Spud The Viking

[COR - Era II - Challenge II - Cat A] Water mill

My entry into Category A of Challenge 2. Able to be licenced as a medium factory in Fatu Hiva (1024 stud footprint)

A water mill powers a grindstone inside, which grinds olives. The mill is worked by natives and so the team head there to gather information.

43381537381_1d7868f239_z.jpg

T'was a lovely walk for Lieutenant Joshua and his mercenaries to a water mill worked by natives of the island. Let me introduce you to this band of mercenaries;

41573303880_4dc8795b9f_c.jpg

43381515301_25fe6a8b16.jpg

Here we have the leader of this group, Lieutenant Joshua. Since HMS Paladin is currently inactive, Joshua has had some time to spend in more questionable pursuits compared to Spud. Lieutenant Joshua's age proved his naivity, and so the others elected him to bear the burden of all the supplies and equipment.

43381543581_60b2060523.jpg

Next, we have the Reverend Wesley McJohn, a clergyman from Corrington but not from the popular religion there. Lieutenant Joshua figured it would be a good idea to bring a man of faith along considering what may lie ahead.

43381514201_6dfdd7ee36.jpg

Here we have Lady Enia, a noblewoman from Eslandola. Her father cast her out for pursuing hunting rather than gold so now she is an 'arms for hire'.

41573301310_ca4c18caf8.jpg

Moving on we have Jacques le Méchant. A Oleonese Commander who was dishonourably discharged from the army of Oleon. Apparently he had looted a church. While in battle he was sent to the front lines to die. Managing to fight off his foes against all odds, he now seeks revenge on the officer who sent his company to their doom.

29511196018_74c2e13717.jpg

Last but not least, we have Angus Spud. As the surname gives away, he is a member of Clan Spud. Instead of hunting haggis or other wildlife, Angus hunts wanted men. Donning traditional hunting gear, Angus Spud is ready to encounter anything the Île d'Or throws at him - or so he believes.

Now you know the team, we'll arrive at the water mill where Jacques le Méchant knows a fellow former officer of Oleon.

41573317400_4597bb3d4e_z.jpg

The guards let the mercenaries walk right up to the mill without intrigue, peculiar but perhaps they were keeping their eyes on the bushes to spot whatever had attacked the Oleon patrol some time ago.

43381531901_632f768a4d_z.jpg

Jacques climbed the stairs and knocked on the door of the mill.

28511906567_d844a4ac4a_z.jpg

"Oui?" asked an old man inside the mill "Ah, it is yourself Jacques! What can I do for you?"

"I need to speak with your workers, Captain Glouton"

"Very well, I'll fetch one right away"

42477171755_dcbb26a240_z.jpg

"Hello sir, I need some information regarding this 'terror' in the jungle"

"You no go! You go - you not come back! Only thing holding back beast is god of water - you bring offering unto sea god and leave island" the native said in a frantic tone.

Nothing would hold the mercenaries back, they would have to go blindly into the jungle to find this 'terror' by themselves.

43381520521_cb1bf9b7a9_c.jpg

More pictures:

Edited by Spud The Viking

Great looking build Spud! Nice character intros as well. You packed so many awesome details into this build! One of my favorites is that door with the chrome on it.

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Great looking build Spud! Nice character intros as well. You packed so many awesome details into this build! One of my favorites is that door with the chrome on it.

Thank you @LM71Blackbird!

8 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

I really, really like your small company. Fantastic minifigure design.

Thanks! My favourite is Angus Spud, but that's only because I am biased on his inspiration nationality :pir-grin:

Nice build Spud, I like your wheel design and the water works. 

19 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

others elected him to bear the burden of all the supplies and equipment.

:pir_laugh2:

I like your characters, and the water mill looks really good, the water wheel is very well built, and nice interior too.

A worthy entry with a great cast of minifigs. I also like the water wheel design and the heads chosen for the oleander soldiers. Very fitting indeed!

Good luck revealing the secret that torments the good citizens of Fatu Hiva. 

8 hours ago, Bart said:

Nice build Spud, I like your wheel design and the water works. 

Thanks, I spent a fair bit of time on the wheel.

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

I like your characters, and the water mill looks really good, the water wheel is very well built, and nice interior too.

Thank you! The axle does turn the grindstone but sadly the wheel does not move with it.

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

A worthy entry with a great cast of minifigs. I also like the water wheel design and the heads chosen for the oleander soldiers. Very fitting indeed!

Good luck revealing the secret that torments the good citizens of Fatu Hiva. 

Thanks! I'm sure whatever it is - it will be more than my group can handle :pir-grin:

Very cool build, characters and of course the story. Furtermore, a very good selection of parts used in this build I think.

17 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very cool build, characters and of course the story. Furtermore, a very good selection of parts used in this build I think.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Firstly, I love the minifigs, especially Angus Spud! I now need to find that torso! The waterwheel is very nice and I like the way you have made the mill with the elevated entrance. Also great presentation and story. A strong entry, great job!

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Firstly, I love the minifigs, especially Angus Spud! I now need to find that torso! The waterwheel is very nice and I like the way you have made the mill with the elevated entrance. Also great presentation and story. A strong entry, great job!

Thanks! The torso is from this minifigure. It's probably my best build so far, I'm always looking to improve. 

13 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Thanks! The torso is from this minifigure. It's probably my best build so far, I'm always looking to improve. 

Just ordered! Also the store had one of the (hideously overpriced) goats that I have long wanted - so I treated myself.....:pir_laugh2: Thanks for the excuse!

Really like Jacques le Mechant. Parts usage is fantastic, and his back story is really interesting. 

Another one for burning...

11 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Just ordered! Also the store had one of the (hideously overpriced) goats that I have long wanted - so I treated myself.....:pir_laugh2: Thanks for the excuse!

You're welcome :pir-grin:

Just wait till they put goat in the Collectable Minifigure Series.

10 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Really like Jacques le Mechant. Parts usage is fantastic, and his back story is really interesting. 

Another one for burning...

I thought you'd be more keen on dealing with Rev. Wesley McJohn. Let's just wait and see who survives the jungle :pir-devil:

3 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Just wait till they put goat in the Collectable Minifigure Series.

I figured they are sure to finally do it now I've forked out $50 for an old one.... You can all thank me later! :pir_tong2: