Legostone

Preparations & a messenger

In the port of Fuerte Unido silence has been covering the port, observing lots of precious cargo being loaded into a small vessel ready to head out. Why and where they are planning on heading to has yet to be specified...

42426318415_19d98293fb_b.jpg

Right after loading this precious cargo, orders to rebuild the Triunfo were quickly passed over to Farrucio Paraja.

42426313185_7b064a0d7a_b.jpg

El Mensajero:

28588456708_312216cbf4_b.jpg

27590720287_d4d51cdb31_b.jpg

27590720277_1ee77ef950_b.jpg

Very nice one, loving all the ornamentation on the rear! :thumbup:

Smooth sailing on the wooden seas! :pir-grin:

Very nice ship, great use of small prefab hulls, the golden ornement looks really good, I always wanted to build a yacht like this, I think I'll probably steal your design.:pirate:

32 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

steerings like old phoenician ships on the side

I think these planks are leeboards, to lessen sideways drifting.

Loving your new Ship @Legostone, this one really knocks it out of the park with the detailing. The oars on the side (or rudders, whatever they're called.) are a great addition, and make the boat very unique on the brick Seas. I honestly think this one is your best one yet. Put it on an AMCRA so it can't be sunk! :excited:

A great looking ship Legostone! I like all the detail work you've done on it.

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Put it on an AMCRA so it can't be sunk! :excited:

Yes, it would be a pity for it to sink on a trade run!

7 hours ago, Bodi said:

Very nice ship, great use of small prefab hulls, the golden ornement looks really good, I always wanted to build a yacht like this, I think I'll probably steal your design.:pirate:

That's what I tried to say... I didn't know the true word and the word in french is the same for steerings and leeboards ("derive" ou "gouverne")

Pour être clair la distinction entre dérive et gouverne n'est pas précisément marquée en français, alors qu'il y a 5 ou 6 mots en anglais (steering, leeboard, leeway, rudder, etc)

Edited by Professor Thaum

10 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow, a really nice one... this one has steerings like old phoenician ships on the side ? is that allright ?

Thanks! Bodi explained it further down :pir-laugh:

10 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Very nice one, loving all the ornamentation on the rear! :thumbup:

Smooth sailing on the wooden seas! :pir-grin:

Wooden seas would be rough, wouldn't it? :pir-laugh: It had to be ornamented, its a staatenjacht after all:

Statenjacht_De_Utrecht.jpg

9 hours ago, Bodi said:

Go for it! More small vessels for the Brick Seas! (still wondering why everyone - including me - is constantly building giant vessels, the smaller ones are so much better value)

9 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Loving your new Ship @Legostone, this one really knocks it out of the park with the detailing. The oars on the side (or rudders, whatever they're called.) are a great addition, and make the boat very unique on the brick Seas. I honestly think this one is your best one yet. Put it on an AMCRA so it can't be sunk! :excited:

Thanks! As @Professor Thaum and @Bodi have noted these are indeed leeboards :pir-laugh: I'm not sure yet, but I might be sending it off for an AMRCA this month... more political drama :wink:

5 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

A great looking ship Legostone! I like all the detail work you've done on it.

Yes, it would be a pity for it to sink on a trade run!

Like half the other ships I've built? Yeah would be a bit of a shame...

12 hours ago, Bodi said:

Exactly: that is quite typical for (mainly) ships in shallow waters like the coasts of Holland / Western-Germany / Denmark. You raise the one on the windward side and lower the one on the lee side (that is why they are called leeboards in English I guess, the Dutch refer to them as 'swords' or 'side swords'. I used to have a little sailing boat that also had them (German made). The main convenience is that if you want to hit the beach you can without any problems since you don't have a fixed keel, same goes for shallow banks that one needs to overcome without crashing your ship.

Great build!
As a Dutchy that spends  a majority of his time on the water I recognized the Statenjacht instantly :P

13 hours ago, Legostone said:

Go for it! More small vessels for the Brick Seas! (still wondering why everyone - including me - is constantly building giant vessels, the smaller ones are so much better value)

I totally agree with this, smaller boats are much more fun to build.