I have been slowly working on this. I have used the internal structure (with the bricks I have) from 10212. It is strong and holds the structure and weight of the wings. The 2 XL motors are more than enough to move the wings and in fact I think one would probably do the job.

The gears keep slipping unfortunately though and I am not sure what to do to stop that. I am going to hopefully be able to build it in Stud.io and then order the parts I'm missing soon but no ETA on that yet.

Anyone built the BrickVault version of the Zeta by Cavegod? 

47637476102_618129e836_z.jpgSlipping gears on the Lambda by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

This is looking great! Unfortunately the gears slipping would be due to the weight of the wings, would having more connection points help? 

Yes @Reaper Unfortunatly I think I am going to have to redo a bit of the wings to add in more connection points to the mechanism. I am giving ti another couple runs in Stud.io and then in bricks but I think that the MB design for wings is just too heavy for the mototz/gearing I am using. No idea how he managed it with his version AND had room for an interior. I would also love to see the mechanism used for the Cavegod & Brickvault Zeta Class shuttle as that's motorised and pulls the weight of those wings with no issue it appears. I bought the ones that Regegade Clone made and its just a version of the 10212 mechanism. Unfortunately that isn't holding the weight of these!

Finaly an update on this side project of mine!

The current mechanism works (technicaly on V6 as I have updated it since taking this video!) The gears dont slip and the motor seems to be holding strong so far.

Currently rebuilding the wings to get them at full weight and then see how it copes.

Once the motor mechanism works i will see how I can get it inside the shape of the hull. This may end up more 'inspired by' MB's version than anything else!

49193423777_6fd53e4eb6_k.jpgLambda mechanism V5 by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

Edited by Hamsha

Big update on the MOC. I have given up making the wings motorised. I am sure it is possible but I'm not sure how. I would rather get the design finished and then can try tinker with the internal mechanism once its built.

49462854168_79706a616c_k.jpgLambda by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

49463720822_e3de676b0c_k.jpgLambda shuttle by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

49463720877_14c24d9bb9_k.jpgLambda shuttle by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

49464231527_62815e6e7a_k.jpgLambda in flight by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

Major update on the Lambda Shuttle. 

I have had time (like most people) the last month to work on other projects so have almost gotten the shuttle complete!!

Since my last post:

- Internal structure has been sured up, still not motorised wings but they do hold in place with the gearing that is in there. Maybe one day I will make them motorised but not just now.

- Cockpit is now complete and comes off like the escape pod with technic pins like its supposed to in the lore

- Main hull is now complete

- Lights for engines, battery pack and landing lights are built in with switches at the back

- Landing gear is on, not that accurate but it is over 4.7kg of lego with the wings at the moment, so would rather they were strong than movie accurate. It does balance on the 2 landing gear alone so thats more inportant to me just now. 

- The side wings are done but are the last parts to be attached to the main hull as they are a pain in the *** to get off.

Still to do:

- Engines need to be done, currently waiting on parts from bricklink to arrive for them

- The part connecting the top sail to the hull needs to be worked out

- The interior needs seats and details added to it but that can come at a later point.

- The removable side panels of the hull need a bit of tweaking to sit nicely and need some parts added to them to make them finished.

49854374291_48a80806ea_k.jpgLambda shuttle update by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

49853833798_bd32f4160a_k.jpgLambda shuttle update by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

49853833788_d66550f287_k.jpgLambda shuttle update by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

49829918523_5506ff387b_c.jpgAaaaaand the lights are intergrated now :D isolation has provided the time to really make progress on this beast! by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

49789428307_cab0a14bdd_k.jpgUpdate to the Lambda shuttle. The wings, main sail and sides of the main hull are done and can attach. This has been the biggest hurdle. Progress on the cockpit has been attached but it’s a test fit at the moment by Hamish Dobbie, on Flickr

Fantastic progress, I love it! Wish I had a collection of white parts now other than just grey, black and dark grey! :laugh: