Hi, 

I would like to show you my attempt at improving @Teo LEGO Technic's Tatra front axle. You can find it's WIP topic here: 

Well, back to my MOC ( :blush: ). 

• Scale - 1:20
  • Performance:
  • Indoor terrain - satisfying
  • Outdoor - not measured yet (will be tested on 4th race of LTTT (Czech Lego truck trial championship) at 21.7.2018)
  • electronics installed (now):
    • propulsion: XL motor (I also planned to try double PF Ls, but I need them in another MOC right now.)
    • steering: M motor (can you find it? it is almost hidden) 
    • powersource: Li-po BB,
    • controlled by: PF IR.

INSTRUCTIONS: 
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-16054/Horcikdesigns/tatra-t815-120-truck-trial/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=approvemoc&elid=672967#parts

VIDEO: 

41641235720_2e62e45a91_c.jpgTatra T815

1:20 - TruckTrial 

41641162920_c1ca155e67_c.jpg

41641231850_ccb4365bd4_c.jpg

43524094992_01d9a9346b_c.jpgT815 chassis by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

EDIT: 
In near future, I plan to rebuild this truck to firetruck Tatra T815 CAS32 (or similar) which will be semi-RC (with manual functions (watergun movement, and some other) and with  RC drive - I need other IR reciever in other MOCs, and building a gearbox seems like fun). (this truck (Truck Trial) is fully RC))

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Just now, LM71Blackbird said:

Great looking model! RC would definitely be a cool addition. Keep up the great work!

Thanks! However, this truck is remotely controlled, thus RC (in PF style), and is not going to be used as a racetruck during the LTTT race (where, I know, almost every truck use cable-control because of weight of the truck)

Nice looking small scale Tatra. BTW are wheels black?

@Thirdwigg Thank you. :) This year's season is dedicated for much bigger trucks, this one is going to stand out of competition.

@I_Igor Thank you. :)  The wheels are painted. (I've got a thing for black wheels) :D 

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Just now, HorcikDesigns said:

@Thirdwigg Thank you. :) This year's season is dedicated for much bigger trucks, this one is will stand out of competition.

@I_Igor Thank you. :)  The wheels are painted. (I've got a thing for black wheels) :D 

They are nice despite they are not original :thumbup:

It's cool, but I wish it had a single driveshaft, like the real truck, not two driveshafts.

2 minutes ago, LosTuksux said:

100% make a rc version! Such a good looking tatra :)

Thank you! The firetruck (another MOC based on this one) unfortunately will not be fully RC, because I need other IR receivers in other MOCs, and gearbox for more than 2 independent functions sounds like bigger challenge to me.

Just now, Sariel said:

It's cool, but I wish it had a single driveshaft, like the real truck, not two driveshafts.

Thank you very much. I know it is not 100% accurate, but  because I've already built many single driveshaft Tatras (I got slightly tired of them), I decieded to try this time something new, to explore new possibilities and it's behaviour. Mostly because the front axle, that was the initial part of it. 
Maybe I'll try to rebuild the rear axles to proper halfaxle setup, but because I really like the compactness of the front, the front section will probably stay the same. 

1 hour ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Thank you! The firetruck (another MOC based on this one) unfortunately will not be fully RC, because I need other IR receivers in other MOCs, and gearbox for more than 2 independent functions sounds like bigger challenge to me.

Thank you very much. I know it is not 100% accurate, but  because I've already built many single driveshaft Tatras (I got slightly tired of them), I decieded to try this time something new, to explore new possibilities and it's behaviour. Mostly because the front axle, that was the initial part of it. 
Maybe I'll try to rebuild the rear axles to proper halfaxle setup, but because I really like the compactness of the front, the front section will probably stay the same. 

I feel you.. I'm currently building a moc thats supposed to have 7-8 motorized functions all stuffed in to a volvo truck on 62.4mm tires. I thought about making the drive functions rc and building a gearbox with manual switches to power other functions. Might also end up getting another sbrick so I could make it all rc. They just seem to be hard to find right now.

Kind of looks better when it's dirty, when it's out and about. And why did you ditch the roll cage?

Edited by pagicence
typo

1 hour ago, HorcikDesigns said:

@pagicence I think so too. :D I had the model assembled for a long time, so i got slightly bored of the roll cage. Without it it looks slightly cleaner, in my opinion.

I like its size and compactness, it's looking awesome! I have to build it and test somewhere. Do you think there are all available blue bricks to replace white ones?

20 minutes ago, Ctan said:

I like its size and compactness, it's looking awesome! I have to build it and test somewhere. Do you think there are all available blue bricks to replace white ones?

Thank you! Looking forward to see photos of your assembly. I am not sure, whether they exist, or about their price. I tried to edit the inventory to all existing parts, but not the model. Hope it is possible, at least with some mods.

29 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I’m going to build this also...thanks for the hard work to make this available. No roll cage for me!

I really look forward to see it finished. :)