On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, Jim said:

Set Price (MSRP): £ 329.99 / $ 349.99 / € 369,99

Are you sure price in dollars is lower than in Euro?

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, Jim said:

This car has a proper 8 + R gearbox, which means that it has 8 forward gears and just a single reserve.

You mean reverse my friend.

10 minutes ago, Aleh said:

You mean reverse my friend.

It's one reserve, in case one of the gears fails :laugh: Thanks, corrected.

I noticed (with the help of a former ambassador, who's name shall not be mentioned) that I used cilinder instead of cylinder. 

52 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Are you sure price in dollars is lower than in Euro?

Yup. Well, it's info from the press release.

US $349.99 – CA $399.99 – FR 379.99€ – DE 369.99€ – UK £329.99 – DK 3199DKK

@All Thanks for the kind words. Writing a review, when the set is already available, can be kind of demotivating, but seeing the enthusiast posts with kind words is PRICELESS.
(don't get me wrong; I also love the posts from people who don't agree or have another opinion)

I fixed the heights of the interactive images. You will be able to see them now in Safari. Thanks for pointing it out. I already had forgotten about this issue.

Just complete the peer review of the review. Best of all I like your reasonings, @Jim! It was super interesting to read and watch after all pictures! Super quality! It worth waiting for it! 

Just now, Aleh said:

Just complete the peer review of the review. Best of all I like your reasonings, @Jim! It was super interesting to read and watch after all pictures! Super quality! It worth waiting for it! 

Thanks buddy!

Moved the Bugatti Media Kit to my Google Drive as well. So if you weren't able to download it, you can now. 

Thanks Jim for the awesome technical in-depth Technic review coverage. There are so much details and insights for this supercar model. Plus the fact, that you are there for the Fan Media event too. It helps to give some coverage on the event itself. Great work and appreciate all of the hardwork which you have put in. :thumbup: 

What an absolutely blasting in-depth review! :wub::thumbup:

You mentioned details I wasn't aware of they existed. :laugh:
There is one thing I would like to see, and I'm not sure if this has been covered somewhere else: A photo with both supercars next to each other? Pleeeaase? :blush:

Jim, thanks for an amazing review! I also appreciated the links to the downloadable media files but however the one from Bugatti seems to be corrupted. Many of the image files are corrupted. Do you mind reuploading them? 

Hi Jim, fantastic reviews on both the Bugatti and the Porsche, very well comprehensive review! Im glad the Porsche got my attention after my dark ages and was blown away by the details and the size of these Technic models. Great work on the photographing of the build process and the slideshow!

I love that Chiron USB leather case that was apart of the gift bag if thats what it is. 

On 7/6/2018 at 7:39 PM, Jim said:

SPOILER
Raising the spoiler with the key is a nice gimmick, but I'd rather have a lever in the interior. Or maybe, have it linked to a fake brake pedal. Or, as a middle ground, be able to insert the key somewhere else in the chassis/bodywork, instead of fiddling in the wheel arch.

I just uploaded a Youtube video demonstration of relocating the key slot closer to the drivers seat and more information on the Mods & Improvements thread. :classic:

1 minute ago, Ldon13 said:

I just uploaded a Youtube video demonstration of relocating the key slot closer to the drivers seat and more information on the Mods & Improvements thread. :classic:

Sweet! Great mod. That's exactly what I was referring to/thinking of.

4 hours ago, atomic80 said:

Jim, thanks for an amazing review! I also appreciated the links to the downloadable media files but however the one from Bugatti seems to be corrupted. Many of the image files are corrupted. Do you mind reuploading them? 

Hmmm. Let me see if I can fix this. Thanks for the heads-up.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Hmmm. Let me see if I can fix this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah if you try unzipping the 4.2 gb file, only .99 GB actually ends up intact. Some folders and their images are intact while others are corrupted. Like the photos from the Molsheim factory...

thanks again Jim!

1 hour ago, atomic80 said:

Yeah if you try unzipping the 4.2 gb file, only .99 GB actually ends up intact. Some folders and their images are intact while others are corrupted. Like the photos from the Molsheim factory...

I have re-uploaded the zip file. Can one of take a look?

Great review, Jim. Honestly, I love LEGO and it is all my dream when i was a kid but this set is too expensive. I just bought a fake LEGO from *** removed by MOD  and I have to admit that LEPIN surprised me. However, as I see it is the color of pieces are not similar and the structure is slightly loose. Also, I want to buy a set from LEGO to compare and review soon.

42273475_765416747127608_8108598839792893952_n.jpg

On 9/25/2018 at 6:11 AM, I_am_Groot said:

Great review, Jim. Honestly, I love LEGO and it is all my dream when i was a kid but this set is too expensive. I just bought a fake LEGO from *** and I have to admit that LEPIN surprised me. However, as I see it is the color of pieces are not similar and the structure is slightly loose. Also, I want to buy a set from LEGO to compare and review soon.

Hi. Thanks for the compliment. But please no clone brand discussions here. We focus on LEGO :wink: 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for this amazing review. Trick question for you: when pulling the paddle on the right side behind the wheel, we're supposed to go one gear up, correct? from 1 to 8th gear... In my model, when I pull the right side paddle, the gear goes down! From 8th to 1st...

Do you get the same ?

Thanks!

Just now, Gren_Patterson said:

I think this will my first kit.  :D

Hi, Welcome to EB!

You could do worst for a first set :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Gren_Patterson said:

:grin:

Is it overkill for a first one?

I am an Trainer for technicians and did some scale modelling. 

Wecome to Eurobricks.

I could answer your question but as you're new here I'll spare you my inane ramblings. Instead I'll let Tim dispense a few words of advice...

Sacasm331.jpg

Edited by grum64

Just now, grum64 said:

Wecome to Eurobricks.

I could answer your question but as you're new here I'll spare you my inane ramblings. Instead I'll let Tim dispense a few words of advice...

Sacasm331.jpg

??????