Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2019 - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

Discuss everything pertaining to sets released for the LEGO Creator theme in 2019 here, whether it be for the "Three-In-One" or Expert subthemes. If you wish though, discussion of the annual Expert subthemes for Modular Buildings, the Fairground sets, Landmark builds, Expert-scale cars, and the Winter Village line particularly can take place over at these respectively linked topics instead:

This post will be updated as further information arrives, including official set numbers, names, and images. 

Futuristic Flyer (31086)

LEGO Creator Futuristic Flyer (31086)

Dune Buggy (31087)

LEGO Creator Dune Buggy (31087)

Deep Sea Creatures (31088)

LEGO Creator Deep Sea Creatures (31088)

Sunset Track Racer (31089)

LEGO Creator Sunset Track Racer (31089)

Underwater Robot (31090)

LEGO Creator Underwater Robot (31090)

Shuttle Transporter (31091)

LEGO Creator Shuttle Transporter (31091)

Helicopter Adventure (31092)

LEGO Creator Helicopter Adventure (31092)

Riverside Houseboat (31093)

LEGO Creator Riverside Houseboat (31093)

Race Plane (31094)

LEGO Creator Race Plane (31094)

Edited by Digger of Bricks

So, we now have some set names and numbers for three January 2019 releases via an Instagram leaker:

• 31089 Sunset Track Racer
  • 31091 Shuttle Transporter
  • 31093 Riverside Boathouse

Hmm Shuttle Transporter sounds interesting, wonder if it will be a truck or 747, I hope for the later. 

Could the Sunset Track Racer be another motorcycle, I actually liked the last one so much I bought three, such a good parts pack at such a reasonable price. 

Riverside Boathouse, one of those modular buildings I don't really like but occasionally buy on the cheap again if they have decent parts. Maybe it will fit well with the new yacht, that would be nice. 

7 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Hmm Shuttle Transporter sounds interesting, wonder if it will be a truck or 747, I hope for the later. 

I'll welcome any space-centric sets to the Creator theme if it acts as a stepping stone towards full-on SPACESHIP! sets for the theme, if you know what I mean. :wink:

I’m a broken record on the subject, but I hope the Riverside Boathouse sees a return to the fully enclosed Creator buildings, like Bike Shop and Cafe (as opposed to the Creator “Modular” buildings).

On 8/11/2018 at 8:10 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I'll welcome any space-centric sets to the Creator theme if it acts as a stepping stone towards full-on SPACESHIP! sets for the theme, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Would be funny if Shuttle Transporter had nothing at all to do with Space Shuttle and was just some kind of bus, like parking lot to terminal transporter at the airport. 

On 8/19/2018 at 4:11 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Would be funny if Shuttle Transporter had nothing at all to do with Space Shuttle and was just some kind of bus, like parking lot to terminal transporter at the airport. 

Perhabs a new monorail shuttle? That would be awesome!

Personally Im a fan of those Creator 3-in-1 houses. This year I did not really like those buildings though... I would like to see a clubhouse for sports like soccer, cricket, field hockey, base ball etc.

Edited by Goverman

10 hours ago, Goverman said:

Personally Im a fan of those Creator 3-in-1 houses.

I'm a HUGE fan of those houses too. I really hope that Lego reconsiders the direction of the current Creator "Modular" houses and retreats to the more ... deluxe and fully enclosed style of the Townhouse, Apple Tree House, Family Home, Family House and Beach House.

Thank you very much for the list so far, Digger of Bricks! :classic:

Creator vehicles normally don't interest me because of there too big and unfitting scale for City. (An exception was the Monster Truck Show this summer.)

The Riverside Boathouse could be a nice set. I suppose it's the biggest set of the winter wave, let's say 35-50 Euros. Nevertheless I would have prefered a shop. Since TLG does release shops in the City theme only very sparing, the Creator and Friends themes are the ones which sometimes help out.

Yeah, no, I'm looking forward to the Houseboat set as well; maybe some Technic could find its way in there?

Hey, folks - here is what I am aware of at this juncture on the Creator 2019 front: all of these should be out by the first of January, though some might be slated for a December release in the US.

31086 - Futuristic Flyer - $14.99 US

31087 - Dune Buggy - $12.99 US

31088 - Deep Sea Creatures

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Azani said:

31086 - Futuristic Flyer - $14.99 US

Sounds all too similar to the name of this 2015 Creator set...

Brickset - 31034 Future Flyer

Well, though it may only be $14.99, here's hoping that at least it's some sort of spaceship, that is, one that may give us a desirable new canopy recolor of some sort. :shrug_oh_well:

For saying Creator is in the top 4 most successful themes of 1HY 2018, there aren’t that many replies here.

This year’s creator Pirate Roller Coaster had some really good rebuilds. Riverside boathouse sounds promising. Will this set include minifigures? Which sets include minifigures?

So now there seems to be 6 Creator sets rumored for January 2019. I wonder if that's all of them or will there be anymore? Was really hoping we'd get a new Creator shop like the Corner Deli but I suppose that's wishful thinking. :def_shrug:

I'm personally hoping the riverside boathouse either turns out to be side-wheel or stern-wheel steam boat, or even a keel boat... I really don't care, as long as it's looks loosely Western. No matter how small, I hope it will be a boost to me and my slumbering Wild Western layout!

On 9/6/2018 at 12:44 AM, J4ck said:

For saying Creator is in the top 4 most successful themes of 1HY 2018, there aren’t that many replies here.

Possibly because Lego isn't making use of the theme to its fullest potential, if you know what I mean. :sceptic:

On 9/6/2018 at 2:44 AM, J4ck said:

Keep in mind that Creator line includes the Expert line, with stuff like Modulars, Fairground sets like the new Coaster, the Winter Village, Expert Cars and the big stuff like Taj Mahal. A lot of stuff that can contribute to sales and results. The vanilla Creator line took a dive in my opinion when they stop making full houses and complete buildings for doing that pseudo “modular” line (that are only modular in the sense you can combine various ugly sets into a big ugly set). Sure things like the Pirate’s rollercoaster are nice and welcome but they are so much more they could do. But my biggest complain is still the City line (which is less a city line than the Friends line).

Edited by Chiaroscuro

I actually like the 3-in-1 modular line with the modular components and open backs and I hope that Lego continues the series next year. I think the idea is neat, although it's not always executed amazingly.

Older creator house sets always looked really nice as a display piece but kind of failed in terms of playability, as most of them were either not designed with play in mind, or had very little space inside. 

17 hours ago, smooshybeann02 said:

I actually like the 3-in-1 modular line with the modular components and open backs and I hope that Lego continues the series next year. I think the idea is neat, although it's not always executed amazingly.

I liked the idea too. They even sort of implemented the system in the Brand Store set, even while it's not Creator labeled, it certainly has modules like it.

I hope there's more Creator Buildings but from known set names for now, the Boathouse seems the only option to possibly have the modular system.

But it seems to be in the bigger price range, so has potential to have some great alternate builds like the Camper from 2016, and this year's Cruising Adventure set.

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I hope there's more Creator Buildings but from known set names for now, the Boathouse seems the only option to possibly have the modular system.

Well from the leaked set names and numbers, we are missing 31092 and 31090, so fingers crossed that one of them will be a building.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:20 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Possibly because Lego isn't making use of the theme to its fullest potential, if you know what I mean. :sceptic:

I wish Creator would embrace Classic Themes more.

A classic Space suit for the astronaut in the next shuttle for example, or a small modular medieval carpentry instead of a City shop.

Just to show todays' kids, that there is also something else besides Star Wars, Marvel...

On 9/8/2018 at 11:52 PM, Chiaroscuro said:

The vanilla Creator line took a dive in my opinion when they stop making full houses and complete buildings for doing that pseudo “modular” line (that are only modular in the sense you can combine various ugly sets into a big ugly set).

Umm, have you ever actually looked at the instructions to these sets? Because the 3-in-1 modular buildings are modular in waaaaaaaay more ways than just being able to combine them. On the most basic level, a single set can let you rearrange a single set in whole 8x8 or 8x16 blocks (rooms, roofs, attics, swimming pools, porches, etc). This includes both the position of those blocks and the direction they face, sort of like the modular Hogwarts Castle sections from the first few years of the LEGO Harry Potter theme.

But these Creator sets go even further, as even these blocks themselves are designed in such a way that you can easily re-arrange features like windows, doors, staircases, and garages. With multiples of the same set, you can also mix-and-match modules from the A, B, and C models. And naturally, as with pretty much any kind of modular format, from TLG-created ones like the Creator Expert modular buildings to fan-created ones like the Great Ball Contraption and Moonbase collabs that are seen at various LEGO fan conventions, this system is a foundation that you can enhance even further by creating your OWN custom modules.

Page 106 of the Modular Family Villa instruction manual shows 5 different ways that you can re-arrange just the 15 modules from the A model. And certainly, the way some those designs put features like the basketball hoops or doghouse on the upper levels is a little ridiculous. But the point of this page isn't to show you the best or most straightforward ways you can arrange the modules — it's to illustrate just how unlimited the customization possibilities actually are. Although these sets are still marketed as "3-in-1" like the old Creator houses, the actual number of different models you can create even just with the modules shown in the instructions is far, far greater.

This makes them a heck of a lot more modular than the Creator Expert modular buildings. With the Creator Expert sets, "modular" pretty much just means "you can rearrange the order of the buildings on the street or change the number/order of the upper floors". Market Street came closest to offering a more genuinely customizable experience due to letting you rotate the floors or swap the floors and roofs between the left and right bases, but it still wasn't even close to this versatile. So it baffles me that so many people seem to think the 3-in-1 modular buildings are somehow the ones being deceptively marketed, when really a stronger case could be made for saying the Creator Expert modular buildings are barely even modular.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, Chiaroscuro said:

The vanilla Creator line took a dive in my opinion when they stop making full houses and complete buildings for doing that pseudo “modular” line (that are only modular in the sense you can combine various ugly sets into a big ugly set).

I personally agree. But, different strokes for different folks.

I'd very much like to see a return of Creator sets like the Bike Shop and Café and the older Family House / Home and similar houses. Hopefully it will happen one day.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:44 PM, J4ck said:

This year’s creator Pirate Roller Coaster had some really good rebuilds. Riverside boathouse sounds promising. Will this set include minifigures? Which sets include minifigures?

Wow, is that true? Because Creator is probably my favourite theme. I feel it really captures the essence of what LEGO is all about.