....at least, that's what I think. I really want Lego to put out a new space theme, but I think all the ones made since the mid 90s have been less interesting.  I would like them to just revive BlackTron, Space Police, M-Tron and Ice Planet, and I think that would be excellent.  To be honest, I think even the 80s sets, which look kind of plain (like Benny's Spaceship), have a lot more character than some of the later alien invasion type stuff; it was like a hard sci-fi setting.  I know a lot of people will say it's just nostalgia, because younger people won't want such simplistic sets, but for me, there were a couple of things in favor of this era, which Lego subsequently largely lost: 1). The different space factions were actually damn interesting, with really good colors, and occupied a shared universe 2). The play sets were simple enough to be rebuilt as original creations, with fewer unique pieces specific to one set 3). The space ships were different to Star Wars ones, they just flew, had open cockpits, oxygen tanks, no extras/fluff 4). Each faction covered normal life in Lego's space setting, with M-Tron and Ice Planet being just miners, not soldiers In my opinion, all you would need to update M-Tron, BlackTron (either I or II colors), Space Police (either I or II colors), and Ice Planet (best color scheme ever), would be to add some extra facial details to the minifigs, make the transparent canopies a bit more complicated in shape, but otherwise just stick to relatively simple pieces instead of organic things that can't be used in anything else.  Why invent a new theme, when the sets from this era were so good, and can be revived/revisited?  Who else would like to see Space Police IV, BlackTron III, M-Tron II and Ice Planet II?  I know I would!  Some of the great color schemes: Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!