Sign in to follow this  
LucByard

[MOC] Blacktron De-Phaser

A few tweaks, a backdrop and a name change and it's done.

I'm enjoying my take on the old enemy. I'd like to do a ship or vehicle, just dread the thought of how many little black claws I'm going to need to get :laugh::laugh:

41595522960_4af975c9b1.jpg

43403226501_b9f02563fa.jpg

43402399561_347e50950d.jpg

42685885534_0fef9ae31b.jpg

After building my Rectifier, a Blacktron answer to Perter Reid's pesky Turtles, I suppose it was inevitable I'd do an Exo-Suit too.

Chest cage is probably my favourite bit with some mad greebles going on, loads of new parts all getting used for their structural arrangement... But I also loved using the Elves curved elements on the legs, and the blaster rifles on the shoulders... best NPU here is the bananas though. Yellow bananas in, I like to think, a good non-banana role...

... Never looking at a Banana the same.

Thanks for looking.

I think I like it a lot... but I will say it's pretty difficult to make it out.  You should do a few pics on a neutral background so it doesn't blend in and obscure the great details and greebles.  :classic:

As a technical demonstration, I did but there's no atmosphere and they didn't get much of a response.

27196817957_cbbc92f951.jpg

A few words come to mind when looking at this, impressive and terrifying being the first among them.  The picture of it eviscerating a horribly out-classed exosuit is the icing on the cake.  This thing is really cool.

It's funny how as an 80s kid I used to think Blacktron were just misunderstood dudes with black spaceships. They have certainly become more terrifying with the passage of time!

Also never would have though of bananas as demon horns but it totally works.

Managed to get a couple of shows the separate it from the background better.

28554029337_f2c81f5dba.jpg

43428877211_4a268211e0.jpg

I'll be doing some technical shots on white soon though, just to show the detail as the impression I'm getting is that a lot of people want to see the detail in very boring, un-atmospheric clarity... But I won't apologise for doing atmospheric badass first. No-one walked out of ALIEN in 1979 and said they didn't like it cos they couldn't see the creature clearly... did they?

53 minutes ago, LucByard said:

...the impression I'm getting is that a lot of people want to see the detail in very boring, un-atmospheric clarity... 

No, no, think of it as museum-quality display for us to ogle over.

Finally got a plain background thing done for everyone that proved how well the design worked by not being able to make out the (to scale) 15 metre tall exo-suit. :head_back:

29081383407_ec72ca479d.jpg