aukevin

Adding on to the Harry Potter Quidditch Match

For years I’ve always wanted a small scale Quidditch pitch set but never got around to building it with the old set even though I purchased extra players. Well I didn’t want to wait long with the new set. I didn’t use many parts from the second set other than the goal pieces but I wanted those extra players too. Here’s what I ended up with:

The full Quidditch Pitch. Ideally the goal areas wouldn’t be raised up so much or I could have built up the field surface more but this will suffice.

Quidditch Match

A Weasley bro taking out a Slytherin while Hermoine casts a spell on Snape in the stands  

Quidditch Match2

The semi trans long pieces work gray to simulate flight

Quidditch Match3

Angelina Johnson takes a shot!

Quidditch Match4

Thanks for looking!

Quidditch Match5

Very nice work! I like the seating areas you've added, they blend in well with the towers, neat idea with attaching the trans long pieces to the tops of he towers to pose the figures :thumbup:

I love the meshing of the old and new parts, I can see bits from the old quidditch sets and bits from earlier ages of Harry Potter and they all mesh pretty well here where I feel like sometimes they don't look quite so good together. Excellent job!

Excellent job!  Now I need to buy another of the new quidditch sets.

Is that on two 32x32 baseplates or something else?

5 minutes ago, teos said:

Excellent job!  Now I need to buy another of the new quidditch sets.

Is that on two 32x32 baseplates or something else?

yeah just two 32x32.  It's hangs over a stud or two on the backside but I'm sure I could have kept tweaking to get it all to stand on the baseplates.  If I had the parts I would have build up the field higher to be flush with the goal areas but I didn't have the green bricks.  Project for another time :)  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Nick Wolfe said:

I love the meshing of the old and new parts, I can see bits from the old quidditch sets and bits from earlier ages of Harry Potter and they all mesh pretty well here where I feel like sometimes they don't look quite so good together. Excellent job!

Thanks! Yeah thankfully they all mix good.  Sure the quidditch uniforms are a bit different, but hopefully I can acquire news over time.  The Slytherin ones shouldn't be too tough once the CMF series comes out.  

On 7/15/2018 at 1:29 PM, Tariq j said:

Very nice work! I like the seating areas you've added, they blend in well with the towers, neat idea with attaching the trans long pieces to the tops of he towers to pose the figures :thumbup:

Yes that part with the clear bars came together real good.  Thanks!

very nice! one thing, I would try to pose the flying figs better... maybe the ones with poseable legs could have the brooms between the legs?

Heh. What's Lucius doing in the Gryffindor section? XD

Looks great, the only thing I would criticise is the absence of the black/white 'referee' tower. Which could be easily fixed, if you did indeed get two of the set, then it should be easy enough to use the Black parts from the second Hufflepuff tower and the light bley (since they used light bley in place of white on Slytherin) from the spare Slytherin tower to recreate it . . . if you want, that is, obviously I'm in no position to tell you how to build your MOCs . . though, now that I think about it I might get two and do that myself . . anyway, looking great! 

40 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Heh. What's Lucius doing in the Gryffindor section? XD

Looks great, the only thing I would criticise is the absence of the black/white 'referee' tower. Which could be easily fixed, if you did indeed get two of the set, then it should be easy enough to use the Black parts from the second Hufflepuff tower and the light bley (since they used light bley in place of white on Slytherin) from the spare Slytherin tower to recreate it . . . if you want, that is, obviously I'm in no position to tell you how to build your MOCs . . though, now that I think about it I might get two and do that myself . . anyway, looking great! 

I thought about it, and I could use the one from the old Quidditch set that Hooch was from.  But there really wasn't room.  I wanted to make sure each bleacher section could fit was at least 8 studs so I ran out of room.  I originally was going to make a Ravenclaw section too but wasn't room for that either, so it was reduced to the curved area.