Woah, cool! This is top-notch. The details are spot on, from the Mack-aroni parts for the front bullbar to the use of the panels getting the shape right. Great work! :thumbup:

This is absolutely amazing, I love cranes (working on one right now), and this looks like a small version of 42009, great job. :thumbup:

18 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How did you design the steering?

I will create a separate video about steering mechanism :) 

Thank you all! The only thing I had to use extra is the rope.. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Dyen said:

Thank you all! The only thing I had to use extra is the rope.. :laugh:

You can't have everything ;)
Really, really nice model, I am curious about the steering mechanism too.

Great model, nice features and details (Moving steering wheel, ladder).

Loved the steering mechanism, very innovative.

8 hours ago, Dyen said:

Here is the steering mechanism

Interesting... I had something similiar in early versions of my 42043 C Model, but I have chosen gears instead of links :)

Always get amazed when I see C models. And this is one of the best:wink:

An excellent mobile crane, and even better as a C-model. The colours from the original set look great in this form, and I love how all the detailing stickers/parts have been included. Great work overall.

Wow, really unexpected alternate model.

Could you, please, share more pics? I'd like to see the boom and the rotating superstructure. Video maybe?

Very impressive alternate model! Do you have plans to make instructions? I would volunteer to help. In fact I already started to rebuild it in LDD from the photos.

42078_Mobile-Crane_ldd_rebuild-v1.jpg

Edited by Nequmodiva
File paths changes

Fantastic C model. Great use of panels including stickers. How many parts are left from the original model ?

BTW, your liftgate truck was also really clverly designed. Thanks for sharing with us.

4 hours ago, fosamax said:

Fantastic C model. Great use of panels including stickers. How many parts are left from the original model ?

BTW, your liftgate truck was also really clverly designed. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks a lot! 

User Rain568 has posted a ldd file on rebrickable : https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-21418/Rain568/42078-mobile-crane/#comments

It's a rebuild based on photos and videos from Dyen's  model so I'm not sure if it matches perfectly the original creation.

Actually, it's a rather big moc, so building from ldd may be cumbersome at some point.

Hope someone may end up creating real pdf instructions for that one. I know it's a huge task so I'm not begging for BTW.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:52 AM, fosamax said:

User Rain568 has posted a ldd file on rebrickable : https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-21418/Rain568/42078-mobile-crane/#comments

It's a rebuild based on photos and videos from Dyen's  model so I'm not sure if it matches perfectly the original creation.

Actually, it's a rather big moc, so building from ldd may be cumbersome at some point.

Hope someone may end up creating real pdf instructions for that one. I know it's a huge task so I'm not begging for BTW.

Rain568 has pulled down the ldd file (I still have it saved) and has made PDF instructions which he is selling instead. Really wondering if he has discussed this with the designer or if he's just making money from other people's work.

13 hours ago, Gumalca said:

Rain568 has pulled down the ldd file (I still have it saved) and has made PDF instructions which he is selling instead. Really wondering if he has discussed this with the designer or if he's just making money from other people's work.

Nobody discussed this with me.. I apologize to everyone that my instructions aren't finished yet, but I have a lot to do with other things. When I have time I prefer to build new models than creating instructions ..

Edited by Dyen

9 hours ago, Dyen said:

Nobody discussed this with me..

That's not nice.

9 hours ago, Dyen said:

I apologize to everyone that my instructions aren't finished yet, but I have a lot to do with other things. When I have time I prefer to build new models than creating instructions ...

I hope this doesn't deter you from making instructions or creating new models. Keep up the good work!