Versteinert

[MOC] Rat Rod - Sedan

Actually I only thought about ways to build whitewall tires only of original Lego parts. Therefore I needed some car to display them.
I saw some cool Rods built by flickr member 1saac W. and Johnni D, so I decided to build my own Rat Rod. This is not a specific model, but it is near some Ford Sedan.
Additionally I was inspired by some mocs I found on the www which appeared to be built by flickr member Calin. Perhaps these guys are members of this forums too, they do some great work :)

43204504122_e6bb77c312_c.jpgRat Rod Sedan by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

28384196447_22ebca46e1_c.jpgRat Rod Sedan by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

43204503492_aff777a9a5_c.jpgRat Rod Sedan by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

Very nice way of using the ingot pieces as cylimder heads. Actually the whole engine is really nicely made. A good amount of visible machinery.:classic: The cabin is a bit plain for my taste though. There is just something on it missing.

The white walled tyres look great though!:classic:

On 7/7/2018 at 11:43 PM, Littleworlds said:

The cabin is a bit plain for my taste though. There is just something on it missing.

Actually I wanted to add a mirror, but since I changed the lower cabin part I had to remove it.

Thinking about your critics I found a way to nevertheless add the mirror. Hope you like it a bit more than the first version :)

42566229294_16f6d1f257_c.jpgRat Rod Sedan by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

I now finished the second rat rod as well. Again it's built to display some whitewall tyre techniques. This time it is some Ford Coupé, the owner let the original straight six built in, no change to a v8, but some modifications at the exhaust ;)

43235336872_29d9810aca_c.jpgRat Rod Coupé by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

41474380110_a2904dcc78_c.jpgRat Rod Coupé by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

43284358741_772235250d_c.jpgRat Rod Coupé by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

43284357581_0a08ef64bf_c.jpgRat Rod Coupé by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

41474381860_a1442aa1eb_c.jpgRat Rod Coupé by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

The wing mirror makes the cabin indeed a bit more busy. Quite nifty how you built it too:classic:

The cabin of the second one still looks a bit more interesting. Very neat model and once again a beautiful engine. I can really pick up some ideas from you :classic:

Both of these rat rods are amazing, they're packed with some great details and part usages. I really love their shaping, their engine and the tires! I somehow feel special for the Coupé, I think it's thanks to its wonderful color scheme and incredible shaping, especially the backside! :wub: However, I think great MOCer like you deserves to be more popular, so I'd recommend you to add your MOCs into more Flickr groups... Anyway, keep your incredible work up! :thumbup:

Please excuse my late answer.

Thank you for your compliments. Great you like my mocs.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:48 PM, LegoModularFan said:

However, I think great MOCer like you deserves to be more popular, so I'd recommend you to add your MOCs into more Flickr groups...

That's one big compliment. Thank you a lot. Of course I'd have no problems with being more popular, but this isn't that easy ;)

I'm not very much into flickr or flickr groups. I created my flickr account just to be able to attache pictures in some forums (for example this one ;) ). Do you have any ideas for some good flickr groups?