Bart

[SR - CH II - Cat A] Canoe Makers

The 7th Platoon (West Company) of the 1st Battalion Derr's Expeditionary Light Infantry has landed on the beaches of île d'Or and is marching towards Fatu Hiva. Near the town they come across a canoe maker. The Captain and Lieutenant start up a conversation with an Oleon Shipwright, while some of the soldiers with a native background strike up a conversation with the native craftsmen. 

42316118235_75c79abea5_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatA - Canoe makers at Fatu Hiva 2 by Bart, on Flickr

Captain Adolar Brickdottir: Why are you working on canoes if I may ask?
shipmaster: Because I want to hone my skills, they have ways to treat and work wood I do not know, I like to add those skills so I can make better ships in the future.
Captain: Not to be to direct, but what is going on in the woods?
Shipmaster: Unfortunately I do not know, I arrived here just a week before you did, all I got where evasive answers of everybody involved.
Lieutenant: And what where those answers?
Shipmaster: All that enter there, *vaguely gestering into the woods* die. 
Captain: Thank you for your help.

42501875724_7d0213b01d_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatA - Canoe makers at Fatu Hiva by Bart, on Flickr

(OC: I tried my hand at a forced perspective by base plate shape. I hope it works in the above two renders, the one below isfrom another angle so it doesnt work there)

28361456347_2e291b947f_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatA - Canoe makers at Fatu Hiva 4 by Bart, on Flickr

Soldier: Greetings great master
Native craftsman: Hello to you to mighty warrior
Soldier: How is buisness going?
Craftsman: Good, there is high demand on my canoe's for the pearl diving. But unfortunatly this will be the last one I make. Nobody wants to go into the Jungle anymore to fell the big trees I use the trunks off.
Soldier: That is unfortunate, why is it that they are unlikely to get them trees?
Craftsman's his eyes shoot left and right, weighing what he should tell: uilebheist uabhasach has been awaken. 
Soldier: Any idea how to put that back to sleep?
The craftsman made a vague gesture with his axe, those blue fanatics have angered the gods. 

29359902438_836890384b_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatA - Canoe makers at Fatu Hiva 5 by Bart, on Flickr

Enjoy!

Hmmm, I have the same kind of beach idea... Great build Bart! I like all the little details and the WIP canoe was a great idea!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Nicely done, mate, I'm liking the depiction of the canoe-carving process - very clever!  The smooth angles against the beach are great as well :thumbup:

3 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Hmmm, I have the same kind of beach idea... Great build Bart! I like all the little details and the WIP canoe was a great idea!

You are more then welcome to give it a try! I might learn again from your experiment. 

50 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Nicely done, mate, I'm liking the depiction of the canoe-carving process - very clever!  The smooth angles against the beach are great as well :thumbup:

Thank you. 

It's the canoe carving that started this, the perspective with the angles grew around it. 
But most of all, I'm happy to finally get an idea for an cat-A, moving on to cat-B where I've an idea for all along, now see if I can get it in brick. 

Much to like! It is quite and easy build but you managed to make it lively by adding nice minifigs and all of the different animals! 

8 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Much to like! It is quite and easy build but you managed to make it lively by adding nice minifigs and all of the different animals! 

Thank you, looking back I should've done more on the leveling of the baseplate. creating another step up halfway the beach and another one on the jungle edge would've given it a better look to start with, 

It's just the order I build things digitally, the final shape of the base is one of the last things getting done. 

8 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Love the fire on the canoe the perspective works too

Thank you, 

Nice build, the oblique baseplate is quite original, the vegetation looks good, and I like your representation of the manufacture process of the canoe.

6 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice build, the oblique baseplate is quite original, the vegetation looks good, and I like your representation of the manufacture process of the canoe.

Thanks, i'm quit happy with how the greenery came out aswell. when working on it it looked too open, but now on the renders it appear to be a dense jungle edge I was aiming at.