Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Builder

War Memorial Statue

It's nice, but the sword looks a little incongruous with the backpack and the helmet - add a rifle and it'll be perfect!

Dr. S.

I agree with Dr. S. But besides that, it looks great. The can head actually looks pretty good, in my opinion. It reminds me of when you see soldiers with those oversized-looking helmets.

Nice job

--Faramir

So Doctor Sinister, I did what you said. But I didn't use a rifle because they only come in dark gray. Like the technique I used for the flag?

I think he looked better without the flag, it looks a little to big for him to hold and so makes the entire thing look out of poportion. Plus the fact that a grey head peice word work alot better, but you say you dont have one so it can't be helped.

i suggest making the flag a little smaller or place it behind the soldier. ;-)

I got the idea from the soldiers raising the flag in Hiroshima, but a much smaller flag that 1 man could place on a captured territory. Just think, in a city (which I yet need to build) it could be a hero that came from the city. So the flag isn't all bad.

I got the idea from the soldiers raising the flag in Hiroshima, but a much smaller flag that 1 man could place on a captured territory. Just think, in a city (which I yet need to build) it could be a hero that came from the city. So the flag isn't all bad.

Im not saying the flag is bad mate I just think that it maybe better off behind him or if he is carrying it a little smaller *sweet*

Ah, well I'm not offended, it's just that it is a statue, remember, so why would the flag be behind him. But thanks for the feedback.

Good point about the rifle I forgot the colour difference.

The flag looks good - on a real statue they might even hang a real flag from the pole, just a thought - could make it look more dramatic? I'm not sure...

The head looks fine to me as well, I didn't mention it earlier as I didn't think it was a major issue.

Just one minor thought, if this guy was running, the flag would be pointing backwards because of the breeze, if it were me I'd turn it backwards, but other than that it makes me want to have my own statue in Tabletown!

Dr. S.

I just like both versions.... a very nice work. Hmm.... I never saw that backpack piece before.... 8-|

That's pretty good I have to say. And I just want to ask, does anyone else know how to make the flag like I did? 8-|

A 2x3 1/3 brick and one of them stud clip things?

Anyway, that's pretty neat, the base of the statue looks good too. *y*

~Peace