obijon

MINI Eravana Baleen-Class Freighter (Ep. VII) V.2

Hi again everyone

Carrying on from the Kessel Run Millennium Falcon I thought I would show off Han's other ship from Ep. VII the Eravana.  

I have been working on this model for quite some time.  It was quite a tricky build, especially the lattice cargo section, but every ship is there to at least be attempted in LEGO is it not? 

It is not often in this scale that you get to do a modular build but this little model was built in 3 sections.  The front, cargo and engine sections are all separate little builds.  Once I decided how the overall model was held together (by click hinges) this idea fell in to place.  The engine section was finished pretty quickly and the front section soon followed including opening cargo door and even some cargo and a Micro MF inside if you can spot it?   

What took the majority of the time time was the centre cargo section, specifically the top half.  It went through a number of versions until I could finally get the 4 rows of cargo the same distance apart.  It looks simple but there are quite a few headlight bricks and jumper plates to space them correctly. It is probably too thick but this comes from having to connect it to the other sections at the right height and distance to the other two parts.  At the back the connection is 3 studs high;  plate, jumper plate to reduce the gap and the hinge plate.  Sometimes building in this scale you can't get everything spot on and have to sacrifice certain things.  

I have now updated the centre section.  I have bowed to popular opinion with the colour of the freight and the centre section is also a complete rebuild.  It is now built upside down and the top is connected with brackets.  This has overall reduced the height of the centre section by a whole brick!  I think I was over complicating the first version and once I decided on using the brackets it became much cleaner and simpler.  

I am now happy with how this turned out.  The bridge is a bit large but there is no smaller piece so if anyone has any suggestions.  I took a bit of artistic license on the bridge but the location is correct according to the incredible cross sections.

I hope you like it.

Jon

eravanafreighter1.jpgeravanafreighter2.jpgeravanafreighter3.jpgeravanafreighter4.jpgeravanafreighter7.jpgeravanafreighter6.jpg

And on display planets style with Old Han

eravanafreighterdisplay.jpg

You can see the old version with the thick freight section and how the model is split in to 3 modules below:

eravanamodules.jpgeravanaold.jpg

and a link to the entire Force Awakens gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=574528

Edited by obijon
UPDATED MODEL

no offense but I personnally don't like it, the colour choice and shape are not good

You did a good job with the overall shape, though I think the middle section is a bit too thick.  I might mix in a few non-primary colors too, but that's more personal preference than anything else.  All-in-all, well done.

thanks for the feedback.  I have addressed the height of the cargo section in the main post as I would imagine this would be a re-occurring comment.  This was not the easiest build I have ever done by a long way.

As for the colours from the source material red and blue look like the right colours.  I didn't have enough red and blue pieces at the time  so i used yellow as well.  I might take out the yellow if I can find some more blue or order some from BL when I make my next order.

Image result for eravana

Edited by obijon

This is a hard ship to pull off at this scale, and you've done a really nice job.  I do think that if you used more subdued colors for the cargo, maybe dark blue and dark red, it would look a bit more like Hans ship as it appeared in episode vii, but your current version could just represent another cargo load.  

Thanks again. it certainly isn't the easiest ship to build at this scale.  I am waiting on a BL order so I hope to post a revised middle section in the next week or so.