Sign in to follow this  
Benny benny BENNY

Lego 60169 - cargo terminal with lego 60052 -cargo train

Hello 

i got the cargo train for fathers day and was looking at the cargo terminal to go with it 

has anybody done this ?? 

Are the pallets compatible?? 

Excited for my first train and hoping its the first of many 

Edited by Benny benny BENNY
Correct fat finger typing

Welcome to the expensive wonderful world of LEGO trains! I'm sure you'll love it, even if your wallet doesn't. :grin:

I believe that the pallets are compatible, in that they're both LEGO. The 60169 pallets are the standard 4x6 studs, whereas 60052 has slightly over-sized 4x8. However, the smaller ones will sit on the train easily, and a minor modification (removing the slope pieces inside) will allow both sizes to fit in the containers. If you take a few more parts off the wagons, you could probably put the containers straight onto it as well. The ability to change anything you like is the beauty of LEGO.

Incidentally, the entire containers from 60169 are fully compatible with those in the new-for-2018 60198 Cargo Train, so you might want to consider that set too. The only thing is the power functions (batteries & remote controls) aren't the same between 60052 and 60198, but everything else will work together perfectly.

Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your trains, and that you'll stick around and share what you create.

On 7/4/2018 at 4:51 PM, Benny benny BENNY said:

Thanks Guys I ordered it and will be getting it tomorrow just lucky my wife is a total 1 x 5 and she gets shoes I get lego were very understanding to each other 

You mean she's one of these?

32124.png

They're just curvy on the ends (grin, couldn't resist).