ODA 401

[GBW-CP7] Plighia - A Kink in The Hose

Our forces started the attack on the east side of a Xenor Military base, callsign: Oscar. Intel had confirmed that there were no WMDs on the base so we took no precautionary measures and shelled the heck out of that base before any soldier got anywhere near the base. Once the shelling stopped, we were sent in to mop up the remaining Xenorian soldiers. Our squad was placed in reserve and we didn't go in until we were ordered to aid a mounted-infantry unit that had come under heavy fire. We arrived onsite and saw that the enemy had hit the M113 with an RPG which had knocked out the cat-tracks, making it roll into and overturn in a large crater caused by one of our artillery barrages. Sgt. Anders immediately took hold of the situation, ordering us into our positions so we could cover the wounded while our medic began to treat them.

42597276494_dcb692ae7d_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

41505210530_f3e8808d4a_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

42411105765_66e7c862af_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

The support gunner of that Cav unit had climbed up on the side of the destroyed APC to get a good firing position when suddenly his face exploded and confusion ensued.

"Sniper!"

"Where the Hell did it come from?!?"

"He's on that two-story!"

"Take him out with the Fifty. . . I'll cover you!"

28445955327_e0c732743d_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

With several short bursts, the enemy sniper was silenced forever, but the fighting hadn't stopped.

42411047945_4677d1183b_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

We managed to hold them off until help arrived, though some of the enemy came pretty close.

43315426191_6d28633cec_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

29444994338_ce4c94a41d_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

The fighting dragged on until our forces were able to get a foothold of the base and sweep the remaining parts until we joined forces with the Tyerian soldiers.

43315525341_bd9559f85f_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

A better view of the Crater:

43265710592_46782acdd5_c.jpgGBW-CP7 by ODA 401, on Flickr

-M113 modeled after BrickManias design-

Edited by ODA 401

Let´s loose the dogs of war! Action, chaos and blood. Good action pictures and details!

I thought that the Greek Army is the only one who still use M113's :head_back: Veeeeeeeeery nice build. Alot of action and many little details in the soldiers.

Thanks. Since Plighian uses surplus weapons and equipment, I thought the M113 would be fitting as an APC.

1 hour ago, ODA 401 said:

Thanks. Since Plighian uses surplus weapons and equipment, I thought the M113 would be fitting as an APC.

Nice! Except the good builds, i also like the stories and the background about them

You’ve been awarded (  7 ) points.

Judges’ comments…

So your APC looks great, even on its side. Your detail work around the build is okay. It feels like it was just sortof thrown together a little bit but it still kinda works showing the wreckage of battlefield. A little more of a sense of structure (like where the road goes) might have been nice to see. Good work.  

I like your incredible mess of a confrontation!  I see the remains of a bunker/base along with some serious destruction.  The crater is great along with the flipped M113.  Is the M113 your design or did you borrow/use someone else's?  Be sure to give credit to others if you use their design, either at the end of the buid topic as a foot note or use a spoiler tag to hide the info so people can look at their own discretion.  If this was the outer edge of a military base, I'm sure that the terrain would look slightly different, maybe as if it was a finished spot, maybe paved, and then the area is destroyed?  The lit barrel on the .50 is a subtle, but solid detail to add, shows action!  I enjoyed how your troops were traversing through the terrain, trying to use cover.  I also enjoyed seeing the troops in different situations; standout shot is the one soldier with the shotgun reaching through the wall debris.  The bloody face may have been a bit much, and I thik actually cartooned up your build by using that...but I won't remove any points for that.  This was a good build, just beware of your lighting as a few of the pics wereshadowed, and a few were slightly blurred.  You don't want to hide your build behind a poor pic.  Great job!

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!

Thanks!. I did mention in my previous campaign build that the M113 was modeled after the Brickmania design. I just forgot to add that into my description.