Fraunces

[SR - Era II - Challenge 2 - CatB] Jungle Grave

This is Category B of the Dark Secrets on the Île d'Or - Era II, Challenge II. For my Cat. A, check this link.

Log of Lothario Fraunces

We headed into the jungle with nothing more than our curiosity and bravery hoping for treasures to be found on the famous Île D'Or. Instead of the promise in the name of the island we did not find gold, we found marks of blood in the jungle, fresh marks with strange footprints leading to an odd gate which big statue of an unknown beast.

4A

The corpses were eaten from and remains were found all over the place. We have seen some strange particularities on the Brick Seas so far, but this was truly breathtaking. 

4B

4C

4D

I ordered the men to bring down this demonic statue and bury the corpses in the hole so that what ever was bringing its prizes to this place would be startled. I also did it out of a religious sentiment inherited from my mother. No man should be left to rot out here in a forsaken jungle. We scouted the area and looked further for the 'terror of the jungle'. 

4E

----------------------------------------------------------

Nice build, I like the statue that is off to the right. And the use of the garden gives it a much bigger feeling, well done. 

The gate is very nice, and I still like your idea to use real plants in background :thumbup:

the battling area is well rendered... and I will keep an eye on your story

Nice build, the statue is very well built, a scary one, the trees look good too.

This is a spooky story worthy of our challenge! As previously mentioned, statues are nice and so is the foliage and the depiction of the dead. Skulls on poles are also fitting and so are the flowers used as decor! 

Thanks for the positive comments, this community is the best. Soon you will see the final battle!

Great entry Fraunces, what really makes this 'pop' for me is the use of the garden as the background. It seems to make the greens more lush and really ands a depth that promotes the jungle feel. Great statues and intriguing story.