pantelis

[Moc] Black Falcons Castle

Hi to all old castle friends ,

this is my little Black Falcon Caste moc..i really love all this old castle minifigs.

I have to made a little castle for my black falcons so this is it,,,

41429689640_2d51a693f4_k.jpg

28370387457_ba2a374ed7_k.jpg

43239526021_3fa3ce6c83_k.jpg

43239525531_3b57edb4f7_k.jpg

42521114974_6ae7782d06_k.jpg

41429733440_bad07339c5_k.jpg

43239549161_57fd344a62_k.jpg

Too simple and undecorated in my opinion. You've also used too many wall bricks. The interior looks ok and the vegetation is also pretty neat. I like the trebuchet.

I like the retro-look. The castle (well, a fortified tower really, but a lot of castles started like that back in the day) is nicely shaped, but the way the rear is dropping looks a bit odd. I would keep the height the same all the way backwards.

Personally I don't mind the wall-elements that much. It works for the retro-look mentioned above and actually, I got a lot of those wall elements as well and plan on building one or two castles with them. With some brick-built parts as well. I think its a quite cost-effective way of building a castle that way and the plain look was actually not too uncommon on real castles in the middle ages. The rough stone walls we see today (and often very impressively replicated in medieval MOCs) were usually covered with plastering, which eroded away in the centuries since.

So all in all, I understand where jakbar's criticism comes from, but I wouldn't see it that harshly. Its a nicely laid-out castle/tower with a charming retro-vibe.:classic:

Edited by Littleworlds

I think it's got a very nice classic-castle.com look.  The wall pieces are fine for what it is for, especially if you have a limited collection of pieces.  I really like the portcullis a drawbridge, and the throwback catapult.

I think it's a lovely retro-inspired castle!  Certainly simple by "modern" castle standards, but for those old Black Falcon guys I think it's great.  Nice elements inside, and the base looks nice.  I also like the retro catapult.  I would agree that the way it tapers toward the back might be a little odd, and at first I assumed it was a ruined tower with the back/sides starting to crumble away, but now I'm thinking that was just for playability (so you can reach inside more easily)?  If the walls were full-height on the sides that would be a challenge, but what I would suggest for looks is to enclose the back (even just using more castle wall panels) and having it fold open like some of the old sets.

Nice little build - thanks for sharing!  :classic:

9 hours ago, jakbar said:

Too simple and undecorated in my opinion. You've also used too many wall bricks. The interior looks ok and the vegetation is also pretty neat. I like the trebuchet.

thanks jakbar for your feedback..i think all the 80s classic castles looks simple..

7 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I like the retro-look. The castle (well, a fortified tower really, but a lot of castles started like that back in the day) is nicely shaped, but the way the rear is dropping looks a bit odd. I would keep the height the same all the way backwards.

Personally I don't mind the wall-elements that much. It works for the retro-look mentioned above and actually, I got a lot of those wall elements as well and plan on building one or two castles with them. With some brick-built parts as well. I think its a quite cost-effective way of building a castle that way and the plain look was actually not too uncommon on real castles in the middle ages. The rough stone walls we see today (and often very impressively replicated in medieval MOCs) were usually covered with plastering, which eroded away in the centuries since.

So all in all, I understand where jakbar's criticism comes from, but I wouldn't see it that harshly. Its a nicely laid-out castle/tower with a charming retro-vibe.:classic:

one more time that you have  caught my feeling for my creation.i have to agree with the most of your comments and i just want to say that i am a boy of 80s and for sure the most sets of this years was playability.thanks for your feedback Littleworlds..:classic:

2 hours ago, deraven said:

I think it's a lovely retro-inspired castle!  Certainly simple by "modern" castle standards, but for those old Black Falcon guys I think it's great.  Nice elements inside, and the base looks nice.  I also like the retro catapult.  I would agree that the way it tapers toward the back might be a little odd, and at first I assumed it was a ruined tower with the back/sides starting to crumble away, but now I'm thinking that was just for playability (so you can reach inside more easily)?  If the walls were full-height on the sides that would be a challenge, but what I would suggest for looks is to enclose the back (even just using more castle wall panels) and having it fold open like some of the old sets.

Nice little build - thanks for sharing!  :classic:

thanks for this comments deraven..:classic: i was started to build it for fan and with the nostalgic years of my 80s sets..i will try some thinks of your feedback and i hope to come again with some new photos..i hope  you like it

7 hours ago, Grover said:

I think it's got a very nice classic-castle.com look.  The wall pieces are fine for what it is for, especially if you have a limited collection of pieces.  I really like the portcullis a drawbridge, and the throwback catapult.

thanks Grover for your good comments,,yes the wall pieces are only for this 80s castle sets..i make a lot of moc castles but this was the first  time that i enjoy all this classic panels..:classic:

14 hours ago, pantelis said:

one more time that you have  caught my feeling for my creation.i have to agree with the most of your comments and i just want to say that i am a boy of 80s and for sure the most sets of this years was playability.thanks for your feedback Littleworlds..:classic:

Welly thank you! I have grown up with 80s castles too, so I guess we speak the same language here indeed!:wink:

Edited by Littleworlds

19 minutes ago, scroggle said:

I like the vegetation area at the side of the castle.

Τhanks for watching my moc sroggle i hope you like it

Wow, I was ran over by a nostalgia bus!
Nice clean build, maybe a bit too mucn clean, but yeah, the 80's feel is strong!

18 hours ago, Aine said:

Wow, I was ran over by a nostalgia bus!
Nice clean build, maybe a bit too mucn clean, but yeah, the 80's feel is strong!

thanks Aine for your good comments..i hope you like it..:classic:

Really like the design on this castle. Have always been a huge fan of the simple, clean castle builds of the retro lego castle sets, and I feel this fits in very nicely alongside the Black Falcon's Fortress set.
Love the ramp on the interior as well.

54 minutes ago, Lodeman said:

Really like the design on this castle. Have always been a huge fan of the simple, clean castle builds of the retro lego castle sets, and I feel this fits in very nicely alongside the Black Falcon's Fortress set.
Love the ramp on the interior as well.

thank you very much for your feedback Lodeman..that i was to make..a simple castle for one of the  best sets in lego classic Black Falcons..i will update with an other moc castle for black falcons..:classic: