I decided to build a lego car which will have features of crawler and race car at the same time.

This car will feature:

1. independent suspension.

2.power of four buggy motors

3. gearbox designed by sariel  http://sariel.pl/2015/04/4-speed-compact-sequential-transmission-v11/#more-3347

4.two servo motors for steering (maybe all wheel steering)

5. Designed by efferman 3d printed hubs in 8880 supercar style https://www.shapeways.com/product/PS74T8S2G/wheelholders-in-8880-supercar-style?optionId=57210105&li=user-profile

6. Designed by efferman 3d printed Female universaljoint adaptors for piece 2907 https://www.shapeways.com/product/594DUQXXV/female-universaljoint-adaptor-for-piece-2907?optionId=57073918&li=user-profile

7. 3rd party rc4wd tires https://store.rc4wd.com/Rock-Crusher-XT-19-Tires_p_691.html

8. AWD drivetrain with torsen differentials

9. And finally 3s LI-po battery and sBrick to power and control this beast!

Maybe you can give me some advice about which car for bodywork should I choose?

I've already done something in stud.io so you can check it out! https://www.dropbox.com/s/a356a70tgm3dwjj/epic project normal from lxf.io?dl=0

Edited by LithuanianLegoFan

Sounds interesting. Would you mind posting some pictures please? We had this discussion quite some time ago, regarding WIP topics without any progress being made (that is pictures) is kind of pointless, a bit.

Looking forward to see how your model turns out!

56 minutes ago, zux said:

Sounds interesting. Would you mind posting some pictures please? We had this discussion quite some time ago, regarding WIP topics without any progress being made (that is pictures) is kind of pointless, a bit.

Looking forward to see how your model turns out!

you can just download stud.io file

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

How to You plan to transfer power of 4 buggy motors trough that gearbox?

The gearbox is sturdy enough so you shoould better ask everyone how they plan to transfer any power trough gears

13 hours ago, LithuanianLegoFan said:

you can just download stud.io file

I do not have stud.io program. Pictures would work fine.

35 minutes ago, LithuanianLegoFan said:

The gearbox is sturdy enough so you shoould better ask everyone how they plan to transfer any power trough gears

Mhmm... Have you ever built something wth RC motors?

Quite the ambitious project for sure, I await enthusiasticly for it's completion. Lots of 3rd party pieces and lots of power, should be interesting. Have you built stuff like this before, if not I suggest you start smaller to avoid disappointing results. Much luck with your build can't wait to see some progress pictures. 

Running four RC motors thru that gearbox is going to be tricky for sure. 

Edited by Johnny1360

32 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Quite the ambitious project for sure, I await enthusiasticly for it's completion. Lots of 3rd party pieces and lots of power, should be interesting. Have you built stuff like this before, if not I suggest you start smaller to avoid disappointing results. Much luck with your build can't wait to see some progress pictures. 

Running four RC motors thru that gearbox is going to be tricky for sure. 

I've had too much dissapointing results because of not using 3rd party pieces like wheels spinning inside the tires and turning u joints into dust

I do like those tires a lot, would really like to get a set of both tread patterns. From what I understand they get very good traction so they probably would reek havoc on drive line components especially when coupled with four RC motors. 

40 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I do like those tires a lot, would really like to get a set of both tread patterns. From what I understand they get very good traction so they probably would reek havoc on drive line components especially when coupled with four RC motors. 

So that's why I need 3d printed joints if gearbox won't handle such big ammount of torque I will leave gearing like 5:1 or 3:1

P.S. driveline is one word

I think you will need at least 2 sbricks. Also make sure that there is a voltage limiter on the 3s lipo. It WILL fry your sbricks when fully charged (12.6v is too much)

Just now, Marxpek said:

I think you will need at least 2 sbricks. Also make sure that there is a voltage limiter on the 3s lipo. It WILL fry your sbricks when fully charged (12.6v is too much)

3s is 11.1 V .    Now I don't know but maybe I will swap battery of buwizz

11.1 is its average working voltage. 12.6 is fully charged. 4.2v per cell. Better read up on lipos. They are volatile and needs special care ( and chargers)

Edited by Marxpek

10 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

This looks like a cheaty way to bump a topic. Reported.

That's so funny I see so many people who don't have a sence of humor and needs everywhere a sign "sarcasm"

Do you really think that I am so dumb?

If yes than you shouldn't be so rude

3 minutes ago, LithuanianLegoFan said:

That's so funny I see so many people who don't have a sence of humor and needs everywhere a sign "sarcasm"

Do you really think that I am so dumb?

You acted like it. The internet is full of emotionless sarcasim. Make it clear then.

Edit: it is also in the rules no multi accounts. Let the mods sort it out.

Edited by Aventador2004

3 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

You acted like it. The internet is full of emotionless sarcasim. Make it clear then.

Edit: it is also in the rules no multi accounts. Let the mods sort it out.

I have no multi accounts.

How old are you?