Darnok

[COR WTC] The Bully Boys cometh!

Things did not go as planned for the WTC. Peaceful trade seemed to be not their forte, for over the last months a significant portion of their smaller trading ships had been sunk or captured.

Grumpy as usual, Mordo gave the Royal Shipyards Executive Office a visit:

BA0IjF3.jpg

"Listen lady, we need new ships. Rowboats ain't gonna cut it. I know there is a big one in the works, and small will do. Skip all the fancy stuff, speed is not an issue. Give me something sturdy, with proper guns - and make it easy to produce. If those dang pirates shoot one down, I want two more the next month!"

"Sir, you have come to the right place. One of our young lads has come up with an interesting concept, he calls it cat-a-murr-on or something. The prototype is done, we can do two more for now. A proper field test would be much appreciated!"

===

Not much later, the WTC had three new ships sailing. Named the "Bully Boys", they shared a common design: slow and cumbersome, heavily armed for their size, and ready to do patrols and trade around the Paradise Isles.

The WTC Bully Boy I:

7q3enuv.jpg

Due to its slow speed, and the necessity to stay close to the shore, catching fish with a simple rod was easy and a favourite pastime of some crew during slow days. Some more experienced crewcrabs tought younger sailors the use of the carronades:

RKSqLbS.jpg

The WTC Bully Boy II:

98vabxE.jpg

This one just returned from Camp Isaac on nearby Cascadia, transporting apples and bananas. Not all the bananas might make it to Mesabi landing though...

Every ship had two main guns and both a frward and a rear carronade, making the "Bully Boys" capable gunboats:

UgGrrwv.jpg

The WTC Bully Boy III:

0tCLly8.jpg

Some of the crew were eager to get their guns blazing, sinking pirate ships and whatnot.

Others were happe with some rest and a piece of cheese:

dJcAohp.jpg

=========================================================================================

Licensed as three class 1 gunboats for the WTC.

Incoming rules change in 3... 2... 1... :pir-grin:

As always, C&C are appreciated.

Edited by Drunknok

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

Bloody Bill is already looking forward to his new gunboats! :pir-grin:

He traded a few rowboats for a sunk class 4. From my point of view he can have them. :pir_tong2:

24 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Incoming rules change in 3... 2... 1... :pir-grin:

Hahaha! :iamded_lol:

Great looking catamarans! I like the design of them. Hopefully they last a bit longer than the class 0s...

What else does one do with all those prefab rowboat they can no longer licence? Lmao ... My only "gripe" is I wish you would have changed the center design more between the three ...

21 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

My only "gripe" is I wish you would have changed the center design more between the three ...

Maybe, but what other details would you have liked to see? These are all the same design, they are not meant to look widely different. Each has an individual crew, individual cargo, and partly differ in flag/lamp/carronade placement. I lack the parts to do coloured accents fitting with the prefabs colours (dark blue to be precise - red and brown are easy).

Fun take on catamaran design. 

Only catamaran are known for their light build and fast sailing. Kind off the opposite of sturdy and slow. But okay.

Please confirm that crab is the captain!

9 minutes ago, Bart said:

Only catamaran are known for their light build and fast sailing. Kind of the opposite of sturdy and slow.

Aye. But two hulls make a catamaran also very stable, which is a good starting point for a gun platform. The fast sailing usually comes from the build itself (which does not have to be light though) and the sail plan (again, does not have to be efficient).

9 minutes ago, Bart said:

Please confirm that crab is the captain!

Possibly. :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Maybe, but what other details would you have liked to see? These are all the same design, they are not meant to look widely different. Each has an individual crew, individual cargo, and partly differ in flag/lamp/carronade placement. I lack the parts to do coloured accents fitting with the prefabs colours (dark blue to be precise - red and brown are easy).

Yeah not so much vastly different designs but some different accents would ... Atleast for me made the builds just a tad better.  Not discounting your effort at all ... I actually laughed quite a bit at the rule change comment cause of the prefabs lol

Nice little series of ships Drunknok, and great adaptation of the prefabs. Great creativity, and I can't wait to see them in action.