.

9 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

I highly doubt lego would release a comic based set on captain marvel set instead of a movie set. They probably wouldn’t make as much money in the end if they did a comic book set. Using your idea for a second, lego could literally use that idea put the movie versions of the skrulls in the set along with a exclusive captain marvel and brand the set for $25-30 instead of the $15-20 it would cost if it was just a comic book set. In the end it would make lego more money.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I get what your saying but I feel it’s kinda weird to only have movie based sets. If I’m certain we only are supposed to be seeing 3 marvel movies from this year, maybe some avengers four sets and captain marvel but not so much as spider man far from home sets, witch explains the new spider man sets for December and toward the end/ summer of 2019 I can totally see fantastic four or x men sets plus avengers comic based

18 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I get what your saying but I feel it’s kinda weird to only have movie based sets. If I’m certain we only are supposed to be seeing 3 marvel movies from this year, maybe some avengers four sets and captain marvel but not so much as spider man far from home sets, witch explains the new spider man sets for December and toward the end/ summer of 2019 I can totally see fantastic four or x men sets plus avengers comic based

The plan for marvel is 3 movies a year. I’m almost 100% positive there will be sets for all of the marvel movies next year especially Avengers 4 and Spider-Man Far from Home. Spider-Man stuff sells well that’s why we get a lot of sets based on both the comics and now the movies. As for the X-men and fantasic four stuff, I wouldn’t expect that until probably 2020 given the merger details, how long it takes to design sets, and even when Lego would want to test the waters to see how they might sell. There probably will be another Spider-Man Set or two released in January but those will probably be the only comic book  sets we see next year 

@Invincible_LEGOMAN @TheBrickBuilder14

I know and I'm really excited too! It's just weird if they release just one set for Spiderman (they haven't done that before, I think) So all of them are possibilites! 

My take will be characters from Into the Spider-verse but not a direct tie-in from the movie. Just like Spider-Gwen, she's in the movie that's why we probably got her. 

Spider-Noir will be great! Even DD and Punisher is nice addition but I feel like they're not happening just yet. Probably we focus on Spiderman related stuff for this wave (If ever we'll get more)