I would like to present a 1:24 scale model of one of the largest bulldozers in the world, Caterpillar D11T.

Features of the model:
- Planetary subtractor for simple control of driving and steering;
- Automatic track tensioning;
- Remotely controlled driving and steering, blade and ripper operation plus motorized access ladder;
- Complete set of lights.

41410524590_70f5aff672_c.jpg

The whole mining crew so far:

39492945214_375afbd380_n.jpg 39625940185_9bb6f29f69_n.jpg 41410524590_70f5aff672_n.jpg

Thank you for your attention!

Edited by sheo

Cat 11 bulldozer model looks good, but I think Cat 979 dumptruck is out of scale

Super clean build, it captures all of the shapes and details of the real vehicle very well. Also interesting usage of the subtractor, it would be rather easy to change both of the inputs to one side, rather than the 90° drive you showed. 

Very nice build! :thumbup: The details without the 'normal' bricks are absolutely amazing! And it's so strong *huh*

Too impressive! One of the best combination of technic and system parts. Plenty of body's details make model absolutely great! I really like how blade is built and track tensioning system. Never seen that absolutely genius subtractor!

I've never seen such a detailed and at the same time so well-functioning model!!!

The same is true for the other models!

Really a good job! Keep it up!

Incredible model! It's appearance is fantastic, one of the best I've ever seen, AND it has all the proper working functions!

One the track tensioner, is the sprocket sliding on the gray part, or is the gray part sliding backwards with it?

Once again, another really insane build from you! I love the sheer amount of detail you put into these MOCs, and how the functionality is so invisible and compact yet successful.

Wow! Absolutely incredible! So detalized. so complex! Planetary drive/steering system is perfect!

Amazing!

Thanks for the comments everyone! :blush:

17 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I think Cat 979 dumptruck is out of scale

Sure, they are built in different scales.

16 hours ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

Also interesting usage of the subtractor, it would be rather easy to change both of the inputs to one side, rather than the 90° drive you showed. 

That orientation was better for the demonstration.

13 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

One the track tensioner, is the sprocket sliding on the gray part, or is the gray part sliding backwards with it?

The former.

But they are really nice despite that dumptruck is a bit to small...

On 7/6/2018 at 4:02 PM, I_Igor said:

dump truck is a bit to small...

The size of these giant machines can be so deceiving. I was planning to build a wheel loader at the same scale as the dozer, but when I started calculating the dimensions, it appeared that a model of Cat 994K would be 30 x 105 x 37 studs which is a bit too much. :cry_sad:

40 minutes ago, sheo said:

The size of these giant machines can be so deceiving. I was planning to build a wheel loader at the same scale as the dozer, but when I started calculating the dimensions, it appeared that a model of Cat 994K would be 30 x 105 x 37 studs which is a bit too much. :cry_sad:

I am building a Caterpillar 990 and you can see that the size would be smaller, being a 994 the final dimensions would be even smaller because that machine has bigger wheels in proportion.

13 hours ago, Moran said:

any chance for instructions ?

Unfortunately, creating instructions for such complex models like these would require a lot of time and effort, which seems unreasonable considering the low overall interest to my creations.

14 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I am building a Caterpillar 990 and you can see that the size would be smaller, being a 994 the final dimensions would be even smaller because that machine has bigger wheels in proportion.

Exactly! Even the Claas tires are far from this scale. So unfortunately the dozer will be left without a company. :sad:

10 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

This is a beautiful build...a lot of attention to detail. We all love that!!

Thanks!