Hello everyone, I'd like to share my latest MOD:

Koenigsegg Agera RS1

This car is one of my favorite road-going super/hyper/megacars, and therefore I decided to build it. To me and many others, Koenigsegg is a very special car manufacturer: It was founded in the nineties by Cristian von Koenigsegg, a man without any engineering education background and budget. On top of that, all Koenigseggs are handcrafted and are produced in limited quantities. I like the RS in particular, beceause it is IMO the most beautifull Koenigsegg and it holds the top speed world record.

IMG-0303.jpg                             

This car is not fully designed by me. @Pvdb build the Koenigsegg one:1 more than two years ago. The RS1 and One:1 have very similar Bodyworks and since Pvdb nailed that on his One:1, i decided to use his bodywork as a shell around my disigned chassis. In addition to that, I also used his door meganism, beceause I could not imagine me designing a better one

IMG-0325.jpg    

Specifications:                                               

• Dimensions                          59x27x15 Studs                                         
  • Weight:                                2600 g
  • Estimated parts quantity:    2500 parts
  • Powerfuntion elements:      2x PF AAA batteries, 2x PF V2 reciever ,4x PF L motor, 1x PF Servo motor, 1x PF M motor, 2x PF 50 cm wire     

The RS1 is basically the same as any other RS, but it has the one MegaWatt engine upgrade. The RS1 is specced in white with a black center stripe and it has many blue accents such as the interior, skirts, spoiler, diffuser and front splitter. Many of those parts of the RS1 have just a very thin stripe of blue painted on it. This means you can not replicate that with regulare LEGO parts. Stickers seemed like the only solution, but at some point the idea to use rubber bands for some accents popped in my mind. I only used this trick in the front splitter.

IMG-0302.jpg        

Features:

• Easily removable Roof, like the real car 
  • Openable front trunk and engine bay
  • Motorized dihedral synchro-helix actuation doors, Powered by a PF M motor
  • Front double wishbone suspension with negative caster angle
  • Rear triplex suspension with double wishbones
  • Steering with working steering wheel, powered by a PF Servo motor
  • Propulsion with working V8 engine, powered by 4x PF L motor 

IMG-0336.jpg

I wanted both doors to be opeable by just one motor. This meant I had to make selector for wich door is connected to the motor. I had some free space in the center tunnel, so I decided to use the handbrake as a selector. Just behind the front wheels there is a driving ring wich can engage in two different clutch gears. Both clutch gears are connected to different doors. The motor and this meganism is placed underneath the trim.

IMG-0334.jpg

Here is the full 'transformer mode'. The front trunk and engine cover can be opened manually. If you look closely, you can see the battery and The L motors behind the seats. The recievers are placed behind the rear axle.

IMG-0342.JPG

Replicating the triplex suspension was for me a 'must have' on this car. It consists of two inclined shock absorbers and a horizontally placed pneumatic cilinder. The pneumatic cilinder is definately the most realistic looking way to make the central shock, but it is not practical. It offers resistance when extending and retracting, so I mounted some springs behind it to ensure that the model doesn't sag. In addition to all of that I also put some links on the suspension system. They are only there for an aesthetic reason though. 

finally, a video demonstration. Enjoy!

Comments and questions are welcome!

Edited by T Lego

Wow dude, stunning model!! Absolutely gorgeous. Love the colour combo, RC is the ultimate touch! :wub:

Beautiful MOD (?), I love the color combo you used! The blue really pops, and it adds spectacular flair! :thumbup:

What gear ratio did you use? I'm guessing 12/20 and then a diff. Any way you did, it has great performance!

That is a very cool version of Koenigsegg. I like the blue accents, especially the rubber bands.

1 hour ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Beautiful MOD (?), I love the color combo you used! The blue really pops, and it adds spectacular flair! :thumbup:

What gear ratio did you use? I'm guessing 12/20 and then a diff. Any way you did, it has great performance!

Changed the title!:thumbup:  The gear ratio is indeed 12:20. It has plenty of torque to drive in 8:24 too.

5 hours ago, T Lego said:

Changed the title!:thumbup:  The gear ratio is indeed 12:20. It has plenty of torque to drive in 8:24 too.

That is good. Great mod!

Work of art both with the original lego version! Love rear suspension mostly!

@ndm1306 I’m not sure if that’s the fairest thing to do, given the fact that a lot of this MOC was built by PvdB, which was a MOC with paid instructions. Not that I wouldn’t like instructions, of course, if PvdB doesn’t mind. 

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

@ndm1306 I’m not sure if that’s the fairest thing to do, given the fact that a lot of this MOC was built by PvdB, which was a MOC with paid instructions. Not that I wouldn’t like instructions, of course, if PvdB doesn’t mind

@ndm1306 Thanks! LvdH is right, it wouldn’t be fair to make instructions for this MOD and besides I don’t have Any experience with making digital building instructions. If you are seriously interested in building this, I say you should start building the @PvdbOne:1 (withouten gearbox and shift meganism) and then you can send me a PM if you want detailed info/pictures.

8 hours ago, T Lego said:

@ndm1306 Thanks! LvdH is right, it wouldn’t be fair to make instructions for this MOD and besides I don’t have Any experience with making digital building instructions. If you are seriously interested in building this, I say you should start building the @PvdbOne:1 (withouten gearbox and shift meganism) and then you can send me a PM if you want detailed info/pictures.

Hellom

Already build his Moc, but I'm so interested in the way you can motorise it. If possible, please make pictures how to make it.

Hi, do you make the instructions and parts file available? Please reply to leonhadass@hotmail.com.