Hello everyone.

This is my first MOC that I am not ashamed of showing;)

Ural 4320 on a shortened 4wheel basis.

20180611_151054.jpg.db81427f8c88964347ce942705e46d87.jpg

- 2 XL paired for driving

- m motor for steering

- m motor for 2step gearbox

- m motor for rear differential lock

- openable hood and doors

- live axles with portal hubs

- flexible flat body-chassis

- powered by Buwizz 2.0

Total weight is 1800g. Length - 0,52 meters. Width - 0,26 meters.

The idea was to make a trial truck in a bigger scale but still capable of handling heavy offroad.

The model was inspired by Madoca's Jeep Concept and has the same general idea. Including paired 24x8 low gear and a 16x16 fast gear. Plus the portal hubs. But it is 4 more studs wider and ~10 more studs longer.

It has live axles and a flexible body which results in a really stable construction. As of a few hours of heavy outdoor testing it didn't roll over once.

As it was the first MOC I focused on the functionality rather than on design. Feel free to give me a punch for scarcity of design;) It looks odd but drives really well on a low gear.

On a faster gear the 2 paired XL motors start chewing on the gears while offroading, On the flat surface it's fine though.

Originally it just had a straight m motor to the 8x24 gear for steering, but due to heavy tension the gears or the motor were going off its clips.

So I decided to make a steering through the small line actuator fixated in every possible way. As a result it was super sturdy and stable.

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

The chassis (looks pretty compact without tractor wheels):

chassis.jpg

Gearbox:

Hope you like it:wink:

Let me know what you think of it!:wub:

Edited by gate

Well to be honest those machines are not winning beauty contests, so only thing dealing with design is wether you make model that is accurate or better scaled in comparison to original or not. Whole chassis design is good IMHO.

When you upload images to Eurobricks forum post just copy link to image hosting on bricksafe, Flickr...in your post. Just take attention not to link images bigger than 1024...

Regards

Thx for the tip.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Well to be honest those machines are not winning beauty contests, so only thing dealing with design is wether you make model that is accurate or better scaled in comparison to original or not.

As for the scaling it's ~ 1 to 12. While lego model is 2x1 length to width, original is almost 3x1 length to width.

But I removed the 3rd axle to maximize the offroad capabilities and besides it would be really heavy with it. So I kind of kept the proportions as much as it is possible here.

640x371.jpg

Update: added a few more photos

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Update: found my photo of chassis at the early stages, with a servo and not m motor for steering yet (oh, how foolish I was:sceptic:)

Forgot to mention that I like the way you made chassis stiffer with frames ?

(It is technique that I also prefer so chassis remains stiff and thin at the same time)

16 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Forgot to mention that I like the way you made chassis stiffer with frames ?

(It is technique that I also prefer so chassis remains stiff and thin at the same time)

I liked the way I did it as well. Nothing extra. The 5x7 frame is one of my favourite lego parts tbh:wink:

6 hours ago, Matty04 said:

That looks and works great! Can you post a close up of the gearbox?

Here is a simple scheme:

20180718_144008.jpg

Also added a short gearbox showcasing video into the header.

4 hours ago, gate said:

I liked the way I did it as well. Nothing extra. The 5x7 frame is one of my favourite lego parts tbh:wink:

I use both 5 X 7 and 11 X 5 frames on my models chassis because they give me additional stiffness

If you come to think about it now I would really recommend doubling the 16 gears as well, because torque is really huge here:wink:

Edited by gate