Great review Jim - thanks.  As always the photos are fantastic and it's really nice to see the model at different stages in the build process.

Fantastic review. 50/50 chance I will be picking this set up tomorrow (or just wait until the holiday season). At first, I was disappointed with the Porsche but then grew to love it.

Great reading for the morning coffee, thank You Jim! :thumbup: :classic:

I was coming for nice pictures :wub: and to read a nice story with some objectivity, I am not disappointed. 

Great review @Jim I’m glad you published it.

I really like the model and the build process, I think it took me a week of 2 hr stints to build mine but I was taking it slowly and being very OCD with it.

The W16 is unique to Bugatti for production cars but did appear in some concepts from other Group brands. You can get a W12 in other cars ;)

I still haven’t built the Porsche yet but from its looks alone I’d agree and put this above it, especially as I’m building the Porsche with the Eurobricks “official” basic mod pack for correcting the gearbox and drivetrain flaws.

For the colour I’m glad they did 2 tone blue, this is classic Bugatti, I couldn’t imagine Lego releasing a Ferrari model not in Red or Yellow so why would the Bugatti be any different.

My only negative on the models are I wish they had done a grey tube across the sill as opposed to the sticker and I don’t like the shaping I’ve the bonnet or outboard of the lamps by the front arch. But minor niggles for me really. The back end is just plain sexy, but then it is on the real thing too (having seen one in “the flesh”).

@Jim - I’m viewing this on my iPad (iOS 11.4) and your clicky pictures don’t appear I just get the “hands” instead.

Great review Jim - photos are stunning as per usual - really appreciate the time and effort you put in to them all. I'm really looking forward to your reviews of the rest of 2018H2.

I agree about leaving out the scoring - I never felt it really helped me decide on a set - rather the commentary was key.

Thanks again!

18 hours ago, Boulderer said:

One point that may need correction ... price per piece looks to be awry by a factor of 10?  Edit: For the £ and $ figures at least.

Those are mighty expensive parts in the US and UK :laugh:

19 hours ago, Danee said:

Very nice review, as always, Jim.

Did you see that the translated German text on page 20 is identical to the introduction text of box 2 on page 138?

TLG is very reliable when it comes to flaws in its Technic UCS sets :snicker: 

I can‘t understand that no one at TLG recognized it. I saw it instantly when i finished box 1, yesterday.  

Thanks. I need to take a look, because I am not sure what you mean :tongue:

14 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

P.S. The link for the 28z Clutch gear goes to the driving ring extension BL page.

Corrected, thanks!!

4 hours ago, eliminator said:

Fantastic review. 50/50 chance I will be picking this set up tomorrow (or just wait until the holiday season). At first, I was disappointed with the Porsche but then grew to love it.

Exactly the same for me!

1 hour ago, agrof said:

Great reading for the morning coffee, thank You Jim! :thumbup: :classic:

I was coming for nice pictures :wub: and to read a nice story with some objectivity, I am not disappointed. 

Thanks mate!

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

My only negative on the models are I wish they had done a grey tube across the sill as opposed to the sticker ...

@Jim - I’m viewing this on my iPad (iOS 11.4) and your clicky pictures don’t appear I just get the “hands” instead.

I absolutely agree on the stickers on the doors.

I remember having the same issue on my iPad a while ago. But the strange thing is that I don't use any unsupported components. I will look into it and hopefully find out why it isn't working.

Great, thorough review, while still keeping the word count low. Very impressive. And also, the pictures! You just want to buy one and get to fixing that suspension. :) Sadly, I can't even make myself buy the 42056 Porsche, which I want more than the Bugatti. :(

One thing I thought about when reading your review was the text explaining the picures are located above the picture and not below it, it felt awkward to me.

Edited by zoo

10 minutes ago, zoo said:

One thing I thought about when reading your review was the text explaining the picures are located above the picture and not below it, it felt awkward to me.

That’s a difficult matter. I usually tell something first, followed by a picture to show what I mean. So the picture is explaining the text, instead of the text explaining the picture. But I understand that it can be confusing. If more people feel this way, I can change it, but I have never had this comment. Thanks for the input though :thumbup: 

I normally do text and then picture. I think it’s a personal and perhaps cultural preference thing

23 hours ago, pagicence said:

Where? The link doesn't work.

The links have been added. Both Media Kits are downloadable. Some cool information in it.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I remember having the same issue on my iPad a while ago. But the strange thing is that I don't use any unsupported components. I will look into it and hopefully find out why it isn't working.

They don't work for me in Safari 11.1.1 either...

2 minutes ago, jfbat said:

They don't work for me in Safari 11.1.1 either...

Ahhh I remember it again. It was due to lack of height on the element. I will correct it tomorrow. Thanks.

It needs to be set explicitly.

On 7/6/2018 at 4:39 PM, Jim said:

The Frunk (front trunk) opens to reveil the Bugatti bag.

It should be "reveal" instead

Very Nice review @Jim. This set is perfect for display - to build it once and enjoy in it. As you Said one more for MODs (if financial situation alowes...)

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It should be "reveal" instead

Of course! Thankd

4 hours ago, Jim said:

The links have been added. Both Media Kits are downloadable. Some cool information in it.

Great stuff inside (especially the Bugatti one), thanks for sharing it!

12 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Great stuff inside (especially the Bugatti one), thanks for sharing it!

I see that the Bugatti link has been suspended due to traffic LoL. Need to move it to Google Drive.

Thanks for the review.

The question of price is not really a question as; of the 3600 parts, pins and other small, low production cost and high-volume parts make up about half. Sure there are panels, flex axles, new rims and a few printed parts but the pricing is based on premium packaging more than what you actually get to build. Then we also need to consider all the stickers.

Just compare with what you get when you buy BWE, Arocs or Rough Terrain Crane. And 370 euros is the CHEAPEST RRP - in some countries, Lego want 420 euros. That´s just crazy.

No wonder it hasn´t sold out in Europe, despite being an exclusive.

We can excuse some shortcomings but a premium price means people expect a premium product and that´s not really what we are getting - packaging, media launch and manuals aside.

Thanks for your great review,

My wife go the Porsche for me for Christmas in 2016.  I have since built it 3 times, well, I have a few more steps to finish it tomorrow and I appreciate and love that set every time.  I'm not a big super car guy, but I enjoy a great build and the genius behind technic sets.  Every review says that this Bugatti is better than the Porsche, and that's great.  The Porsche was great, so I'm excited to be building this for Christmas 2018.  My wife already knows I want it :)  P.S.  Happy wife is Happy life.

Excellent review Jim, this set is not for me, but your reviews are always a pleasure to read. 

Omg I love your pictures! You made the car extraordinarily stunning! Great review my friend.

Solid and informational as always. This tips the scale for me as a non-Technic builder to get the set anyway :thumbup:!