This was one of my small contributions to the Guilds of Historica display at Brickworld 2018. Kevin had extra space on his island, so I built this and one other house to fit in an Avalonian setting. We had some lights left over after making our realm for the Tree of Worlds, which allowed me to throw some inside this house to light the stained glass windows.

Despite the plentiful timber in Avalonia, stone is a common material choice for the more expensive homes.

1-overview.jpg

1-back.jpg
If the building looks familiar, it utilizes many of the same designs as our previous Nordheim Armory.
See more pictures on Brickbuilt.

C&C welcome 

Love this one!  The light grey trimming looks great, as do the roofs, and the stained glass windows just fit in perfectly as well! :wub:

Great little house, I really like this distinctive style and the lights inside definitely add some interest! :thumbup: 

Very clean and tidy, as always. I like that it seems you could make a few alterations and stack a bunch of these around a baseplate to create a town or neighborhood. Is this one of your rare builds with no interior?

Lovely moc! I reaaly like the stained glass that pops out when it contrats to the DBG walls! Excellent work! 

A very nice one! Especially the colourscheme is top-notch, with the dark and light bley contrast on top of that gorgeous flesh-toned roof and shining windows... :wub: 

On the other thand, wouldn't it look better with a landscaping, or other surroundings?

On 7/10/2018 at 10:42 AM, Garmadon said:

Love this one!  The light grey trimming looks great, as do the roofs, and the stained glass windows just fit in perfectly as well! :wub:

Thanks Garmadon! Not much new in this house, just combining some designs I came up with before :classic:

On 7/10/2018 at 12:33 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great little house, I really like this distinctive style and the lights inside definitely add some interest! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai!

On 7/10/2018 at 3:25 PM, mccoyed said:

Very clean and tidy, as always. I like that it seems you could make a few alterations and stack a bunch of these around a baseplate to create a town or neighborhood. Is this one of your rare builds with no interior?

Thank you mccoyed, and yes this building had no interior as I was short on time before Brickworld. I'm looking forward to doing a building with an interior again soon :laugh:

On 7/11/2018 at 3:02 PM, de Gothia said:

Lovely moc! I reaaly like the stained glass that pops out when it contrats to the DBG walls! Excellent work! 

Thanks dG!

On 7/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, ZCerberus said:

Cute.  Nice stained glass!  Two shades of green would be sweet in there.

Thanks Z, and indeed they would... I'll keep that in mind :grin:

6 hours ago, TitusV said:

A very nice one! Especially the colourscheme is top-notch, with the dark and light bley contrast on top of that gorgeous flesh-toned roof and shining windows... :wub: 

On the other thand, wouldn't it look better with a landscaping, or other surroundings?

Thanks Titus! This went on a large landscape that Rogue had built. Saved me from needing to build my own, and he had plenty of space on his :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

3 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Thanks Titus! This went on a large landscape that Rogue had built. Saved me from needing to build my own, and he had plenty of space on his :classic:

Cool! You don't happen to have any pictures of the two combined?

Just now, TitusV said:

Cool! You don't happen to have any pictures of the two combined?

As a matter of fact I do. But I was planning on waiting to show those until I can get my other little cottage posted, and John reveals his Kaliphlin island. 
Though if you were following our website closely, you could have already seen them :wink:

8 minutes ago, soccerkid6 said:

As a matter of fact I do. But I was planning on waiting to show those until I can get my other little cottage posted, and John reveals his Kaliphlin island. 
Though if you were following our website closely, you could have already seen them :wink:

I am :tongue: Had already seen the topic, and though I've found many (really nice) houses in the GoH-lay-out, I mus thave missed this one!

Lovely clean lines there. The contrast works well between the bleys. Has a Scottish feel to it, especially with how stout it is. 

It looks very nice, but it is almost too textured for my taste. It is a bit busy, actually, with the stepped edge of the gable, the round bricks in the corners, and all of the different light bley elements surrounding the windows/wall indents. I love the roof, though, and the chimney cap is a nice touch! 

Awesome, as usual!  I love the roof, and all the detail you work in around the windows and doors.  I also appreciate that you rarely use the same ideas twice--always expanding.  I always enjoy seeing your new builds.  If I had any critique, I would suggest that the door on the right looks more like a blocked off doorway than a door, although since I don't see a handle, maybe that's what it's supposed to be?  Thanks for sharing again!

On 7/18/2018 at 8:21 PM, cablefoxley said:

Lovely clean lines there. The contrast works well between the bleys. Has a Scottish feel to it, especially with how stout it is. 

Thanks!

On 7/22/2018 at 2:14 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

It looks very nice, but it is almost too textured for my taste. It is a bit busy, actually, with the stepped edge of the gable, the round bricks in the corners, and all of the different light bley elements surrounding the windows/wall indents. I love the roof, though, and the chimney cap is a nice touch! 

Thanks HQ. I see what you mean, there is a lot going on, though I hoped the very orderly patterns would keep things from being overwhelming.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:38 AM, Grover said:

Awesome, as usual!  I love the roof, and all the detail you work in around the windows and doors.  I also appreciate that you rarely use the same ideas twice--always expanding.  I always enjoy seeing your new builds.  If I had any critique, I would suggest that the door on the right looks more like a blocked off doorway than a door, although since I don't see a handle, maybe that's what it's supposed to be?  Thanks for sharing again!

Thank you very much, Grover :classic: John and I sometimes joke with each other about our tendency to develop good designs, only to use them once or twice :laugh:
That door does have a handle, though it disappears in this angle because of the doorway depth :look: