Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[MOC] Mobile suit X-RAY³

X-RAY³ Mobile Suit

I'm back with another mech! The head takes after OXON, but overall I went with a more beastly vibe, somewhat inspired by Horizon Zero Dawn. I chose yellow because I had never really used it as a main colour before and for its association with danger and toxicity. Without further ado, let's get into the pictures and some backstory:

41432041470_eaa827b8ee_c.jpg

41432049090_97e68eea4c_c.jpg

X-RAY³  is a special assault-type mobile suit. It is a vicious firestarter, designed for aggressive surprise attacks that plunge the enemy into chaos. While rampaging with its multi-compound chemical blasters, its various sensory systems gather as much data within enemy territory as possible, before the main forces arrive. 

43192754082_fe270dd1a5_c.jpg

42337979425_9e71200036_c.jpg

The multi-compound blasters are like miniature chemical plants, producing a range of combustibles, acids and noxious gasses.

43192757982_30f224e971_c.jpg

41432144020_0b3e737930_c.jpg

28372806027_bb9b2f32ec_c.jpg

Opening hatches: LIDAR imaging sensors, cockpit and fuel cell compartment.

28372811227_74a9e33673_c.jpg

The fearless adrenaline junkie that pilots X-RAY. 

And that's it! I particularly enjoyed doing the chicken legs (with mechanical claws!) and head. The shoulders were challenging, I wanted to get those 45-year-old dual-moulded (?) doors in. The spinal neck was cool to do, but unfortunately the head pops off quite frequently when I try to pose it. I'm really happy with how the blasters turned out - it took lots of trial and error - although I wish they would have as much detail on the inside as the outside, since that side is exposed a lot when the blasters are facing outwards. On the whole, I like it very much. I'm already planning the next mobile suit in the line! 

Thanks for looking, I hope you like it! C&C always welcome! :sweet:

19 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful mech ...nice color amazing shape!

I love the arms with those guns!

Thanks, glad to hear that! :classic: