42336467545_d9e4f58ed2_b.jpg

The universe of Warhammer Fantasy not so popular among the LEGO comunity, like, for example, Middle-Earth, but it gives a lot of inspiration for me. Everyone knows Erebor, and I want to show you my vision of equally famous Dwarf fortress.

Spoiler

Karak Kadrin, known also as Slayers Keep is a Dwarf stronghold which guards Peak Pass, an important trading route which runs through the Worlds Edge Mountains from the distant east to the Old World. A mighty and well-known kingdom, Karak Kadrin benefits from its position, having become both a wealthy trading center and the largest, most populous and most powerful Dwarf kingdom in the Pass. Despite being besieged countless times, Karak Kadrin has never fallen. Its impregnability is probably due to the fact it has become the home of the feared Dwarven Slayers, who are naturally attracted to such a contested place. On account of this, Karak Kadrin is commonly known as "Slayer Keep", and is an important centre for the worship of Grimnir, the Dwarf Ancestor God epitomizing fearlessness and fighting spirit.

You may think that this MOC is formulaic, and maybe you will be right, but I think such type of fortress fits the best for the Dwarves.

Once I've built Dwarvish Gates

Spoiler

26148441875_f142107345_b.jpg

And since that times I got a little more parts, but still not enough. When I was on the half of the way, I realized that I have no parts at all to finish it. So I borrowed parts all over the country. Anyway, the result is not the same, I've had in my mind. I know about weaknesses of this MOC and maybe in future I can show better version. May be it will be Karaz-a-Karak, who knows?

I just want to make an accent on one moment of this work: the red top of central tower made like a mohawk of a Dwarf Slayer.

Hope you like it.

43240748311_f93a695558_b.jpg

42336470395_fb55ea630d_b.jpg

29370135398_3fd96b7ffa_b.jpg

29370129878_1761ebe0a8_b.jpg

29370132618_56714d1b2e_b.jpg

42336471145_17be827cf6_b.jpg

Edited by DwalinF

I agree. Its really outstanding. So many details in the structure of the stoneworks, the decorative pieces on the walls - you really created a lot of interesting surfaces that gives the scene a lot of life and a believable, lived-in look.:classic:

Oh, and I love that dwarven gunner with the welding mask - good one! :laugh:

This is simply spectacular! I love the level of detail that makes it look almost carved from marble and smoothly finished but then it’s got enough details to not look too plain or fake. You’ve struck a wonderful balance.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:54 AM, Clone OPatra said:

This is simply spectacular! I love the level of detail that makes it look almost carved from marble and smoothly finished but then it’s got enough details to not look too plain or fake. You’ve struck a wonderful balance.

Thank you! I was worried about this. I wanted to show the monumentality and strong of Dwarven buildings. That is why the walls are not so textured

Fascinating! I love the massive look of it (very dwarfish). You also captured the Warhammer universe (as in the Warhammer books). The welding mask is indeed a great idea. 

Around New Year I asked myself if it would be possible to play Warhammer with lego figures. While surfing the web I think I saw earlier work of you. But like you write: Warhammer is not that popular in the lego community. Warhammer 40K moc's can be found, but Warhammer fantasy moc's are much rarer.

Do you also play Warhammer Age of Sigmar while using lego? I don't play Warhammer but while surfing the web I read about the rules of Age of Sigmar and the warscrolls and so on. All this Warhammer info is free now so it seems possible to do so. 

Of course there is Brikwars! as a pure lego tabletop game. 

On 7/13/2018 at 12:15 PM, pelle said:

Fascinating! I love the massive look of it (very dwarfish). You also captured the Warhammer universe (as in the Warhammer books). The welding mask is indeed a great idea. 

Around New Year I asked myself if it would be possible to play Warhammer with lego figures. While surfing the web I think I saw earlier work of you. But like you write: Warhammer is not that popular in the lego community. Warhammer 40K moc's can be found, but Warhammer fantasy moc's are much rarer.

Do you also play Warhammer Age of Sigmar while using lego? I don't play Warhammer but while surfing the web I read about the rules of Age of Sigmar and the warscrolls and so on. All this Warhammer info is free now so it seems possible to do so. 

Of course there is Brikwars! as a pure lego tabletop game. 

Thank you!

Unfortunately I don't play Warhammer tabletop games at all. But I played a lot in PC games and read a lot of lore books. If to be true I dont like this new AoS, I prefer old good FB

Very cool! Great architectural style. You managed to make it look very massive. Also like your minibuilds, especially the dwarf statue.

10 hours ago, Abaddon127 said:

I LOVE it!  I particularly like the Dwarf statue on the pedestal.  I would love to see more WHF stuff from you. 

Thank you!
You may see a little bit more of WHF at my Flickr account

great build. I like war hammer as inspiration too.. I am probably the only guy on Pintrest, but I use it for inspiration for many of my builds and war hammer is one of them. lovely work.

I know I already commented on this on flickr, but I wanted to note that this would be incredible inspiration for someone wanting to make a build based in the mountains of Varlyrio (where there are dwarves!). This is just the kind of thing I imagined, and then I came across it here :) . 

Great work! :wub:

I love the statues you've build.

This looks like the industrial revolution has come to Middle Earth.