• SlyOwl
    • Stealth Hunter
    • SupremeCommmanderGrievous
    • Tanotrooper
    • TinyPiesRUs
    • whitefang_sg
    • xwingyoda
    • zero1312

Voting for your own is in my opinion bad form |-/!

And you wrote that that the only other set you voted for is Sir Nadroj´s, so I´m guessing you gave yourself two out of three votes >:-( ?!

Why have a contest if everybody should vote for themself?

Vote for others than themself ON

copmike

indeed. Sure, it's easy to win, but you should have some honour too.

TT

Voting for your own is in my opinion bad form |-/!

And you wrote that that the only other set you voted for is Sir Nadroj´s, so I´m guessing you gave yourself two out of three votes >:-( ?!

Why have a contest if everybody should vote for themself?

Vote for others than themself ON

copmike

indeed. Sure, it's easy to win, but you should have some honour too.

TT

I agree. But at least he admitted it, I bet a few vote for themselves and DO NOT admit it.

But it does not say in the rules that you cannot vote for yourself, but honor should prevent you from doing so.

Eurobricks biggest competion (well the largest i remember) and some of the greatest models *wub* . This was a really hard one to choose from so here are my choices and reasons.

KhoRne: A great set. A very funny, very imaginative lttle set with a great use of parts.

ImperialShadow: A wonderfull little set with a jawa *wub* ! I would buy so many of these :-D .

SupremeCommmanderGrievous: I love this set *wub* . It really could be a real set!!

Gah, how I missed this contest until now is a mystery.... *wacko*

Anyway, my choices were KhoRne, Klaus-Dieter, and skelliesgang, in that order. Here's my explanation for my choices:

Town/Space: A lot of great entries here - I especially liked the postmen ones, but when I saw KhoRne's hobo, I just had to vote for him. That has to be one of the coolest little creations I've seen in a while. Hilarious.... :-D

History-Adventure: Some great entries here too. But Klaus-Dieters wins out because it has such a great theme and is executed so well. As yoda would say, vegetable stand on! *y*

Licensed Themes: I wasn't really sure on this one, but skelliesgang's moc won out, because I could really see TLC making a villians Impulse series with sets like this kit. *sweet*

Great job everyone, and may the winners of this huge contest enjoy their prizes! ;-)

And thanks to Batbrick, Alfred won't cost me a fortune and his Wayne Manor accessories are just perfect!

Thanks mate! And everyone else who voted for me too, you have my love! :'-)

I'm still not sure, too many entries! But in licensed I'm leaning towards Mutley777 for that awesome little Rebel Transport! *wub*

To the Batbrick Cave! >:-)

WOW!

And wow again!

I´ve been lurking at this contest for a longer time but hadn´t the time to attend as I´m working on somethin bigger right now.

I wanted to say that a longer time ago, but I think this is the best place to do it:

Everybody made an excellent job! Many, many thanks to all of you!

This is really tough to choose just one Impulse set. I´m so glad we have three sub-sections to choose from.

Here are my thoughts:

City and space

There are two sets that outstand the crowd as they used unusual "themes": Khorne and SirNadroj. I really like the thought of creating something that TLC never would produce, but would be an enrichment to minifig's everyday life. A bummer and a bubble bath. This is so great! And so hard to choose a winner.

OK, my points go to the SirNadroj (just beacause he used a female minifig, of course ;-) ) and Khorne being very close on the 2nd place. Xenologer and his small tractor being third. Great job!

A special reference from me for two other members: Copmike´s Hinckley-creation and the counterpart Hinckley´s Copmike-creation for being very colorful ( :-X ) and the excellent expression of the EB spirit! (No official price though :-P )

History, Adventure and Pirates

This section was easier for me tho choose from, because when I looked at all the nice creations, there was one I immediately fell in love with: Thank you Klaus-Dieter for your superb medieval market stand. *wub*

2nd place for zero1312. His adventurers desk seems to have a great playability with all the small minifig accesories.

3rd place: imperialshadows and his classical rowboat.

Sorry, no price for brickchic. I like your creation, but it mainly gets its attraction from the (illegal) baseplate used. :'-( Would have been 2nd place instead of zero1312.

Licensed

This decision a bit closer again. The small bot (I´m not that into SW, so forgive me not knowing the exact name) used in Stealth Hunter's set made me choose this as 1st place.

Rricecracker, I don´t know what license you are refering to, but your set is extraordinary! I like your treadmill. *sweet* 2nd place for you.

I think I´ve seen Batbrick's grandfather clock before... 8-| Anyway - 3rd place! ;-)

Thank you all for making this contest a funny and interesting competition.

Every single member showed is power of imagination and love for details! *wub*

*y* *y* *y*

Rricecracker, I don´t know what license you are refering to, but your set is extraordinary! I like your treadmill. *sweet* 2nd place for you.

thanks so much Holodoc, i'm honoured that you have me on your short list!

well, to answer your question, Sinner said it could be custom, so i did the movie, I Am Legend!

thanls again Holodoc, and the people who voted for me!

It is a shame I could not enter, although I must say their have been some great entries and I am struggling to decide who deserves my vote!

Excellent MOCs, and a great contest. :'-) It was really pretty hard to vote.... 8-|

City and Space: Ricecracker, a very neat work.

History, Adventure and Pirates: Xwingyoda.... King Kong on! :-D

Licensed: Batbrick.... to the full-service side of life on! X-D

I think I´ve seen Batbrick's grandfather clock before... 8-| Anyway - 3rd place! ;-)

Oh, thats a bit embarrasing, I've never actually seen that grandfather clock before this competition, I remember reading the review and hitting my forehead with how good I could of made it :-$ .

Thanks Holodoc, I assure you my clock is a poor but entirely different design :-D

Licensed: Batbrick.... to the full-service side of life on! X-D

Thanks Asuka! I can't say I disagree with you either (about how hard it is to vote, not your vote choices), I can't think of anything to do, I'm torn. I've narrowed down the Town and History ones for my vote, but licensed, there are so many great ones there!

Great Entries Everyone! Thanks for making it such a fun contest!

Pirates, etc.

This was the hardest one for me to choose from. In the end I chose Piranha's because it had a female fig and reminded me of the classic castle sets like Armor Shop and I would actually buy it.

Thanks Hinckley! *sweet*

And thanks to everyone else who voted for me! :'-)

City/space

There are so many to choose from! I found myself torn between Sirnadroj and xwingyoda

They both did superb entries! However would I pick a prisoner with toliet over a hottie? Heck No! :-P

My vote goes to Sirnadroj! Close second place to Yoda!

Alex54's entry does remind me of something produced by TLC

6420-1.jpg

Yep I remember buying that set

History/adventure/pirates

Damnit! You guys did it again! Way too many great choices to choose from! |-/ X-D

Batbrick, Hinckley, Sirnadroj and Yoda caught my eye though! I love the idea of a giant troll impulse!

I would buy hundreds of them! Hinckley and the undead pirate with cursed Aztec idol is awesome! Sirnadroj again with a hottie! :-D Yoda's one is hilarious! Great job on those politically incorrect entries! My vote goes to Batbrick with the troll impulse!

Licensed

Again with the awesome entries?

Batbrick and Imperialshadows particularly are really great!

I voted for Imperialshadowsand his jawa impulse!Since we need lots of jawa's but only one alfred ;-)

Also great job to Hinckley and copmike for showing EB spirit in their entires! *y*

Special thanks to copmike who generoulsy donated prizes!! *sweet*

Extra special thanks to Sinner for hosting such an awesome and fun contest, and for the best prize, his love! :-P

Oh and thanks to Imperialshadows for helping!

Edited by Piranha

I've finally voted. after looking at all of the creations I've made my decision. Just to point out, my votes were based off what I'd expect TLC to make.

City and Space: This was a tough one between DJ Force and Alex54. DJs is something I'd like to see TLC make, it's such a nice little impulse set. Alex54s is what really grabbed my attention. This definately is something Lego would make, so Alex54 got my vote. *y*

History, Adventure and Pirates: There was a tie with this one, it was between ImperialShadows and Quarryman. Though I have never owned a Pirate set, this I could buy plenty of, it's such a great entry. Quarryman got my vote though, his is truly wonderful *wub*

Licensed: If I could vote twice for this, it would be SirnadroJ and XWingYoda. SirJs is a perfect Indy impulse set, there's also alot of detail in this. *yoda*s took the vote though. I was going to make the exact same thing, well, not the exact same :-$ The catapult looks great on this *y*

There was alot of others I would have voted for, I just judged the creation by TLC preference X-D

Thank you CopMike for donating the prizes! Another great big thank you to Sinner and ImperialscoutsShadows for making this contest and organizing it.

You guys rock! *y*

*sweet*

History/adventure/pirates

Damnit! You guys did it again! Way too many great choices to choose from! |-/ X-D

Batbrick, Hinckley, Sirnadroj and Yoda caught my eye though! I love the idea of a giant troll impulse!

I would buy hundreds of them! Hinckley and the undead pirate with cursed Aztec idol is awesome! Sirnadroj again with a hottie! :-D Yoda's one is hilarious! Great job on those politically incorrect entries! My vote goes to Batbrick with the troll impulse!

Licensed

Again with the awesome entries?

Batbrick and Imperialshadows particularly are really great!

I voted for Imperialshadowsand his jawa impulse!Since we need lots of jawa's but only one alfred ;-)

Thanks a heap Piranha mate :'-) Your entries are fantastic as well, one of which is now making me think twice about who to vote for! *y*

Glad you liked the Giant Troll impulse too, and I agree, we definitely need more Jawas!

I'll also agree with the general consensus, thanks to Sinner and imperialshadows for this wonderful competition, I don't think anyone expected it to be this big, thank you so much for keeping it organised and setting it up. And thanks to great copmike for setting up the prizes, especially that hilarious "Crazy Lego King" :-D

City and Space: Ricecracker, a very neat work.

Thank you so much Asuka! i can't even begin to express my gratitude! i know i wont win but this is my first contest and every vote helps raise my self esteem. i would really like the other people who voted for me to speak up so i can personally thank them.

Hey, I´m using a female minifig, too! :-D

Thanks, whoever voted for my entry :-$

Thanks to everyone who voted for any of my entries and a special thanks for the kind comments regarding my help. Trust me, it wasn't that much, the vast majority of the credit for this fine contest goes to Sinner and then to copmike for the great and incredibly appropriate prizes! *sweet*

I voted for Imperialshadows and his jawa impulse!Since we need lots of jawa's ...

Thanks! That was my angle on it, a cheap way to stock up on an expensive figure. *y*

Sincerely, I'd love to see most of the entries made officially, and I'd buy an awful lot of them. It's really cool to see how many different ways we could interpret the Impulse idea and apply it to all of these themes, new and old.

Impulse On! *y*

Me too, and one with big boobs as well :-P

*yoda*

You have a point there. Two, actually. X-D

Shenanigans ShenanigansShenanigans

In case you don't notice , I call Shenanigans.

In scrolling through the polling options I couldn't help but notice that the polls were well organised in an alphabetical manner. However, I failed to notice between Klaus-Dieter and LegoLyons somethng that usually stands out to me. My own name. Further investigation revealed that my entry was suitable enough to warrant a photo, yet I missed out on the privelege of a voting button.

As I sit here and ponder this oddity it makes me think.

Perhaps I have broken the sacred rule of the Baseplate , being that my entry uses a "plate" to form the "base". I also cant help but notice that this rule, which has been highlighted and focused upon several times isn't exactly followed to the letter by the example MOC.

wgs.jpg

Whats that I see underneath the walrus? Not 1 baseplate but 3. While it could be argued that the baseplate is simply for photographic purposes, this arguement could also be used by all the so called "illegal" entries.

Rule no 1 states

Try to build something similar to the real impulse sets; that is don't include parts like a baseplate as it would make the set too expensive and the box too big. There must one and only one figure in the set. Any Lego man is allowed.... including Technic.

"Try" to me is a word of suggestion, rather than a word of law. We don't see the ten commandments saying "Try not to commit adultery".

While on the subject of rules.

EDIT: Please note that I have tweaked the rules...

WTF is up with that??????

Rules can't be tweaked at the end. Rules are set at the beggining and left as is in the exact format as they appeared. The IOC don't bring out a new book at the medal ceremony and tell the winner he doesn't get the gold because they "tweaked the rules" and he wasn't supposed to wear red sneakers but they forgot to tell him.

On a positive note, I voted for the tractor, the Head of Pon and the Oriental Gatekeeper. Overall there were some great entries and it was a great idea for a contest, but if you're going to be pedantic, at least do it properly.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has voted for me this far, really, thank you all very much :'-) !

Now for my votes *drumroll* :

In the category City/Space, the vote goes to...xwingyoda! I voted for his entry because that's the one that made me make my entry. I love the fact that it looks so realistic, but something Lego would never do. 2nd place is for SirNadroj and his steaming hottub *wub* . 3rd place is for iamded with his old man in the park entry. We could be park buddies :-P !

Next category: history and andventure. Here I went with Klaus-Dieter because I would love an Impulse set like this: FEMALE peasant. 'Nuff said :-P .

And finally, the last category: theater. I picked yoda again |-/ :-P . It would be so typical for Lego to release something like this. Another unnecesary Jar Jar with a stupid catapult. I would never buy it but I just thought this was a funny entr. So unnecesary... X-D

Anyway, thanks to Sinner for organizing this contest and good luck to all!

Rules can't be tweaked at the end.

It was my contest and I can change the rules as much as I want. I didn't change them at the end anyway; the edit date is just for the list of entries which I kept updating thoughout the contest. You might notice that I accidently missed your entry in that list. Mentioning it earlier would have been helpful, mentioning it now is almost useless. I am sorry that I made a mistake, but it's done, and aside from re-starting the poll there is little I can do about it. But what I have done is added you to the poll and gave you five bonus votes. For the record, the baseplate rule was there from the start, and has nothing to do with your exclusion. The rules that I changed was; I clarified what is minifig, added the monkey line, and I added the category list as I had no idea what entries would be popular until they were entered.

"Try" to me is a word of suggestion, rather than a word of law. We don't see the ten commandments saying "Try not to commit adultery".

You're twisting my words. "Try" referred to making it like Lego does, and "don't" referred to the baseplate.

Please don't accuse me of being dishonest. This contest took a lot of my (and others) free time to organise and I don't think I deserve it.

Shenanigans ShenanigansShenanigans

In case you don't notice , I call Shenanigans.

Uh huh. Well, at least take some small comfort in the fact that no one asked why you didn't have a button previously, so you didn't miss out on any votes.