Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2019 - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

I am certainly interested to see better pics of the Bank and Street+Tram alternate builds.

Alternate build on the Townhouse is just brilliant, a hairdresser and a dentist at such a scale, yet instantly recognizable.

Still got the "Bank" to go for a picture which is supposed to be a tall building.

Wilderness hut is a nice extra set in the line (but not 100% a surprise with some of the repeats going on in the theme's cycle which isn't a bad thing)

Tree Houses : 2013 - 2016 - 2018

Log Cabin / Mountain Hut / Lakeside Lodge / Wilderness Hut : 2011 - 2014 - 2017 - 2019

Beach Houses : 2012 - 2015 - 2017

Lighthouse Island/Point : 2011 - 2016

Would not surprise me to see another Beach House and/or Lighthouse set in 2020.

Edited by TeriXeri

Been looking more and more at the Townhouse set and it definately uses a new style of "modular" again.

While it's not hinged, it's not the 8x8 or 8x16 scaled system, either.

It uses 3 12x12 sized squares for the corner and sidewalks, while the building floors are 8x12.

It really reminds me of the design of Corner Deli, but upscaled.

On the corner part of the buildings, you see a technic pin drainpipe that connects both buildings in the corner, as well as technic pins on ground level.

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, Brickey34 said:

Am I seeing a Snow Speeder on the UFO ride? 

To me, it looks like a homage to Lego's 2007 Space theme Mars Mission with that White and Trans-Orange color scheme. :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are the box art designs for the upcoming summer sets:

Good view on the alternate builds and mechanisms on the back of the boxes.

Helicopter indeed has a button on the back to spin both rotors.

Overall doesn't look like there's like a really small and bad alternate build in any of those sets.

Hovercraft might be my least favorite alternate build but hard to judge from the pictures.

Townhouse Bank is an interesting idea for a Creator set but certainly doesn't use all parts either, I still think the set has a great base to build custom builds from as well in terms of bricks, plates and tiles.

Overall, City and Creator 3-in-1 seem to move closer in style/scale in terms of buildings.

Edited by TeriXeri

I will likely get 2 or 3 of the ufo ride sets for the alternate builds , im really into carnival/amusement park rides now and yesterday I picked up the creator carousel and its amazing but stupidly while cleaning up I accidentally threw away the 6 white flex rods at the top of the canvas but honestly for some reason I like it better with them not being on

now with so many great amusement park sets coming this summer im thinking of buying some lights and more accessories to help spruce them up

Thank you all very much for the pics! :classic:

The Dual Rotor Heli is for sure nice, but I don't have any use for it. :classic:

Carousel :thumbup:

Con:

- side builds (apart from the bench) look too simple

- expensive

- some stickers would give the carousell an improved look

- only three minifigs included

Pro:

+ goes perfectly as small carousel with the CE Fairground sets

+ "UFO" sign with ufo and alien in it on top of the carousel looks cute

+ four very nice builds for rotating around

Zoo Shop & Café :wub:

Con:

- not again a hot dog cart!!!

- a bit more interior would have had been nice

Pro:

+ good price ratio performance

+ nice interior

+ so many and lovely details outside of the buildings

+ perfect exterior design: I really like the combination of old and new architectual elements

I hope that (like in previous years) we will see a new building to place next to this set in January 2020 - at the best a sports shop, a music store or a media store!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Not intended for PF use but I am sure you could rig something up, obviously you would need to gear it down. 

By the way, if anyone here has any questions for designers of the Creator Expert subtheme...

The Brothers Brick - Ask LEGO Anything: We’re Talking to LEGO, and We Want Your Help! [News]

Next week The Brothers Brick will be in Billund, Denmark at LEGO’s headquarters to talk with LEGO about how the company interacts with the fan community. That’s not all we’ll be doing though, as we’ll also have an opportunity to sit down with a handful of LEGO designers to pick their brains about your favorite themes. We want to give our readers a chance to get in on the action, so if you’ve got a burning question about one of these themes, you can fill out our form to submit your question. Just remember, LEGO designers can never talk about unannounced future products or plans, so there’s no point asking “will LEGO ever make Monorail again?” or “what sets are planned for next summer?”

The design teams we’ll be speaking with include Creator Expert, Games (Video Games & Apps), Harry Potter, Hidden Side, Ideas, Jurassic World, and Speed Champions. Although the brand-new Hidden Side theme hasn’t been released yet, we did get a hands-on look at the sets back in February at the New York Toy Fair, and saw all the official set photos last week.

We’ll also have a chat with Tormod Askildsen, LEGO’s Head of AFOL Engagement–that’s right, LEGO has a whole department dedicated to interacting with Adult Fans of LEGO (aka AFOLs). The department supports a variety of activities throughout the fan community, such as providing early access to sets for some of the reviews we do here on The Brothers Brick. If you’ve got a question about how LEGO thinks about adult builders, now is your time to ask it.

Submit your questions here

Since time will be limited, we can’t promise we’ll get to everyone’s questions, but we’ll ask as many as we can.

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

P.S. What was your submitted question should I ask? The usual perhaps? :wink:

Pretty much.

Expert Creator sets are already themed. They're essentially "City." Buildings and cars. The usual suspects will deny it, but that's themed.

So why not expand to Space or Castle themes? Or Pirates? 

That was my question, essentially. 

4 hours ago, danth said:

Expert Creator sets are already themed. They're essentially "City." Buildings and cars. The usual suspects will deny it, but that's themed.

So why not expand to Space or Castle themes? Or Pirates? 

I agree there's been some subthemes and repeated types of sets.

Minifig scale :

- Modular Buildings (ongoing in 2019)

- Vestas Windmill ( 2008/2018) Imperial Flagship (2010) / Shuttle Expedition (2010/2011)

- Amusement Park sets (2018 Rollercoaster being the most recent)

- Winter Village + Holiday Trains/Station (ongoing in 2019)

- Trains (Emerald Night / Horizon Express / Maersk Train)  (not seen recently since 2013)

And then non-minifig sets: 

- Large Scale cars (ongoing in 2019)

- Landmarks (Taj Mahal , Tower Bridge, Big Ben etc) (last one seen in 2017)

- Model Ships / Airplanes / Mini-Modulars (not seen recently since 2014)

Edited by TeriXeri

Just seen that the new Creator sets are already available to purchase here in the UK from Smyths Toys. They're not available in store but they can be ordered online. 

Here's the link to the cafe pet shop but all the other sets are available on the site too.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-creator/lego-31097-creator-townhouse-pet-shop-and-café/p/175222