Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2019 - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

It's gonna be a pass for me. I understand sacrificing outer looks for inner features and minifigure compatibility, but the front of the module just looks like a very angry, screaming face. I was hoping for something more accurate, like this awesome MOC:  uurd5xqboey21.jpg

However, I highly doubt the MOC has as many (if any) play features / functionality.

It's hard to keep low expectations when we are sometimes treated to incredible designs such as the Mustang's.

It's true that the set is well below world class MOC quality, but it's not half bad either.  At the rate I build MOCs, I can't afford not to buy it.  By the time I'd get around to buying the parts for the MOC, this set would be sitting at $400 on the aftermarket just like its predecessor, and then I'd be sorry!

5 hours ago, Terrasher said:

It's gonna be a pass for me. I understand sacrificing outer looks for inner features and minifigure compatibility, but the front of the module just looks like a very angry, screaming face. I was hoping for something more accurate, like this awesome MOC:  uurd5xqboey21.jpg

However, I highly doubt the MOC has as many (if any) play features / functionality.

It's hard to keep low expectations when we are sometimes treated to incredible designs such as the Mustang's.

Where did you find this moc? It is amazing! Do you know if there are instructions/ part list available?

Ok found it on Flickr.  No instructions/model 

Edited by Space_jaco
Update

If the patch is an exclusive GWP like the Ford Mustang I wonder why we haven’t gotten an promos for it yet. How far ahead of the Mustang release did they start pushing the keychain promo?

Edit: just checked my inbox and the first VIP email I have about the mustang came on February 22nd. Guess we could be getting word any day now if it’s the same type of promo. 

Edited by Accio Lego

So now we have confirmation of the new Luna Lander and rumors of a Creator Expert Harley Davidson - I'm wondering whether it's likely we're gonna see a new fairground set released this year.

Assuming we will get a new winter village set, that means there will have been at least 5 Creator Expert sets in 2019 and maybe more if we get a re-release of a classic set at the end of the year as they have done the past 2 years.

Have any allocated set numbers been revealed for 2019 which could still potentially be a new fairground set?

15 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Have any allocated set numbers been revealed for 2019 which could still potentially be a new fairground set?

Nope. But we're not exactly lacking for fairground sets this year as it is, what with the 3-in-1, several Friends sets, a City people pack, and maybe even that rocket ride Ideas GWP depending on how loosely one defines the theme.

Since the first teaser is out for the lunar lander, I guess we can expect the set to be revealed and released in about two weeks.  I'm glad to hear it has an interior - the 2003 Discovery space shuttle and lunar lander both lacked an interior, and it was frankly quite amazing how much the interior of the D2C space shuttle in 2010 improved playability compared to the 2003 model, when otherwise it was nearly identical except for a slightly smaller size.

3 hours ago, icm said:

I guess we can expect the set to be revealed and released in about two weeks

It's June 1st release.

10 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Nope. But we're not exactly lacking for fairground sets this year as it is, what with the 3-in-1, several Friends sets, a City people pack, and maybe even that rocket ride Ideas GWP depending on how loosely one defines the theme.

Also the Toy Story 4 sets, which might serve as the 'junior' end of the fairground. 

22 hours ago, tafkatb said:

That's true, and personally I think this new Legoland exclusive looks like a great set and has got plenty that should satisfy fans of fairground sets.

40346-1.jpg

Another picture of the box of the Lunar Module has appeared on Instagram, but it still doesn't seem to show the faces of the minifigures. I really hope they have flesh-colored heads...

57 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Another picture of the box of the Lunar Module has appeared on Instagram, but it still doesn't seem to show the faces of the minifigures. I really hope they have flesh-colored heads...

The new leaked pictures do give us a look at the interior though - only seems to fit one minifigure but it’s better than I expected. It also shows that they’ve made a special printed tile for the plaque that’s on the lander leg, which to me is a good omen for realistic heads. 

13 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

I apologize if this has been asked but are Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin yellow or flesh-toned?

It’s been speculated on yes, but none of the pictures we have show thier faces. 

Thank you all very much for the information and the pics! :classic:

The Lunar Module is for my taste and my usage too expensive. Nevertheless it looks very well design and the baseplate with the lunar surface is a nice addition.

The Legoland rides could have been a bit bigger and the Miniland could have gotten one more exhibition space. But apart from that it's amazing! I really like all the details which make it looking like a real Legoland. There is a devent number of minifigures and accessory included. And this set will very well go with the Legoland Driving School set and the Legoland Train set. :wub:

It would be nice if the next years saw more add-ons to this / the Legoland set(s) like a Legoland restaurant, a Lego Factory, a model builder workshop, a Ninjago ride, a 4D cinema, ...

LEGOLAND set is almost perfect :wub: They are really going big with these fairground sets 

About the moon landing set, it is a licensed set, therefore the minifigures are probably fleshies 

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

LEGOLAND set is almost perfect :wub: They are really going big with these fairground sets 

About the moon landing set, it is a licensed set, therefore the minifigures are probably fleshies 

Speed Champions are licensed too, but they have yellow minifigs - since they're not depicting specific actual people. Obviously they'll go with realistic flesh-tones if they're intended to be Armstrong and Aldrin, but it's still possible they'll just be generic NASA astronauts too. I could see that happening if, say, the Armstrong estate declined to sign over likeness rights.

However, I'm still more inclined to think it will include official Armstrong and Aldrin minifigs, just because the name of the set indicates this is not just an Apollo Lunar Lander, but the Apollo 11 one specifically. Time will tell.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you all very much for the information and the pics! :classic:

The Lunar Module is for my taste and my usage too expensive. Nevertheless it looks very well design and the baseplate with the lunar surface is a nice addition.

The Legoland rides could have been a bit bigger and the Miniland could have gotten one more exhibition space. But apart from that it's amazing! I really like all the details which make it looking like a real Legoland. There is a devent number of minifigures and accessory included. And this set will very well go with the Legoland Driving School set and the Legoland Train set. :wub:

It would be nice if the next years saw more add-ons to this / the Legoland set(s) like a Legoland restaurant, a Lego Factory, a model builder workshop, a Ninjago ride, a 4D cinema, ...

ok i apologise for what i said about you before and yaay we agree on the LEGOLAND set for once , i might try and get some more track pieces to make the dragon coaster bigger although sometimes lego builds are bigger than what they appear on the box