Hi to everybody!

It's been a while since I posted something new...so now here we are.

Little prefaction, in the last year both time and motivations are dropped down, this Moc was almost ready in may 2017 and it took me a bit to find the desire to do pics video and instructions.....the instructions are not ready yet, but they are at a good point.

41596728680_62c9d01299_c.jpgIMG_2348 by Lucio Switch, su Flickr

Now about the Moc, this is a sort of a Dakar Truck, it's a lot simpler compared to my usual Mocs, the idea behind it was to use the Claas Tires, trapezoidal panels...and don't use the parts of my Crane Truck,  furthermore, to make it light (or try to do so), I added less details then usual. So it's son of a lot of (personal) compromises.

It is driven by 4Xl Motors, 2 for the front axle and 2 for the rear and it's steered by a servo motor. 2 M motors are used to run the pump and to actuate a pneumatic valve. It's powered by 2 Li-Po battery and controlled by 2 SBricks. 6 pairs of Led are used for the lights.
One small pneumatic pump, a pneumatic valve and 2 small pneumatic cylinders make up the pneumatic system.

The truck has live axles with Anti Roll-bar, the differentials are lockable pneumatically.
It has openale door, tiltable cab (with some interior details), and a door in the back to acces the battery.

That's all, I hope you like it!

Edited by Lucio Switch

Hello, Lucio! Very unexpected build! Is this a real Iveco prototype?

Only thing that is missed are the spare wheels inside cargo, imho.

Nice designer decision with the b&w angled panels!

Dang! she's a beauty! Awesome MOC in a massive scale, Lucio! Even though it doesn't have many functions, it is a great build! All it needs is a winch on that bumper. :wink:

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

Hello, Lucio! Very unexpected build! Is this a real Iveco prototype?

Only thing that is missed are the spare wheels inside cargo, imho.

Nice designer decision with the b&w angled panels!

Nope, I try to use the trans clear panel to do the lights, the rest was inspired by google.
I thought about the spare wheels...some less flat surfaces, fake radiators in the back with air vents...but this means more parts and more weight....and still it weight too much.:wink:

1 hour ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Dang! she's a beauty! Awesome MOC in a massive scale, Lucio! Even though it doesn't have many functions, it is a great build! All it needs is a winch on that bumper. :wink:

Same as above!:wink:

21 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Very good job on this moc. Wow talk about a lot of panels. It looked a little top heavy to me. Was that a problem?

It not only looks heavy, it is! The rear cover is around 1 kg, the cab even more!
I think that with a lighter and lower body it could perform way better.

Hi Lucio

Really like your new MOC DAKAR TRUCK!!! Can't wait to build, I already started prepare and collect the parts for it. May I know when will you plan to release the instruction?

Thanks and appreciated!

Stunning creation again Lucio.:thumbup:

I always love Dakar trucks and for this size and weight it is still preform well.

Really like the scaling. The truck is a beast. Well done!

Wow! What a monster! I'm in love with it, so much power (and no clicking or cracking noises) and such a great exterior! Perfect build!

Pneumatic diff locks - nice touch, very useful in trial-like activities :laugh:

Hope some day I build a mod or 6x6 version :laugh_hard:

20 hours ago, terryli said:

Hi Lucio

Really like your new MOC DAKAR TRUCK!!! Can't wait to build, I already started prepare and collect the parts for it. May I know when will you plan to release the instruction?

Thanks and appreciated!

Thanks! Instructions will come, but I don't know when! But I hope to do them in a short time, there is a lot less to do compared to what I usually have to do the BI of my Mocs.

20 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Stunning creation again Lucio.:thumbup:

I always love Dakar trucks and for this size and weight it is still preform well.

Thanks!

Fun facts... your Dakar Truck inspired me, especially for the video...a couple of weeks ago I was in holiday at the sea and I had with me the truck, camera, tripod, battery charger....now try to figure out my face when I discovered that the battery where at home...so no sand in the video, just a bit of mountains.

However, as you say, despite weight and size it climbing quite well, just the speed...if we can speak of speed!:grin:

17 hours ago, ArsMan064 said:

Awesome truck, really impressive. But I think black background not very good for this model

You are right, but I had almost the same problem with the other background...in white. Moreover the white of the truck was a bit more yellowish than the backgroud and in the pics it was quite unpleasant (a lot less in the video). Gray would have been perfect!

4 hours ago, SilenWin said:

Wow! What a monster! I'm in love with it, so much power (and no clicking or cracking noises) and such a great exterior! Perfect build!

Pneumatic diff locks - nice touch, very useful in trial-like activities :laugh:

Hope some day I build a mod or 6x6 version :laugh_hard:

Yes, no clicking or cracking noises, always on condition that you do not overdo it.
I mean, before you can stall the xl motors a U-joint will broke. Fortunately in my case there is an axle in the rear...axle...that pop out  if the driveline is too much stressed, disconnecting a gear of the differential. That's happened, it wasn't for pourpose, but since it help's me to save parts, I didn't fix it.

Off road performance with locked diff are way higher than with open one. The outdoor part of the video has the differential always locked.

Despite the 6x6 will be really cool, for a mod, I suggest to change completely the body, something like a pick-up, lower and lighter and I think it will become funnier to play.

Impressive work :thumbup:! I´m happy you could find some free time and generate new energy to present it to us!

What comes next? Grab 2 x #42083 cranes and build one bigger machine :wink:?

BTW - I don´t know yet what to do with these angled panels when it comes to much smaller vehicles :wacko:..

Edited by brunojj1

On 7/14/2018 at 6:50 PM, Lucio Switch said:

and it took me a bit to find the desire to do pics video and instructions

I so understand that! Building is after all what we like doing the most, video editing and photoshop is secondary to the whole thing... 

I like the way you constructed a color line on the sides, the suspension, and that you didn't save on power (4 XL's). It's a pity that the battery boxes don't deliver more current as the Truck would move smoother and faster. 

Really nice truck with impressive performance especially considering its size. Great work :thumbup:

I’ve seen this model in person yesterday. Helped the test builder with a few panels. It’s a very impressive build, and so much bigger than pictures show...

800x389.jpg

Here it is next to my Sheepo Mustang. 

Really nice!

Even though I don't really like the look of Dakar Trucks, the suspension this thing provides is just awesome