Sign in to follow this  
shadow_elenter

Zombie Apocalypse Truck 6x6

This is the ULTIMATE zombie apocalypse truck!
It can attack, defend and build!

I've always loved zombie movies, and the last few years I'v relay enjoyed the walking dead!

However... they always make terrible decisions, a lot of them  because they don't have a chance to build a secure base that no one dares to mess with.

So I designed this vehicle as an ultimate doomsday preppers truck.

This truck deals with the 3 biggest dangers of a zombie apocalypse!
Hostile survivors won't even dare to try anything, randomly wandering zombies and even the hordes don't stand a chance and going out for supply's with this thing watching your back gets a whole lot safer!

jozmcCO.jpg

The nose opens up and acts as a funnels to guide zombies into 2 massive circulair saws.

H7zhMac.jpg

EcZDvRS.jpg

When the nose is closed it forms a wedge capable of plowing through hords of zombies or obstacles.

Kb34Nsx.jpg

On the rooftop there's a dual-gatling gun and a high-powered laser canon.

V8hMbA1.jpg

The wheels are spiked and both sides have an active anti-climbing defence.

2qEGRTv.jpg

Rebuilding is crucial to long term survival in a zombie apocalypse, so the rear has a strong multi-purpose arm designed just for that.

O1DcWo5.jpg

It can take a variety of accessories. 

It uses a total of 14 motors

5x PF L motor  
4x PF M motor
2x PF XL motor
2x PF servo motor
4x PF lights
2x 9v siren
1x PF laser 

1x PF L or M motor in the attachment crane or drill

5 SBrick's
2 PF battery boxes

Let me know what you guy's think!

Edited by shadow_elenter

Truck or tank?  Hardly a more efficient machine :wink:  this thing is entirely awesome.

Here in the US, there are trucks and jeeps here and there, with some sticker reading something to the tune of "Zombie Apocalypse response team".  This kinda reminds me of that but much better and thoroughly thought out. 

My favorite is the wedge part.   Seems like you could just blow through zombie hordes with no problems.  Thanks for sharing this....

I can’t decide if this is the product of a warped & twisted mind or a mad genius. Either way, I absolutely love it. Great work.

Quite impressive number of features and add-ons! Could you share more details on "PF laser"? Is this just a laser with PF power connector attached to it?

Crazy cool, I can envision a whole theme based on this vehicle, great idea. Looks like much fun to play with as well. 

Wow! A full size version of this would make short work of the zombie hoards.

You have so many features and functions in your zombie elimination Truck.

Andy D

This is beyond awesome. Love the looks, love the functions, love the video.

Great use of all the different attachments, too - kinda reminds me of Sander Mulders' excavator.

I like the blades and gears on the sides and the multi functional attachments at that back.  You have clearly put a lot of thought into this, but how would you defend against a swarming from the back of the car? :) 

Time to cleanse the herd!  Well done lol!

On 7/7/2018 at 2:32 PM, zux said:

Could you share more details on "PF laser"? Is this just a laser with PF power connector attached to it?

Yes I can, there's a video on my channel and a topic here on EBTOPIC

21 hours ago, KD123 said:

How would you defend against a swarming from the back of the car? :) 

Id say the masive 360 dual gatling/laser cannon could end their suffering...:wink: 

Kinda funny how this awesome, creative build gets ten replies while another WIP thread with ZERO pictures gets fourteen.

18 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Kinda funny how this awesome, creative build gets ten replies while another WIP thread with ZERO pictures gets fourteen.

A lot of things nowadays.

Nice, creative zombie ride. Look up "The Death Cure", they needed this ride.

I was just looking at the statistic's on my youtube channel and I noticed this MOC is getting surprisingly low amount of views in comparison to my other MOC video's so I'd like some feedback from you guy's...

The zombie truck video currently has 8600 views and has been online for 53 days, in comparison: the thrill ride video I just put up yesterday has already more than half that in one day! (4400 views).

I really put a lot of time and effort in making nice video's and sharing it with you guy's, so its a bit of a downer if that works out to so little views.
I've been trying to explain the low number of views, but nothing that significant comes to mind...

Is this just the youtube algorithm that has decided this is bad content or am I missing something?

I love every single thing about your videos - but then again, I'm not your average viewer and I also prefer Nero d'Avola to Brunello.

Also keep in mind that the thrill ride is part of TC14, which may drive a lot more EB traffic there. I personally love how unique all your builds are, and this one is no exception. Wonderful work!

It honestly depends on that youtube algorithm. I've had a similar problem recently where one of my videos got 10k views, and then I uploaded another one which only got 1k views in 3 weeks. So you have to just go with the flow when it comes to youtube because you're never in control :grin:

Someone have a bit of a saddistic mind ... cool :laugh: espacially the wedge with the hidden circulair saws. the Gears on the side is a real original idea. Don't know much about zombies but I know for sure that it will work.

I like that arm on the back too, very handy with all those exchangeble things. I'm only curious how you put all those motors and stuff in that vehicle. Do you have some pics.

10 hours ago, shadow_elenter said:

Is this just the youtube algorithm that has decided this is bad content or am I missing something?

It's because Lego will never get as many views as Fortnite, clickbait, or reaction videos. It is the sad part of YouTube and society.

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

It's because Lego will never get as many views as Fortnite, clickbait, or reaction videos. It is the sad part of YouTube and society.

A very sad part of society indeed.

6 hours ago, jwarner said:

Also keep in mind that the thrill ride is part of TC14, which may drive a lot more EB traffic there.

EB is seen as "extern" (sorry, everything is in dutch) in the analytics and only represents 6.4% of all views, so even if I never posted it on EB it would not have mattered greatly much in terms of views and thus does not explain it.

Normally I get most views by youtube recommending it to people, but clearly youtube has decided NOT to recommend this one?!

aZ17qNV.jpg

4 hours ago, neonic said:

I'm only curious how you put all those motors and stuff in that vehicle. Do you have some pics.

Not the best pix but it gives a rough idea, later 2 motors for the side blades were added. The motor directly under the turret is in line with one on the other side so that one is hidden from view, another motor sits withing the gatling gun, and I counted an extra motor because some accessories use a motor:wink:.

The open space behind the drivers was filled up with 2 more SBrick's and 2 battery boxes. Cramping everything in was a challenge, but it usually is because I tend to take it over the top :tongue:.

1GuR82z.jpg

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

While that is very true I do have to say that that should not matter because I compare it to the other LEGO video's I have made.

All in all:
-MOC is at least "decent enough" to be interesting within our LEGO loving audience.

-search term "LEGO technic truck" is one of the most searched terms within LEGO technic viewing audience so that should be fine too.

- 178 likes vs 8 dislikes... so that's fine too.
-overal view time is in line with the rest.

It could be that the title or the thumbnail are not interesting enough...?
Or maybe youtube is punishing me for beheading a technic figure?  

The whole youtube algorithm is an enigma to me...

I wish I knew why it fails in comparison wit my other video's, at least then I could try to prevent it from happening again (frustrating).

Any one els here with a better understanding of youtube?

Edited by shadow_elenter

On 7/7/2018 at 5:28 PM, grum64 said:

I can’t decide if this is the product of a warped & twisted mind or a mad genius. Either way, I absolutely love it. Great work.

My money is on mad genius ?