WhiteFang

WhiteFang's LEGO Studio

Dear all, I had finally achieved my dream which many AFOLs could love to dream of. It is having your own LEGO Room to house your collection. Well, I am very pleased that my new home had indeed accomplished a LEGO room which I had been populating it after the past few months with my built sets. Without my wife blessing, I will never have a private space in my very home (limited real estate space in Singapore).

Hence, I am very elated and blessed to have this. Unfortunately, I still have many sets which are still mint. I really hope to build them slowly and enjoy the building process along the way.

Below are some of the images of my very own WhiteFang's LEGO Studio and this is also the place where I does my reviewing too. :wub: 

I hope you enjoyed viewing them as much as sharing my joy in achieving my first step in my AFOL journey. 

Overview of WhiteFang's LEGO Studio
42751928984_9d4239630c_o_d.jpg

A closer look at the working table
42563905605_7e5b8cfdd2_o_d.jpg

My LEGO display shelves
43468257171_07eeb3b433_o_d.jpg

Display overview - LEGO CMFs, Ninja and Creator Expert
43468257071_e329d0f551_o_d.jpg

Display overview - Lord of the Rings, Castle and Superheroes
42751928764_f9b68889c4_o_d.jpg

Display overview - Jurassic World, Marvel Superheroes and Star Wars
43468256571_88c7897bed_o_d.jpg

Lovely display. You won't believe it but the way you display your minifigures and sets are very similar to mine. We both use steel and glass shelves. 

This setup is very prone to dust but I think it's not that hard to clean. The biggest advantage with this display, especially with glass, is that it's easy to find the minifigure I am looking for. 

2 minutes ago, makoy said:

Lovely display. You won't believe it but the way you display your minifigures and sets are very similar to mine. We both use steel and glass shelves. 

This setup is very prone to dust but I think it's not that hard to clean. The biggest advantage with this display, especially with glass, is that it's easy to find the minifigure I am looking for. 

Thanks makoy! Will love to see your display too. It will be awesome to see your display overview. Yes, I fully agree that this kind of display set up is very prone to dust. To minimise and slow the process, I never opened my window and always keep my room door closed whenever I am not inside the room. Hopefully this can help to slow down the dusting accumulation. 

Lot of nice classic sets WhiteFang! Now I also know how you add all those nice Minifigs from past releases in your reviews.

:wub: wish I had a collection like that. oh well maybe someday. One way to keep the dust from settling in the display is to wire up a small CPU fan to a nine volt and a small hole to blow it out. depends if you are comfort able cutting glass though..

Set up a small air cleaner. The simplest way to do so, is a small fan with a high quality air filter in front. Especially near the door, where most dust comes in anyway.

Wow! That's a really nice and big display!  Lots of LEGO!

Andy D

That is really cool :wub:

I wouldn't open the curtain though for fear of the light affecting the colour of some parts.

Cool.  One way to keep out dust might be to create positive air pressure in the displays.  You pump in air that has been fine particle filtered.  The human body sheds a lot of dead skin cells which end up as dust.  Keeping people out of the room can help too.  :classic:

Thanks guys! I am glad you enjoyed seeing my display set up. 

20 hours ago, JopieK said:

Now I also know how you add all those nice Minifigs from past releases in your reviews.

Now you know my secret. :tongue: and it was previously in storage containers whenever I need it. 

17 hours ago, Jody Meyer said:

One way to keep the dust from settling in the display is to wire up a small CPU fan to a nine volt and a small hole to blow it out. depends if you are comfort able cutting glass though..

I definitely not comfortable on cutting onto my tempered glass even though I don't know to imagine a small CPU fan could help? 

15 hours ago, splatman said:

Set up a small air cleaner. The simplest way to do so, is a small fan with a high quality air filter in front. Especially near the door, where most dust comes in anyway.

That's interesting and I am just curious on how exactly it can be done? 

13 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I wouldn't open the curtain though for fear of the light affecting the colour of some parts.

I never opened my curtains and those curtains in my room are specially made for sun block. 

6 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Cool.  One way to keep out dust might be to create positive air pressure in the displays.  You pump in air that has been fine particle filtered.  The human body sheds a lot of dead skin cells which end up as dust.  Keeping people out of the room can help too.  :classic:

On top of keeping 'myself' and others out of the room. How do we exactly create positive air pressure other than creating vacuum seals from the window edge. 

On 7/18/2018 at 3:59 AM, WhiteFang said:

That's interesting and I am just curious on how exactly it can be done?

Do an image search for "fan with air filter". Most examples are nothing more than a box fan with an ordinary furnace filter taped to the intake side. There are also more elaborate designs by woodworkers, which they use as woodshop air cleaners. Whatever fan and design you use, make sure you use a good air filter. 3M's Filtrete Healthy Living filters are an example.

Awesome room, many great sets :wub:! Everyone needs one. Figs must be behind glass :cry_happy:

Excellent setup there WhiteFang! I love that you now have easier access to all the minifigs for the coming reviews!