Sign in to follow this  
merc

[OL - FB] A Chance Encounter Pt 1

Brenshaun

July 618

Mere,

It has been a long six months in Brenshaun. I should probably explain my lack of letters. It all started……

28483202877_02a66de10c_m.jpgTavern Scene by Mike Mercado, on Flickr

"Knock knock knock"

"Hmph, who could this possible be?"

"Jean-Baptiste de Moncey?"

"Yes boy, now what is it?"

"I have a letter for you sir"

"Thank you for your services" (reads letter) “WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!?!”

The boy stared at me for a few moments

“Boy, do can you direct me to here?” (points to the name on the letter)

“Yes, I can”

“Fantastic, you will be paid for your services.”

2 hours later....

“Sir we have arrived.”

“Wouldn’t it have been easier to take a carriage”

“What’s the fun in that? Horseback riding is a lot more fun!”

“If you insist.”

“Sir you are at the house of Captaine de Moncey.”

“Yes I know, that is why I am entering”

“No sir you may not enter unless you have an appointment.”

“Bah, I do not need an appointment. Do you know who I am! I am……”

“Jean? Jean is that you my darling?”

“Clarissa, how good it is to see you my dear sister in law. Can you tell these buffoons to let me in.”

“Louis my dear please let in this young man in. He is the younger brother of Rene.”

“As you wish Madam”

29482967708_78805628b5_m.jpgPlantation Scene by Mike Mercado, on Flickr

“Ah Jean welcome welcome so how did you like this new place? Marvelous no?”

“Yes brother it is a very beautiful place. I take it that it suit Clarissa.”

“But of course. The warm air, beautiful vineyard, lively city. She is at home here on this magical paradise. How do you like this place?”

It’s alright. Hard to find a job though. That stupid judge. How dare he do this.”

“Well you know how you are. Tempers rise and out come fisticuffs.”

“I swear it was not me.”

“Anyway I may have a way for you to get a commission or maybe a way to get into the academy.”

“What what is it. I’m anxious to get this over with”

“Have you heard of the orchid on Celestia.”

“No I have not nor do I like where this is headed”

“Yes my suggestion is to get the flower and gain prestige.”

“No! No way! Do you know who I am!!”

“Watch you tongue! (The smile he had shifted to a frown) You have neither titles nor rank!”

“.....”

“My dear brother, you have a different station now, your arrogant attitude will get you into trouble. (A look of compassion replaced the frown)”

“....”

“Try searching for the flower, it may bring you some good luck whether you succeed or not.”

“I’m sorry brother and thank you.”

“Well, I am off. Another mission of protecting convoys, this ought to be fun.”

As Rene put on his hat getting ready to leave he turns around.”

“Jean, do me a favor, yet not to get into any more trouble. I may not be able to bribe another judge again.”

After Rene left, I went to find the messenger boy.

“Boy what is your name?”

“Lyle sir”

“Well then Lyle, how you would like to go on an adventure?”

“Sir?”

“Well, off we go, we are going to need a crew and a ship”

“Where to Sir?”

“Celestia”

[OOC]

SO this scene may look a bit out of place. I currently have an 11th month old baby and she hasn't let me be able to build for a couple of months. The story was done around the time of the Celestia challenge but the creations were done recently. Stay tuned for part 2.

Edited by merc

Lovely builds, I like the house on the second picture, it fits well with the architecture style of Breschaun, blue wall I mean.:pir-classic:

Better late than never, right? 

I enjoyed reading your story and seeing some of the prelude for your Celestia entries. Your builds are also nice, and you have some great furniture techniques. Let me know if you need any help getting these licensed. 

Yikes.  Working with Lego around a baby is a challenge.   Glad you stuck things out with this build; it was a fun read.

On 7/12/2018 at 4:42 AM, merc said:

SO this scene may look a bit out of place. I currently have an 11th month old baby and she hasn't let me be able to build for a couple of months.

Proud father of a 4th months old little pirate here and I totally feel you!!! :iamded_lol: Nice story and builds. I especially like the wall and the wooden decor on the first build and the furniture at the second!

On 7/12/2018 at 9:51 AM, Bodi said:

Lovely builds, I like the house on the second picture, it fits well with the architecture style of Breschaun, blue wall I mean.:pir-classic:

Haha thanks. I had a lot of blue and naturally went with the best color :grin:

On 7/13/2018 at 10:29 AM, Captain Genaro said:

Better late than never, right? 

I enjoyed reading your story and seeing some of the prelude for your Celestia entries. Your builds are also nice, and you have some great furniture techniques. Let me know if you need any help getting these licensed. 

Thank you. I may need some help with the licensing/free build sheet entry. Not sure what qualifies for what. :sceptic:

On 7/13/2018 at 10:58 AM, Kwatchi said:

Yikes.  Working with Lego around a baby is a challenge.   Glad you stuck things out with this build; it was a fun read.

Thanks I am trying my hand at a certain type of character reiterated in a series of letters. An yea she is a handful, mostly happy baby. Since she has gone into the independent exploring phase, I have a bit more opportunity to build small things. :excited:

On 7/13/2018 at 4:03 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Proud father of a 4th months old little pirate here and I totally feel you!!! :iamded_lol: Nice story and builds. I especially like the wall and the wooden decor on the first build and the furniture at the second!

Thank you glad to know I'm not alone :laugh: The furniture is taken from a few tutorials here and their modified to meet the build.