onecase

[INSTRUCTIONS] Executor class Star Dreadnought

17 hours ago, shiny_car said:

@onecase I have made PayPal payment 15 October, and emailed you.

I am waiting to hear confirmation and receive the instruction package.

Thank you.

Richard Mar

Please email me about this matter. Thanks.

6 hours ago, onecase said:

Please email me about this matter. Thanks.

@onecase  Thank you, email sent.  Let me know if you don't receive it; I might be having problems with my email system. :classic:

Hello guys,

I wrote a few days ago to the email namaskaar@naver.com to buy the instruction manual. But nobody has answered yet.
Can someone tell me how long it will take?

kind regards

How have I not seen this MOC before? Excellent rendition of the Super Star Destroyer onecase! Then again, your MOCs are always top-notch, knocked this one out of the park.

Perhaps this may have to make its way into my collection some time...

I also started building this MOC a few days ago. It's a real joy so far. But I'm not that fast and this is my first bigger MOC.  I'm on page 257 of the construction manual. So far everything without problems. I am looking forward to the next construction stages.

Does this really only weigh 4 kg (~9 lbs)? I know it has a lot of small pieces, but it still seems very light for over 7000 pieces. Can anyone confirm? I need to know if it'll be safe to have on a wall shelf. :) Thanks!

On 11/8/2019 at 11:36 AM, danielwerner said:

Does this really only weigh 4 kg (~9 lbs)? I know it has a lot of small pieces, but it still seems very light for over 7000 pieces. Can anyone confirm? I need to know if it'll be safe to have on a wall shelf. :) Thanks!

No, it's a bit heavier. I weighed mine at 5.5Kg (12.2 lbs).

15 minutes ago, techtonic65 said:

No, it's a bit heavier. I weighed mine at 5.5Kg (12.2 lbs).

Thanks a lot for the info! And spending your first post (maybe even signing up) just to tell me. :D Still 5,5 isn't so bad. A shelf made for 10 kg should have no problems then.

I might need to finish this after I finish raskolnikov's ISD. Gorgeous model and it looks like I've come at the right time now that those barrels are much cheaper!

Thanks for making this MOC, it just blows the UCS out of the water.

Which is good, because I didn't really like the official model and I really love SSDs and Lego.

I was looking at the brick store links and there are two things that seem impossible:

1. Get all parts to make it.

2. Pay less than 1700 bucks for that.

Do you more experienced master builders have suggestions for a MOC newb?

3 hours ago, morgoth813 said:

Thanks for making this MOC, it just blows the UCS out of the water.

Which is good, because I didn't really like the official model and I really love SSDs and Lego.

I was looking at the brick store links and there are two things that seem impossible:

1. Get all parts to make it.

2. Pay less than 1700 bucks for that.

Do you more experienced master builders have suggestions for a MOC newb?

Hello, I am currently in the process of collecting parts for it, I've managed to get the bulk of it through some luck but still missing around 2k parts. I'd suggest you look for shops with the more rare parts that are cheap and start off with those, but do note that all the dark bluish gray parts can be any colour, and some lbg plates and stuff on the inside could be a different colour too. That should cut the costs down significantly.

Hope this helps.

Hello all, I'm nearly done with collecting all the parts, around 95% done. Just wondering if the price I got the parts is ok, as my overall total estimate is around 1600 AUD.

Also a suggestion for an updated partlist, the tile round 1 x 1 with tube is available in LBG, and the LBG levers are much more cheaper as they were released in the UCS ISD. Also the LBG barrel are available in bricks and pieces for under a dollar each.

4 hours ago, Reaper said:

Hello all, I'm nearly done with collecting all the parts, around 95% done. Just wondering if the price I got the parts is ok, as my overall total estimate is around 1600 AUD.

Also a suggestion for an updated partlist, the tile round 1 x 1 with tube is available in LBG, and the LBG levers are much more cheaper as they were released in the UCS ISD. Also the LBG barrel are available in bricks and pieces for under a dollar each.

Awesome! I promise you that you won't find a better SSD than this ;) Why spend hundreds for a mediocre UCS model where you can make this perfection haha

For the price you got though is a bit high (when I gathered my pieces it cost around ~$600 USD), but that could be due to the price for certain pieces increasing like the 1x1 clips. 

Edited by Evergreen

5 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Awesome! I promise you that you won't find a better SSD than this ;) Why spend hundreds for a mediocre UCS model where you can make this perfection haha

For the price you got though is a bit high (when I gathered my pieces it cost around ~$600 USD), but that could be due to the price for certain pieces increasing like the 1x1 clips. 

Ah ok, the big gray plates, wedges and technic bricks certainly cost a lot, was hoping to be able to get it for cheaper though.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:44 PM, Reaper said:

Ah ok, the big gray plates, wedges and technic bricks certainly cost a lot, was hoping to be able to get it for cheaper though.

I found Lego_AU was a great source for large plates, wedge plates, and tiles, and usually considerably cheaper than BL, and no issues with quantity.  But it's worth doing as bulk a buy as possible, to make their flat rate postage (A$15) worthwhile.

I bought quite a lot from them when acquiring parts for this MOC.

https://www.lego.com/en-au/service/replacementparts

:classic:

19 hours ago, shiny_car said:

I found Lego_AU was a great source for large plates, wedge plates, and tiles, and usually considerably cheaper than BL, and no issues with quantity.  But it's worth doing as bulk a buy as possible, to make their flat rate postage (A$15) worthwhile.

I bought quite a lot from them when acquiring parts for this MOC.

https://www.lego.com/en-au/service/replacementparts

:classic:

Thanks for the suggestion, I did buy a lot of the parts there! However there was a 200 part limit on each part so wasn't able to get some of the parts

Edited by Reaper

Hi, I bought the manual a while ago, and now I will have all the parts.

Are there any things I have to change during the assembly?

8 hours ago, Goreaction said:

Hi, I bought the manual a while ago, and now I will have all the parts.

Are there any things I have to change during the assembly?

Just follow the manual and you'll be fine :)

Bricksmarlin shows some missing steps on page 3 of this thread. There may be more, it's been a while since I built this.

16 hours ago, rockpig said:

Bricksmarlin shows some missing steps on page 3 of this thread. There may be more, it's been a while since I built this.

Believe those have been fixed when I built mine. Don't think I noticed any more errors, instruction was very well made.

Edited by Cylo

On 11/15/2018 at 5:55 PM, Schneeds said:

If you're planning on using Bricks & Pieces, just beware that the graphic for the Clips is wrong; and they are actually shipping the new version even if the picture shows the old verison.  I had ordered some as the cost of the old version can be on the high side, but discovered upon arrival that Lego is actually selling only the new ones. 

Thank you for posting this warning! I wouldn't have caught the error in my bricks and pieces order receipt until the parts arrived without it. Thankfully customer support was willing to provide me a refund for the problem

No problem :)  I thought it worth splurging to get the old style of clip for this stunning model.  It makes a big difference.