I took one look at this and then glanced at my own entry to TC14 and I had to fight the gut reaction to just take it apart, put the parts back in the bins, take one long, last drag on the day’s last cigarette, tossing back the last bit of beer in my Pilsner glass, turn out the lights, and go to bed.  I have the means and I might even have the parts to compete with that laundry list of PF elements, but sadly, I don’t have any third party controllers (5 Sbricks!?!?) and there is no amount of gussying up that can be done to put it into this realm of competition.  My hat is off to you, sir, and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your nether regions... or any other suitable torture :grin:  And to think, I thought 4 motors was going to be a bit excessive... 

Edited by Bublehead

On 8/28/2018 at 10:49 PM, WvG_853 said:

Amazing! Man ... I’m a big fan of your creations! I’m also impressed by the performance of the thing. At the same time your signature colours and attention to detail (I particularly like the animated 3D sign) are the icing on the cake ...

I love how that has become my signature:laugh:. I was talking with someone on a LEGO event and I showed him a picture of a not yet published WIP on my phone, and he took one look at it, looked me in the eyes and said "you're shadow elenter aren't you?!" (In dutch though):tongue:.

On 8/29/2018 at 10:52 AM, wissamms said:

Amazing creation, bravo!

Question: how do you do to stop the rotation exactely at the starting point? Are you using any specific mechanism for this of is it just question of stopping the roation at the good time?

It's manually controlled, I just slide back the sliders one at a time and time it well, the rings have some mass making it quite predictable. I can't stop them this perfectly all at once though, that's why the stopping procedure is a bit slow.

On 8/29/2018 at 6:55 PM, Ankoku said:

Great work!

The main thing which got me, watching the video and the speed, was that that thing must have a fair amount of torque going on. Then looking through the thread and the broken gears, it seems it does!

It does, I tried building it with less motors first, but the rings spinned slow, starting up just did not look smooth and reversing the direction of rotation was a super slow process with a very obvious stand still in the middle.
I really wanted to be able to reverse them well, because It add's a lot to the whole function but mostly it add's playability. Now, in stead of just pushing a button and watching something move I could actually play with it and create different effects by altering speed, direction of rotation and timing!

On 8/29/2018 at 11:05 PM, Bublehead said:

My hat is off to you, sir, and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your nether regions... or any other suitable torture :grin:

Does public embarrassment by the hands of 30+ strangers constitute as a "suitable torture"?

I read that cures on my phone in a relatively quiet train, and burst into laughter bit too loud and everyone stopped talking and looked at me for a good long while! :roflmao:

Edited by shadow_elenter

This is just so impressive :oh:! Your experience, your skills, the sheer dimensions of this creation, then all details. The video is incredible! Second gold on your neck?

Edited by brunojj1

On 9/3/2018 at 11:34 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Realistically, that sucks. Honestly, that must be pretty satisfying :laugh:

I'm not really sure what my opinion about this is... 

I'm also not sure how my opinion would matter...:tongue:

On 9/2/2018 at 7:39 AM, brunojj1 said:

This is just so impressive :oh:! Your experience, your skills, the sheer dimensions of this creation, then all details. The video is incredible! 

Thank you! :grin:

My plan was to not go wildly big, but I do really love technic figures, and to be honest initially I did not realize going with technic figure scale would force me to go this big.
Originally it was actually meant to be a 12 seat ride, but I'm glad I took off 2 seats. I made the 10 seat bench first and then built outwards. 

It was when I was building the second ring that I realized what I had gotten myself into.

Keeping it to scale, this is as small as I could make it:tongue:

I was told by a friend that came over that it's bigger IRL  than it looks on video and he said that I should upload a picture that would show the size so here ya go:
pyXLyfP.jpg
FYI I'm 187cm (6.1ft), so not exactly a small guy.

@shadow_elenter, We are cut from the same cloth... I think TFG’s (Technic Figure Guys- pronounced “T”-Figs”) are the perfect scale for amusement rides... I wish I had all my figs from back east, it would make for a better set of riders than minifig Star Wars riders, but I only have one figure here and he really throws the ride off balance due to centrifugal force... 

It is unfortunate you can only seat 10 riders... going to be some pretty long lines waiting on that ride. At 32 seats, my Trabant is going to crush it on The Midway... maybe even make enough scratch to afford that tooth implant my carny trash wife has been coveting.  I bet that thing will stand out like a beacon in that tooth-less smile of hers. :laugh_hard:

Can you image the size if you would have started with a 32 seat bench? Wow...

@Bublehead that’s why I only ended up with 7 cars on my ride. Technic dogs are a great scale to work with and I would love to see them come back and TLG release a series of sets at that scale

46 minutes ago, pagicence said:

I know, they have my permission.

So do 2 other websites.

I also just got a message from facebook staff that they removed the video on a paige that had stolen my content.

It's going quite far quite fast:classic:.

Edited by shadow_elenter