Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes it is and technically 10026 Naboo Starfighter and 10186 General Grievous. Even the Darth Maul bust makes the UCS cut. But those last three were 10, 16 and 17 years ago now and the Naboo Starfighter especially would not be considered detailed enough now for a UCS. Even 10215 Jedi Starfighter was 8 years ago now so it does seem like time for a prequel UCS.

I don't disagree with that. The backlash amongst certain fan groups towards the sequels does seem to have placed the prequels in a new light and the kids of that era are now older and have the disposable income to take advantage of large Lego sets as well as things such as Hot Toys figures. I was replying to this line 'the fact that we've had literally no UCS from the prequel trilogy'.

I do also think though that the OT is a safer bet for the larger sets. Prequel and sequel toy ranges can be hit and miss with sales but OT items are always popular. In some other toy lines sequel products are shelf warmers. They hugely over-estimated demand and that has left a massive amount of stock unsold. The prequels are getting some love now though... I can see it happening in the next couple of years. Whether that be a UCS set or a Master Builder set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I don't disagree with that. The backlash amongst certain fan groups towards the sequels does seem to have placed the prequels in a new light and the kids of that era are now older and have the disposable income to take advantage of large Lego sets as well as things such as Hot Toys figures. I was replying to this line 'the fact that we've had literally no UCS from the prequel trilogy'.

I do also think though that the OT is a safer bet for the larger sets. Prequel and sequel toy ranges can be hit and miss with sales but OT items are always popular. In some other toy lines sequel products are shelf warmers. They hugely over-estimated demand and that has left a massive amount of stock unsold. The prequels are getting some love now though... I can see it happening in the next couple of years. Whether that be a UCS set or a Master Builder set.

Oh I know I wasn't disagreeing with you; you were absolutely right. I was simply adding that, even with the UCS Jedi Starfighter, a prequel UCS does seem overdue. And I think there are some prequel ships that would have got a lot of love as a UCS anyway before the sequel backlash; a UCS Republic Gunship say. But I totally understand what you mean about the OT being a safer bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Oh I know I wasn't disagreeing with you; you were absolutely right. I was simply adding that, even with the UCS Jedi Starfighter, a prequel UCS does seem overdue. And I think there are some prequel ships that would have got a lot of love as a UCS anyway before the sequel backlash; a UCS Republic Gunship say. But I totally understand what you mean about the OT being a safer bet.

Actually... thinking about that. I was always leaning towards things that have the 10XXX set number sequence being a UCS set (well every other UCS set has it) so the drop ship and AT-OT could edge into that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Robianco said:

Actually... thinking about that. I was always leaning towards things that have the 10XXX set number sequence being a UCS set (well every other UCS set has it) so the drop ship and AT-OT could edge into that too.

I was thinking that as a half MBS/UCS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love more clone trooper variations, especially for the phase II armor.

327th Star Corps.
501st Legion.
21st Nova Corps. (Galactic Marines)
442nd Siege Battalion.
Commander Doom's unit. 

It would also be nice to see more armor variations like a heavy trooper, arc trooper, clone gunner etc.

Edited by Cyberfounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of chat on the Set Discussion thread about moulded creatures...

The one iconic creature that's obviously overdue is the Bantha, but I'm sure that will be released sooner or later.

Other than that, there's the Acklay, Nexu and Reek from AOTC - a Master Builder Geonosis Arena set in 2022 perhaps ;)

A re-release of the Boga from ROTS.

It's a shame the Rathtar's body wasn't moulded (I would of been more inclined to buy the set!), but that ship's probably sailed now.

The only 'big figure' I can think of is Grummgar from TFA - would love to see a set inside Maz's castle with him and Bazine Netal included. Possibly Ephant Mon from ANH, but I'll eat my hat if that ever appears!

That's all that really stands out from the films...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 8:12 PM, ThousandMoon said:

Lots of chat on the Set Discussion thread about moulded creatures...

The one iconic creature that's obviously overdue is the Bantha, but I'm sure that will be released sooner or later.

Other than that, there's the Acklay, Nexu and Reek from AOTC - a Master Builder Geonosis Arena set in 2022 perhaps ;)

A re-release of the Boga from ROTS.

It's a shame the Rathtar's body wasn't moulded (I would of been more inclined to buy the set!), but that ship's probably sailed now.

The only 'big figure' I can think of is Grummgar from TFA - would love to see a set inside Maz's castle with him and Bazine Netal included. Possibly Ephant Mon from ANH, but I'll eat my hat if that ever appears!

That's all that really stands out from the films...

I'd also throw in a Ronto and Eopie. Both would be a great addition to Tatooine displays, although the Bantha still takes priority.

The Kaadu could also use an update as its been 18 years since it last came out and the original figure is fairly outdated now compared to the printed animals/creatures we see these days.

And I'm hoping a potential Master Builder Geonosis Arena set will come out a lot sooner than 2022. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wesker said:

I'd also throw in a Ronto and Eopie.

You can imagine an Eopie being represented in an Obi-Wan anthology, should it ever transpire, so who knows!?

I’d file the Ronto with Ephant Mon tho I reckon ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ironman66 said:

1.Hoth Luke

2.Death Star Trooper

3.Darth Vader

4.Han Solo

5.Princess Leia

More and more.......

Is this a list you think is imminent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TLC has gotten to the point where they've made (to me anyway) a surprisingly large number of different Star Wars figures. I've been wanting them to do all the ones I had from Kenner in LEGO form, and they're getting close to completing that list. However, there are a few that I want them to update/and or make that still haven't seen the light of day.

My top 10 are (in no specific order):

- New Admiral Ackbar

- Nien Nunb (molded head)

- Hammerhead (ok, I know there exists an Ithorian figure, but it's not quite the Hammerhead from the cantina)

- New Biker scout, with flesh heads and black visor part of the helmet, not the head. And preferably arm printing.

- Wicket. Still think the latest version of Wicket is a bit inaccurate.

- Ponda Baba (molded head). Just love that orange jacket and the weird head.

- Squidhead. One of Jabba's goons, which still doesn't exist in Lego.

- Zuckuss. The missing bounty hunter.

- Aunt Beru. We've had Owen twice. Time for auntie to shine.

- New Mon Mothma. 

I was very disappointed that the new Bespin set didn't have a new hair mold for Leia in Bespin outfit. The figure was fine, but the hair needs an update. 

Plus, technically not a mini figure as such. But wouldn't mind a new mold for Han in Carbonite with updated hair. 

 

Fortunately, every time I write a wanted list for new Star Wars Lego minifigs, I don't have to wait that long. Eventually they get to most of them :-)

Edited by snoozle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the personally anticipated remake of the rebel fleet trooper in the 4+ TIE Fighter set I really want a remake of Captain Antilles to lead a squad of troopers. I also want a remake of the Yavin IV celebration Luke that uses the medal mold so we can have an EU comics Luke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else think that it is rather disrespectful not only to the character of Leia, but also to the late Carrie Fisher herself, that we have not yet got an Ep 8 minifigure of Leia yet? I could understand waiting for the second wave of Force Awakens sets for an Ep 7 Leia minifigure as she was only a 'side' character in that film really, but in Ep 8 she was just as prominent as a lot of characters. If Lego was not sure of her role or design in time for wave 1, she could have easily come with the second wave of LJ sets such as in the Crait Speeder set.

I'm really hoping Lego will surprise us in 2019 with a set featuring her (I know she has been rumoured to come in the transport set that has been rumoured for so long, but still not appeared) as her absence is rather conspicuous in my opinion.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Does anyone else think that it is rather disrespectful not only to the character of Leia, but also to the late Carrie Fisher herself, that we have not yet got an Ep 8 minifigure of Leia yet? I could understand waiting for the second wave of Force Awakens sets for an Ep 7 Leia minifigure as she was only a 'side' character in that film really, but in Ep 8 she was just as prominent as a lot of characters. If Lego was not sure of her role or design in time for wave 1, she could have easily come with the second wave of LJ sets such as in the Crait Speeder set.

I'm really hoping Lego will surprise us in 2019 with a set featuring her (I know she has been rumoured to come in the transport set that has been rumoured for so long, but still not appeared) as her absence is rather conspicuous in my opinion.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Have also been quite surprised at the lack of a Last Jedi Leia. In spite of some other areas of the film that weren't too good, I really loved Leia's story in the film and thought it was a good way for her to go out. 

In terms of the sets that could include her, I am thinking either the Raddus in the form of a large ship or small playset in some way such as the dorsal bridge or the ventral bridge's briefing chamber, or the lifeboat. The Raddus-themed set would hopefully be her costume from the first act. I think in either form of set, it would be a good opportunity to also include Commander D'Acy. Was also very fond of her in the film. The lifeboat would only really make sense to include her Crait outfit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15 November 2018 at 10:31 AM, snoozle said:

TLC has gotten to the point where they've made (to me anyway) a surprisingly large number of different Star Wars figures. I've been wanting them to do all the ones I had from Kenner in LEGO form, and they're getting close to completing that list. However, there are a few that I want them to update/and or make that still haven't seen the light of day.

My top 10 are (in no specific order):

- New Admiral Ackbar

- Nien Nunb (molded head)

- Hammerhead (ok, I know there exists an Ithorian figure, but it's not quite the Hammerhead from the cantina)

- New Biker scout, with flesh heads and black visor part of the helmet, not the head. And preferably arm printing.

- Wicket. Still think the latest version of Wicket is a bit inaccurate.

- Ponda Baba (molded head). Just love that orange jacket and the weird head.

- Squidhead. One of Jabba's goons, which still doesn't exist in Lego.

- Zuckuss. The missing bounty hunter.

- Aunt Beru. We've had Owen twice. Time for auntie to shine.

- New Mon Mothma. 

I was very disappointed that the new Bespin set didn't have a new hair mold for Leia in Bespin outfit. The figure was fine, but the hair needs an update. 

Plus, technically not a mini figure as such. But wouldn't mind a new mold for Han in Carbonite with updated hair. 

 

Fortunately, every time I write a wanted list for new Star Wars Lego minifigs, I don't have to wait that long. Eventually they get to most of them :-)

Has anyone made a check list of how many minifigures are needed to complete the vintage Kenner card back of 92 figures?

Based on a quick scan I think it's around 15, and your list would tick off another five

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squidhead
Hammerhead (If we're not including the Ithorian Jedi)
Snaggletooth
Blue Snaggletooth
Ponda Baba
Klaatu (both versions)
Prune Face
8D8
Nien Nunb
Imperial Dignitary
Amanaman
Nikto
Luke Endor (Need a light flesh version)
Zuckuss
Force Ghost Anakin

I'm working on the fact we can make the second version of the Bespin Guard with parts already available. Lego have done 8 Ewoks and there are 8 Kenner Ewoks and I've swapped Barada for Kithaba as they look very similar.
 

Edited by Robianco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 9:00 PM, Renown said:

Have also been quite surprised at the lack of a Last Jedi Leia. In spite of some other areas of the film that weren't too good, I really loved Leia's story in the film and thought it was a good way for her to go out.

 

I don't doubt we'll get more Luke and Leia versions from the sequels at some point. But the fact that they are using them in such a limited way is very odd. We are getting big quantities of relatively dull rebel and FO soldiers, a huge variety of good looking, but also very alike pilots - but they waited 2 years(!) to give us a Luke figure - and even then we got it in the 2nd(!!) TLJ wave. We never got the figure from the "epic scene", or a 2nd Leia in any scene. Could have thrown them in any 2nd+ wave set without causing spoilers.

How much more attractive would the Crait set have been, if it included an exclusive Leia figure? I cannot understand the decision to have these popular charactes absent, but still produce them every year in already known forms (EPIV Luke etc.)
My only explanation would be tactical interference from LucasFilms. To not push characters that are written down or out or whatever reason. Any other theories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents, is there any site that you recommend for someone that would like to collect SW minifigures? I saw there is a bricklink database, but if someone has something more developped or even a dedicated website that would be welcome! cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, G59 said:

Gents, is there any site that you recommend for someone that would like to collect SW minifigures? I saw there is a bricklink database, but if someone has something more developped or even a dedicated website that would be welcome! cheers

I use Brickset to keep a track of mine and you can see a list of all available figures and what sets they came in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 4:56 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

We never got the figure from the "epic scene", or a 2nd Leia in any scene. Could have thrown them in any 2nd+ wave set without causing spoilers.

Totally agree! I know TLG often like to reserve the most sought after minifigs for the most expensive sets, but were they to do a “Laser Sword Crait Face Down” set in the $30 price bracket, including Luke, Leia, and Kylo Ren, then it would pretty much fly off the shelves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see others want to see more of Luke and Leia from TLJ. They're the two characters I'd like to see released from that movie the most (preferably in both costumes). As mentioned the Crait versions would be easy to pull off in the Lightsaber Dual and Lifeboat sets.

Another cheap Ahch-To set based on the tree this time would be a good way to release a Jedi Exile Luke (as well as Force Ghost Yoda, Caretakers and jacket-less Rey) although it's unlikely to happen until the current set with Luke's hut is retired first.

The Raddus could be designed at a similar price and scale to the Malevolence and Rebel Combat Frigate. It's a set I'd definitely like to see and the perfect place for Leia's first costume during D'Qar's evacuation. Another option could be for her to be included as an extra in a Resistance A-Wing set, much like Lando was in the most recent ROTJ version.
 

On 12/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, Garmetrowolf said:

What about 7th Sister? It would be nice to complete the set of Inquisitors that appeared in Rebels.

Unfortunately I think they've missed the chance to release her in anymore Rebels sets. Would be great if she showed up in some other form of media like an anthology film or one of the live action TV shows which would increase her chances of being made. She would be a great minifigure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.