cubo

[MOC] IKEA Furniture Store

Hi everybody,

As LEGO and IKEA recently announced a collaboration, I thought this is a good time to present my IKEA furniture store MOC:

18638084965_91ae16659c_c.jpg

Maybe some people already now it from 1000steine.de (it was elected as MOC of the month in June 2013, so actually it is some years old now). Since then I just completed the parking lot as shown on the picture above. Most of the roof is open, so the you can follow the customers on their way through the store:

18450390050_67858511a4_c.jpg

At the entrance it will be clear what my small Puch 500 was built for:

18633399912_2b6070cd02_z.jpg

Starting with the classic Klippan couch

18633431632_802fafbf82_z.jpg

continuing with the legendary Billy shelf

18640330891_66858797fb_z.jpg

passing the Malm and Pax bedroom series

18633428842_649ac14ffd_z.jpg

on to the kids room.

18450330158_d720f9225d_z.jpg

And after (or in between) furniture shopping, a stop at the restaurant cannot be avoided

18633426652_767860792a_z.jpg

You can find more pictures in this Flickr album, including some of the areas you might be missing like kitchen, smaland (kids play area) or plants :wink:)

Best regards,

cubo

The attention to detail on this is amazing. The interior looks great. I especially like kids bunk bed and the Billy book shelves. Great work. :classic:

I always like seeing a lot of interior detail like this.  VERY well done!

...and it includes two double-decker couches!

Glad you present it in the forum. Its really awesome. So many cool interior ideas.:classic: :thumbup:

That's rad.  I love all of the details in here.  Loads of great furniture builds.

Nice work!

Very well done, makes me want to go there now, we actually just got an IKEA store here locally, just recently. Is that a two way escalator? 

I'm impressed with how well you captured the feel and the essential elements inside in a reasonably sized MOC (that is, not too outrageously huge as it easily could be)!  All the furniture builds are excellent and the arrangement and display of them is spot-on.  Great build!

Thanks to all for the friendly comments! In fact it was not easy to decide about the right size for this building, in the end I decided to skip the high rack warehouse before the cash desks (it is now in the covered part and therefore not visible - otherwise it would be clear that this part should be much bigger than it actually is)...

But this was a great possibility to build a lot of furniture in minifig-scale, and make it visible to exhibition visitors. And probably also worth mentioning: the revolving door at the main entrance is motorized - it seems like one of the most impressive things to a lot of people, because I really hear a lot at exhibitions: "Look! Even the door is moving!"...

18451887989_27e86c3bd7_z.jpg

Best regards,

cubo

That is awesome!! I love all the products you have on display and the colour choices are perfect. Even the car park with all the markings etc is spot on.

Excellent work!!

Man, that's so realistic! I already loved the exterior but I'm completely blown away with the interior! You really made me want to go to Ikea now! :grin_wub: 

A massive and beautiful build, although the aesthetic (American-inspired suburban big box sprawl) is very different from most Lego sets like the modulars.    As a result, it could be challenging to place in a display.

Well done. Since many people own Ikea furniture, it is interesting to see which pieces make it to being displayed in this smaller store. The Billy's and Malm are easily recognized (also my favourites in real life). I like some of the solutions used in the restaurant, like the grill tiles for the counters, the drink dispensers and pipes on the ceiling. 

On 7/10/2018 at 6:25 PM, CopperTablet said:

As a result, it could be challenging to place in a display.

Well, I think it works quite well if you place it a little bit aside the city center - just like the real thing   :wink:

Lebensraum2016_03small.JPG

I'd love to see you do some more suburban sprawl like this,  and connect it to the city center with a highway.   In America, I would envision something like a Chik-Fil-A or Target being adjacent to a place like this.

Beautifully executed! Easily recognizable and I have never been to an IKEA store or own anything from one. 

@CopperTablet that is a great idea. I would love to see that as well. 

Well, like I said before: it was a good chance for creating a lot of details - actually it was the first time that I also made some stickers like the staff shirts:

18640332751_383f723691_c.jpg

The store plan is from a real store (scanned, minimized and printed as sticker).

Wow! Love it! the look and feel is amazing. Spot on. I am not that experienced, so I can't figure out how you build the bunk bed, the Billys and other furniture. Would you like to share how you did it?