Yumago

Warning, Unidentified Flying Object approaching...

Hey people! :-)

I'm Francis and I'm from the Netherlands (you know... That funny little country below sea level which is bound to get flooded sooner or later ;-) (I just realized lego doesn't float... Crap... :-P )). Been a lego fan from my childhood etc. etc. *insert general happyness here* but I've been in hibernation for a few years until I recently discovered BrickShelf and BrickLink. Now... Exactly $1287 and 1 cent later I think my collection is finally up to MOC standards, while my savings account is... Ehrm... Begging for mercy :-P

My favourite themes are Space, Castle and Western, but space is the biggest theme of all by far, BrickLink allowed me to get me a nice collection of space sets. I've completed my Blacktron II collection, including some doubles, but minus the unusual sets (value packs for example). I am almost done with Spyrius (Need the base) and am well on my way with M-Tron, UFO, Space police II and some others.

By the way, if anybody noticed the black tabbed and untabbed hoses started disappearing off BrickLink... Then that's me, sorry :-$

Edited by Yumago

Welkom! Nog meer Nederlanders! >:-)

Lego doesn't float?! :'-( Hehe, i live above sealevel!

Wow, I like what I'm reading there. X-O

Anyway, welcome!

Edited by zero1312

Bienvenidos al nuestro sitio en el internet!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

--Faramir

Thanks for your nice replies (Lang leve de lage landen!) ! :'-)

I'll be posting some space MOCs pretty soon, but at the moment I'm kind of busy with exams and I can't get my digital camera to work properly, gragh... |-/

Besides, I'm waiting for several shipments containing (among other stuff) the dozens of hoses/panels/windscreens/hinges which are required for the homemade theme I'm working on... Now all I need is some kind of corny mysterious background tune to keep you in suspense if you're interested... :-P All Space fans around can expect a lot of black and trans-red, so... Start drooling. And yes, that's an order! :-P Heheheh.

Hello and welcome to the well prepared side of the brick. *y*

lrg_mattress_raft.jpg

Hey people! :-)

I'm Francis and I'm from the Netherlands (you know... That funny little country below sea level which is bound to get flooded sooner or later ;-) (I just realized lego doesn't float... Crap... :-P )). Been a lego fan from my childhood etc. etc. *insert general happyness here* but I've been in hibernation for a few years until I recently discovered BrickShelf and BrickLink. Now... Exactly $1287 and 1 cent later I think my collection is finally up to MOC standards, while my savings account is... Ehrm... Begging for mercy :-P

My favourite themes are Space, Castle and Western, but space is the biggest theme of all by far, BrickLink allowed me to get me a nice collection of space sets. I've completed my Blacktron II collection, including some doubles, but minus the unusual sets (value packs for example). I am almost done with Spyrius (Need the base) and am well on my way with M-Tron, UFO, Space police II and some others.

By the way, if anybody noticed the black tabbed and untabbed hoses started disappearing off BrickLink... Then that's me, sorry :-$

So that was you 8-� haha anyway welcome to EB *sweet*

Welcome to Eurobricks, nice to see someone else like Blacktron II, I have 6 of the sets, with the Blacktron II base hopefully on its way soon!

Welcome!

I have all the Spyrius sets too, except the Recon Robot and this set:

1843-1.jpg

Do you have this one? I thought it was quite rare...

Bienvenidos al nuestro sitio en el internet!

(They speak Dutch in Holland, not Spanish) X-D

Nope, I don't have that one :-( , I was talking about the catalog sets, not the unusual sets that only appear at groceries and supermarkets, if you catch my drift. ;-)

Btw, I have 3 recon robots... :-P They have a tabbed black hose (..... YEEAARGH *wub* ), a trans-red panel, a ton of useful hinges, and the somewhat expensive stud-block used for the head. Man, I bought one for $6.- in great condition, the block alone costs between 0.50 and 1 dollar nowadays... *sweet*

In case anybody happens to be interested, pictures of my first space MOC to ever reach the evil "maze of teh internetz" ( |-/ ) Will appear in the space forum in a short while (aprox. 1 hour from now on), I got my digital camera to work, even though the settings on the damn thing require a rocket scientist, seeing the interface is plain bogus. I think I'll just upload my pics to photobucket, always did the job for me, I don't see why I should suddenly get a brickshelf account. *sweet*

I've just looked throgh the instructions on Peeron, and I should be able to build it with spare parts, except the trans-red panel and the head block! I have it in grey, but not black *sing*

But do you prefer tabbed or non-tabbed hoses?

It's non-tabbed for me, as the ends can be taken off to get a nice piece of flexible tubing, and the ends can make smoother cones than the 1x1 cones...

Nope, I don't have that one :-( , I was talking about the catalog sets, not the unusual sets that only appear at groceries and supermarkets, if you catch my drift. ;-)

I don't have any of the small Blacktron II value pack sets either.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your first MOC!

Space! Final frontiers! Well, eurobricks also offers you enough space and what-so-ever for your comments, ideas, and MOCs!

I liked Classic Space, Futuron, Blacktron I and II, Space Police I and II, Ice Planet, and the Spyrius robots. Sadly, I don't have many of those sets. As I child I focussed too much on castle, and since the end of my "Dark Ages" trains have gotten my whole attention.

But I hope I can add some sets to my too small space collection sooner or later. But it's all a question of many as you know yourself! ;-)

You've got to take exams? Exams in school or are you a university student? If you're among the latter, there are some around here (including myself). ;-)

You've got to take exams? Exams in school or are you a university student? If you're among the latter, there are some around here (including myself). ;-)

Nah, I'm afraid I'm a little bit younger than that ;-) At the moment I'm 16, but I'm going for my "highschool" (the Dutch equivalent I mean, but appearantly our school systems are a tad different from those in most other countries) exam, I'll be going to university after this summer (17 by then), to study Technical Informatics. Also, don't ask why I'm 16 and taking exams, that's a bit of a long story and... I'd rather not get into the boring routine of explaining it |-/ heheh ;-)

Anyhow, anybody in here studying Informatics? *sweet*

Hi Yumago, Welcome to EB!

And, thanks for the funny/interesting introduction :-P

LuxorV

Welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

That funny little country below sea level which is bound to get flooded sooner or later ;-)

Let's hope not.