7 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I think the best way to reduce the "blackness" is not to add color, but to remove black and put color in its place.

You've got a good point there, I was kind of hesitant to rebuild it this close to the end of the contest, but now I think of it, it probably is the best thing to do...

7 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

the fencing on the base is really ugly, to be honest. It looks thrown together with little thought

Well, if I'm to be honest, that's is actually what I did, as I did just quickly add it on before I took the photos... :sceptic: 

I really should put more work into it, as it is also supposed to be a safety feature too...

Update time!

I've been doing quite a bit work today, and it's gone quite well, but first I must say thanks to @Erik Leppen for his comment, as it was just the motivation I needed to get this build back on track :thumbup:

I also realized I was getting too far away from the original design of the Zipper, so before I did some building, I decided to do some research. I found some helpful things, but I also found this:

Anyway, back to the update...

I decided to base the color scheme on this image of a model of the Zipper I found:

14300069297_5f125a274c.jpg

Here's what I changed:

• The railing is now yellow, and is built with basic bricks, with a opening gate in the middle.
  • The main arm is now blue, and has had a few small changes to accommodate the limited blue parts I have.
  • The support structure is now red, and has had the side panels removed (because I don't have them in red).

800x600.jpg

At the moment I kind of think it's missing something, but other than the name (which I can't add because it would get in the way of the arm), I can't really think what to add...

What do you guys think?

It's finished! :sweet:

I will be updating the main post (and probably the entry post) with more information soon, but for now, here's the video:

17 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

This is a pretty cool ride! Using Mindstorms really added to the build, I love the "cycles" you programmed in. Awesome job and good luck!

Thanks, in theory there is no limit to what movements can be programmed, so I will probably try a few others before I disassemble it. 

7 hours ago, pagicence said:

That's a really cool way to spin people. It lives up to the name. Congrats.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Sorry for the double post, but what editing software do you use @mocbuild101?

I use VideoPad, it's not the best, but I find it easy to use. It is a paid program, but it is possible to keep the full-feature trial forever... I really should change, but I haven't yet found anything suitable...

I have updated the main post, and included some more information.

I've also made a GIF out of the small animation I put in the video: (just because I can :wink:)

Animation.gif