Lox Lego

Mclaren 570s - Bugatti B Model + Instructions

Hey Guys!

This car is a collaboration between @DugaldIC, @Didumos69 and @Lox Lego . Dugald created the incredible framework, Didumos69 made the 8 Speed gearbox, (thanks dude!) and I completed the bodywork (with some serious help from my Bro - thanks B!)

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/loxlego/
Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeJeuaA

43366091412_caec50f718_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

The McLaren 570S lives to thrill. With a body that draws crowds, two seats, dihedral doors, and enough air intakes for a fighter jet, the McLaren 570S will arouse envy in all who see it. Its carbon-fiber-and-aluminum construction, 562-hp twin-turbo V-8, murderous exhaust note, and preternatural steering ensure that it’s no showpiece, either.

29543454428_7ae5f7573d_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Other cars at this heady end of the sports-car segment are more practical or more refined—or both—but none match the visceral excitement of lashing a 570S down a twisty road.

28544213147_e257b4bec6_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Built with just parts from the Bugatti, this B model sports 8 speed gearbox with stoppers at 1st and 8th, drive neutral reverse, blue gear on the dash shifts thru gears, butterfly doors, V8, HOG and working steering wheel, properly tuned suspension without the use of torsion bar for all you purists out there, opening glovebox, opening engine bay and hood. 

42713328184_5c495257c5_b.jpgMclaren 570s - Art by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

I've added a Lipo battery, S-brick and PF lights to showcase the car. The motor does not push the car well, it is simply there to showcase the gearbox. 

42697283334_ef3aa1148f_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

43366109072_86f316a86e_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

28544231497_4d41e358b0_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

42697288944_721d9b1a68_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Bugatti VS Mclaren :)

29543476988_1d7eed3e29_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

43429399061_4f3684fe10_b.jpgMclaren 570s - Art by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29558360798_9488a4b62c_b.jpgMclaren 570s - Art by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Wow, just wow. That is a seriously good looking car, but knowing it is a B-model brings it to another level. Very well done :thumbup:

Amazing collaboration!  Incredible what you can accomplish when working together.   Love the blue gear selector in the dash.

Excellent alternate build! I will definitely build it after disassembing my Bugatti. 

Nice B model. It looks great and nothing like he original model which is impressive.

My only critique is that the angle in which the doors open is off. Imagine if there were a side window in the door and I think that you'll understand what I mean. The side mirrors and window should be more forward and above the front windshield when they are opened and not inwards toward the cabin.

Out of curiosity, how many parts were left over?

Edited by Meatman

Wow! Nice job, i especially like the back and the "hood" area. One question though, Is the red hose cut for the lights?
Great Work!

42 minutes ago, Meatman said:

About 800 including extra parts. It’s mostly system parts and pins. 

Edited by LvdH

Now that is the greatest alternate model I have ever seen! Amazing use of parts and beautiful result. I want to get my hands on a 42083 now, just to build this!

On 7/15/2018 at 4:27 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Just amazing! 

On 7/15/2018 at 4:43 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Wow, just wow. That is a seriously good looking car, but knowing it is a B-model brings it to another level. Very well done :thumbup:

On 7/15/2018 at 5:14 PM, KD123 said:

Amazing collaboration!  Incredible what you can accomplish when working together.   Love the blue gear selector in the dash.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:18 PM, LvdH said:

Excellent alternate build! I will definitely build it after disassembing my Bugatti. 

Thanks guys. I feel like the trick to the success of this car was the preparation prior to designing. Dugald chose this car well, as it didn't have a roof (more panel placement elsewhere) and the colour combo was similar in real life (tan interior)
Some smaller details were ironed out even before we got to the end, like removing 2 of the suspension control arms from the front suspension to be used for the opening of the doors. These seemingly small processes helped massively at the end of the build,
as we were able to create the Butterfly doors and other sections by stealing from different areas.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:28 PM, Meatman said:

Nice B model. It looks great and nothing like he original model which is impressive.

My only critique is that the angle in which the doors open is off. Imagine if there were a side window in the door and I think that you'll understand what I mean. The side mirrors and window should be more forward and above the front windshield when they are opened and not inwards toward the cabin.

Hey Meatman! I totally know what you mean, the real doors open much further and more upward in real life. But as all things Technic, we are left with limitations. As you can see in the video, the angle at which the doors open do not allow any more movement - or else the bodywork would be compromised. There were around 800 parts left over as LvdH has stated.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:56 PM, doggo said:

Wow! Nice job, i especially like the back and the "hood" area. One question though, Is the red hose cut for the lights?
Great Work!

Yes, the red hose was cut in half, and the lights were cut 4 studs shorter. This was a tough descision as I didn't wat to mod. any parts, but alas the final product is much more appealing when modded. So beware - scissors required! lol 

On 7/15/2018 at 6:12 PM, LvdH said:

About 800 including extra parts. It’s mostly system parts and pins. 

Yep! Thanks again @LvdH for your parts help on this one.

On 7/15/2018 at 6:57 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Now that is the greatest alternate model I have ever seen! Amazing use of parts and beautiful result. I want to get my hands on a 42083 now, just to build this!

On 7/15/2018 at 7:29 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Dang! This is a masterpiece! You guys nailed the rear lights! Knowing this is a B-model just takes it to another level.

Very cool man! I'm hopefully starting instructions tonight.

41605996020_d16a0e33e1_b.jpgMaclaren 570s - Bugatti B model - Framework by my bro Dugald, gearbox by Didumos and Bodywork by Loxlego ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29600462628_970e67e5f9_b.jpgMclaren 570s - Bugatti 42083 B model - white room shots by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

42754820474_f9a031bdb2_b.jpgMclaren 570s - Bugatti 42083 B model - white room shots by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29600461988_6f48112fb4_b.jpgMclaren 570s - Bugatti 42083 B model - white room shots by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

I envy you guys having so much fun together sharing your skills :moar: (my brothers don´t :sadnew:), pushing each other to new levels :thumbup:

Great B-model, build in such record time, although the PF components don´t belong to the set. The rear view is spectacular and compliments for these fantastic rear lights!

Nevertheless, being a McLaren fan myself, I have to issue some critique - to me this MOC doesn´t resemble the 570 S that much - just my humble opinion. Because the lights contours replicated to scale are an essential component of the charactaristic look of any car. Anyway, very nice project!

Edited by brunojj1

Superb use of parts man! As others said, knowing this is a  B model it is mind blowing! Hats off for you! 

@brunojj1i can't remove your name :(

Edited by IA creations

Yes, I think it´s obvious. But let´s shift back to the topic: the red axle from the Chiron set is very versatile for this kind of purpose and Lox gave an excellent example how to use it in a creative way :wub:. Unfortunately there are not many available yet on BL, so what 3d party stuff we should look for ?? Transparent even possible?

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

Yes, I think it´s obvious. But let´s shift back to the topic: the red axle from the Chiron set is very versatile for this kind of purpose and Lox gave an excellent example how to use it in a creative way :wub:. Unfortunately there are not many available yet on BL, so what 3d party stuff we should look for ?? Transparent even possible?

Yes, that axle is well used. is it cut from original?

This is a case you build B-Model when many people do not receive their Bugatti yet. Looks mindblowing!

If I understand right - the blue 20t gear in the interior is a gear shifter? Superb! Rear looks very similar to the original car! Good job, Mate!

But, front light are exactly not from the 570s, sorry.

Great collaborative work and indeed before the set is even sold through non-Lego stores! It makes the purchase of this set even more attractive, knowing that you can build the original, this great B-model and probably the pimp up my Bugatti version ...

On 7/18/2018 at 2:48 AM, brunojj1 said:

How about using fiber optic cables for the headlights? They are transparent and are thin enough to fit through a pin hole. But I am not too sure about its flexibility compared to the red axle. Looks quite rigid