LEGO RC Fiat Panda 4x4

The Fiat Panda is an Italian utility car created for all needs. It's known for its simplicity but above all for its ability to do almost everything.

28343248067_4a605ab707_c.jpg

The 4x4 version, despite the 50 hp, is capable of climbing on various types of terrain, in fact it is also used for trials (just change the wheels).

43162675592_ab14227562_c.jpg

I wanted to create it in a small offroad version. The design is quite similar to the real model even if with some difference like the roof.

42493989204_80469d23c9_c.jpg

LEGO RC Fiat Panda 4x4

I added a front bumper with 2 PF Lights, very useful for night rides, and a winch (you can see how it works at the end of the video).

28343257857_0218a549e1_c.jpg

1 PF L Motor for propulsion with a 2 speed gearbox and a 4x4 transmission without differential (I added a second reinforcement gear in the rear axle).

42308391465_b5e01be047_c.jpg

The gearbox is compact and strong enough and the winch system is connected to it. The total gear ratio is: First Gear 1:3.33; Second Gear 1:1.67.

28343517557_495a668325_c.jpg

41402612690_44f5f26be8_c.jpg

Pendular suspension for good stability on rough terrain, even if the model is not high enough to work properly :(.

The rear opening hatch and the small trailer are good for transporting small loads.

The old model was very squarish and very low so I had to revise it more carefully.

42493992934_540cae9744_c.jpg

43162934762_ca6bc0bb95_c.jpg

Edited by CrisGarage

Nice try but you should use the tires from 42024 set.

Do you plan to improve the ground clearence ? It is a big issue for such a vehicule.

58 minutes ago, pagicence said:

This is really, really cool little car. And the trailer is just spot on.

Thank you!

I wanted to add another motor to the trailer but the Sbrick was full.

49 minutes ago, Nebulaire said:

Nice try but you should use the tires from 42024 set.

Do you plan to improve the ground clearence ? It is a big issue for such a vehicule.

I tried with those but the vehicle then becomes lower (even if they are much nicer).

You're right, but if the vehicle height increases too much, the wheels will have a very negative caster angle.

Realy like it. The car and the trailer with heavy load is just impresive only with one L motor.

Hello, thanks for sharing such amazing model, nice work stacking so many functions in such small space, i really like the scale of it, and the axles, suspension and the winch make it even cooler.

4 hours ago, 9 fingers said:

Realy like it. The car and the trailer with heavy load is just impresive only with one L motor.

Thanks!

It was the goal for this model.

4 hours ago, Imanol BB said:

Hello, thanks for sharing such amazing model, nice work stacking so many functions in such small space, i really like the scale of it, and the axles, suspension and the winch make it even cooler.

Thank you! I worked a lot and I had some problems with the gearbox because it didn't hold the effort, but with some changes I managed to make it work properly.