Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2019 - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

A house boat would be neat at the $30 price range, hope they ditch that "modular" system for it though. Also I can't help but see Han's land speeder from SOLO in the third build of the Sunset Track Racer, the main build of that set looks amazing looking at it more for me at first glance I kinda passed over it but now I'm thinking i'll add it to my want list for 2019

"microscale" Shuttle Transporter (31091), kinda disappointing, but at least I just got the 31066 3-in-1 Shuttle for like half price this week.

Edited by TeriXeri

12 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

30191 look better than 31066 imo.

31091* (I typed wrong number)

It does look good for microscale, even the alternate builds, but it's still an entirely different kind of set.

2018 almost had no microscale builds for Creator so I was hoping they'd be gone. 

Edited by TeriXeri

I'm pretty bummed by the lack of residential or commercial buildings in the latest Creator announcements / leaks.

A houseboat really doesn't scratch that itch for me. Hopefully we see some more buildings, done in the older, Creator style (i.e. not the more recent "Modular" style) later in 2019 or in early 2020.

Huh, the main build for that Underwater Robot set looks like Lego's Aquazone meets BioShock's Big Daddy. :wacko:

13 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Having seen it, it's definitely passable for something out of Crimson Skies.

Having now seen it myself, I can't say that it looks as fantastical as that, but it's still a pretty impressive minifigure-scaled airplane build! Kinda dig its color scheme too! :thumbup: :smug:

Here's to hoping that it's piloted by a sweet aviator minifigure with a new torso print! :purrr:

51 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, the main build for that Underwater Robot set looks like Lego's Aquazone meets BioShock's Big Daddy. :wacko:

Having now seen it myself, I can't say that it looks as fantastical as that, but it's still a pretty impressive minifigure-scaled airplane build! Kinda dig its color scheme too! :thumbup: :smug:

Here's to hoping that it's piloted by a sweet aviator minifigure with a new torso print! :purrr:

Where did you see the pictures? Hmmm Aquazone meets BioShock sounds interesting 

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I was going to say it wouldn't be too tough to Crimson Skies-it up, but looking at some CR art and I agree. Some color and parts swaps could make it a great addition to the Ninjago Sky-bound Pirates' fleet, though. Maybe use a longer axle and give it contra-rotating props. Curious to see how it scales with 31047 and 31076.

I know it's a preliminary image, but it looks like they're using this torso:

lego-jungle-exploration-woman-pilot-mini

I definitely want them to do an updated CMF S.3 pilot torso!

Looks like I guessed right about the houseboat's alt-builds; a small boat with dock and dock house, the other is a float plane with a floating fishing platform/raft. The Corsair's alt-builds are a small jet and a small helicopter.

Float plane looks pretty interesting. Gonna need to extend the wings, though.

4 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Looks like I guessed right about the houseboat's alt-builds; a small boat with dock and dock house, the other is a float plane with a floating fishing platform/raft. The Corsair's alt-builds are a small jet and a small helicopter.

I'm not sure what to make of the house boat. Over the past couple of years it seems that Creator have abandoned the realistic style of models in some of their sets and have changed the style to look more like something that would come out of a child's imagination. Overall it's not too bad and I think it will be one of those sets that looks much better in the flesh than it does on the box artwork. The secondary builds do look pretty good.

1 hour ago, Sinthoras said:

Set 31094 is going to be a Chance Vought F4U Corsair with a Lego-friendly paintjob. I really like it.

Whoa, I wasn't at all expecting there to be decals/prints on this set. :thumbup: :oh:

House Boat set isn't too bad. Especially the 3rd build (small boat/dock).

I do hope Creator Summer 2019 has some 3-in-1 Minifig buildings again, right now the most Creator-ish House set is the Lego Movie 2 Dream House.

(Keeping buildings like Ideas Tree House/Fishing Store , or Creator Expert sets in their own discussion since they are just at a much higher price point)

So far it looks like the 3-in-1 "modular" system is going away, or at least there hasn't been a new one yet.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Whoa, I wasn't at all expecting there to be decals/prints on this set. :thumbup: :oh:

Wonder how many of those checker pattern stickers I'm gonna need to properly do the engine cowling?

Edited by K_Tiger

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I'm not sure what to make of the house boat. Over the past couple of years it seems that Creator have abandoned the realistic style of models in some of their sets and have changed the style to look more like something that would come out of a child's imagination.

Houseboats are real things. The one in the set is actually pretty restrained considering.

5 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Wonder how many of those checker pattern stickers I'm gonna need to properly do the engine cowling?

If they are indeed stickers...

I don't think I've gotten a Creator 3-in-1 with stickers before. Curiously, I think this is one of those rare occasions where I'd prefer stickers.

I particularly like the Sunset Racer and the House Boat. Definitely getting both of those for my city - I'm working on a Docks/canal area, and the Houseboat would be perfect. 

Having seen the official images I have changed my opinion about the house boat. It looks great on the high quality shots and all three builds look excellent. In fact I think I prefer build number 3 to the main build itself.

I also love the race plane.

Edited by Bricked1980

11 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

The official images of the new Creator sets have now been published. :classic:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-2019-set-images/

Thanks for the heads up! I've just updated the main post with all of @tormentalous's box art images from Flickr (just the front box art, that is) via your link to his article. :classic:

Hmm, not so high on the float plane alt-build for the houseboat, but those are the breaks when it's not the primary build in a 3-in-1. Race Plane is pretty class, though. I'm definitely gonna want the new air police visor for the pilot.

After seeing better picture quality, I like the sets very much, only missing some actual houses/shops and some more sets with minifigs, hopefully with the Summer wave.

If that Race Plane has all prints that's fantastic.

Underwater Robot has great parts, ratchet hinges are much more fun then regular big ball joints & even some gold nuggets in the set (from the 2018 City mining).

Edited by TeriXeri

So has anyone seen the new Creator Expert car yet the Ford Mustang. I have been scouring the forum for information and haven't seen anything yet. I am really anxious to find out details like color and functions, older or newer model, race car or street car?  Hopefully it is a great set, I know many don't really care for American made cars but I like them and I am looking forward to seeing it. 

Starting to think I fell for a fake list, damn it. 

Edited by Johnny1360