Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

Leia in her TLJ outfit is a must, she looks very stylish in that movie

On 6/9/2020 at 11:59 AM, Redroe said:

As for the rest, a master builder style Cantina or Jabba's palace would do the trick nicely.

Well, what do you know...

On 7/28/2020 at 4:47 AM, Redroe said:

Well, what do you know...

-Dexter Jettser, 22 BBY :laugh:

You called it! I hope we get garidan and some of the classic kenner ones like hammerhead (ithorian), snaggletooth, etc.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

-Dexter Jettser, 22 BBY :laugh:

You called it! I hope we get garidan and some of the classic kenner ones like hammerhead (ithorian), snaggletooth, etc.

I snagged an Ithorian head on bricklink and stuck it on a plain blue torso... like the old Kenner fig :laugh:

7 hours ago, Redroe said:

I snagged an Ithorian head on bricklink and stuck it on a plain blue torso... like the old Kenner fig :laugh:

Does he look like he's not wearing pants, too? :laugh:

Those kenner figures were great, I love the greedo that's wearing a green suit for some reason.

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does he look like he's not wearing pants, too? :laugh:

Those kenner figures were great, I love the greedo that's wearing a green suit for some reason.

Yeah he's got a funny little blue leotard thing on and long stringy brown legs, haha!  There was a local corner shop who had a bunch of the vintage figs in a cardboard box, £2 a pop. A significant number of years older than I am. 

That would be a great limited run of Star Wars CMFs. Printed in the old Kenner style. Obi Wan with a weird orange and black robe! Give them yellow heads for real nostalgia.

3 hours ago, Redroe said:

That would be a great limited run of Star Wars CMFs. Printed in the old Kenner style. Obi Wan with a weird orange and black robe! Give them yellow heads for real nostalgia.

I think @Ashnflash drew up something similar, I believe it was sequel, Clone Wars, and mandalorian characters in the classic style.

Kenner style figures would be amazing though. I wonder if the cantina set will have some of the classic kenner ones styled like the original figures. They'd make good polybags too. Or better yet, let's have the next may the fourth be luke or vader based on mcquarrie's concept art, the one where luke has a yellow lightsaber and a mask and vader has a blue sabar.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think @Ashnflash drew up something similar, I believe it was sequel, Clone Wars, and mandalorian characters in the classic style.

Kenner style figures would be amazing though. I wonder if the cantina set will have some of the classic kenner ones styled like the original figures. They'd make good polybags too. Or better yet, let's have the next may the fourth be luke or vader based on mcquarrie's concept art, the one where luke has a yellow lightsaber and a mask and vader has a blue sabar.

That's a great idea!

In terms of Kenner style figures, the Cantina could do both a blue and red Snaggletooth for the simple fact that they are much more subtle compared to turquoise bathing suit Hammerhead and Green Greedo. Plus if they went with a moulded head they could get two uses out of it (They could also get by with prints better than some aliens). While there are other Cantina aliens that appeal to me more, Snaggletooth being part of the Kenner line catapults them pretty high.

While he's easily made from existing parts, I cannot believe it's been over 20 years since we've seen an official Endor Luke. I made one from final duel Luke and an extra Leia Poncho, but Luke's poncho is really quite different than Leia's. The bike just got a significant update in the 2020 AT-AT, maybe something will come soon.

If you look up the 1999 minifig line up the only figs to not be remade and updated (ignoring Pit Droid variants), are Endor Luke and Gasgano.

Edited by Archer

I'd love to see some more alien figures made in the style of Garindan, with a neck bracket of sorts that has additional face details. Allows for more customization through addition of hoods, helmets, and hats, and I also suspect it's less costly than an entirely new head mould

Edited by Makin Bacon

So a hypothetical scenario here. Should there be an opportunity for additional cantina patrons in the future (expansions, advent calendars, battlepacks, polybags, CMFs etc) - who are the characters that should take priority next?

Do you prefer they are all based on specific characters from the cantina scene or are you happy with just having generic representations of the alien species (i.e. a generic Gotal over Feltipern Trevagg)?

And in the case of Snaggletooth - should a minifigure be based on the Vintage Kenner version (Zutmore from the Holiday Special) or one that's more screen accurate to A New Hope (Takeel/Zutton)?

7 hours ago, wesker said:

So a hypothetical scenario here. Should there be an opportunity for additional cantina patrons in the future (expansions, advent calendars, battlepacks, polybags, CMFs etc) - who are the characters that should take priority next?

Do you prefer they are all based on specific characters from the cantina scene or are you happy with just having generic representations of the alien species (i.e. a generic Gotal over Feltipern Trevagg)?

And in the case of Snaggletooth - should a minifigure be based on the Vintage Kenner version (Zutmore from the Holiday Special) or one that's more screen accurate to A New Hope (Takeel/Zutton)?

Yes there should, at least to me. I always like a collection of scene-specific figures. I'd prefer BoShek, Elis Helrot, Zutton, and Feltipern, and I do think they should be specific characters, not just representatives.

Not really sure how they could pull it off, but another battle pack like the Tatooine one could work. I also personally think the Kenner figures shouldn't have any bearing on the Lego design, just like they don't with Hasbro's modern figures.

8 hours ago, wesker said:

I could see them doing something in 2021 2hy/ 2022 1hy if the cantina sells well, maybe another tatooine building and/or a ronto with elies helrot (who could just use a printed minifigure head), a gotal (molded head), duros (maybe with egghead's head attachment in blue?), and either muftak or boshek. 

I think they could throw one or two into the next Landspeeder, or maybe do some set based on the Sandtroopers searching Mos Eisley with a small building, speeder, some troopers, maybe a Jawa, and one or two cantina patrons.

I think a CMF series is the most conducive to this, a polybag might be a bit random.  One would've been made sense as the gift with purchase for this, whereas one with the UCS Gunship or whatever the May UCS may be is extremely random and I think there's a smaller chance people with the cantina will actually end up with it, since they're very unrelated sets.  

BoShek and Duros seem to be no brainers since neither would require molds and both are fairly well known.  Snaggletooth was the main "classic" alien that we didn't get, but I don't know if they'd do it without a new molded head.  Muftak also would be very nice but I don't know how easily they could just modify the old Talz mold, or would they need a new one?  Elis Helrot would be awesome and again, no new mold required.  Myo I think they could do without a new mold, and Brainiac they could maybe use the afro hairpiece recolored for?  Dannik Jerikko would be very easy too but I don't know if they'd make him just because he's smoking in the movie.  

5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

and Brainiac they could maybe use the afro hairpiece recolored for?

Another option could be the surgical cap. A flesh colored version of that would work pretty well.

col091.jpg?1

This may have been pointed out before, in fact I'm sure it has been,  but does anyone else think the Will Byers hair from Stranger Things would be a better fit for Anikans Ep I hair than the Harry Potter Hair they have been using?

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 9:07 AM, Archer said:

This may have been pointed out before, in fact I'm sure it has been,  but does anyone else think the Will Byers hair from Stranger Things would be a better fit for Anikans Ep I hair than the Harry Potter Hair they have been using?

Perhaps?

Seeing as how we still have a lot of missing character gaps from The Mandalorian Season 1, I figured that I’d come up with a hypothetical CMF series so that we can get some of the characters who are less likely to come in sets. CMFs seem to be moving towards 12 per series, but I’m going to go with the classic 16 anyway.

1. Din Djarin (Child)

2. The Mandalorian in his original armor with improved helmet design. as well as dual molded arms and legs. His accessories could be a camatono [new mold] and a 1x2 plate of Beskar steel.

3. The Mandalorian (Mudhorn Battle) with Egg accessory.

4. Beskar Mandalorian and The Child. Mando would have dual molded arms/legs here as well and would also have his face underneath the helmet.

5. Cara Dune. An improved version of the figure we got in the AT-ST raider with a new hair piece.

6. The Client with Tracking Fob accessory. (New Mold)

7. Peli Motto with Pit Droid

8. Toro Calican with two face prints (with and without goggles).

9. Mayfeld

10. Xi’an

11. Burg

12. Remnant Stormtrooper

13. Remnant Scout Trooper with a Child version of the existing wrapped baby piece.

14. Death Watch Mandalorian

15. The Mythrol (New mold for head); he could come with some of those credits he was always talking about.

16. Offworld Jawa

I excluded some missing characters and figures (namely Kuiil, Moff Gideon, The Armorer, Paz Vizla, and Incinerator Stormtrooper), because I believe that there’s still a chance to get each of them in sets.

Edited by The Stud

Figures i want:
Rune Haako Episode 1
Nute Gunray Episode 1
Padme Amidala (Battle Dress) Episode 1
Gar Saxon Rebels
Gar Saxon TCW
Darth Maul TCW Mandalore
Prime Minister Almec In Armor TCW
Paz Vizsla Mandalorian
Armorer Mandalorian
Neimoidian Pilot Episode 1
Daultay Dofine Episode 1
Lott Dod Episode 1
Lok Durd TCW
Super Tactical Droid Kalani TCW
Rook Kast TCW
Sabine Wren (updated with helmet) Rebels
Fenn Rau Rebels
Mauls Mandalorians TCW
Bo Katan TCW
Bo Katan Mandalorian
Separatist Council Members Episode 2 or 3
Death Watch Mandalorian Updated TCW
Zeb Orrelios Updated Rebels
Imperial Mandalorians Rebels
Protector Mandalorians Rebels
House Wren Mandalorians Rebels
Mandalorian Guard TCW 
Royal Naboo Guards & Naboo security Episode 1
Kir Kanos & Carnor Jax EU
Black Sun & Pyke Syndicate TCW
Dyden Vos Solo movie
Actual Accurate Anakin Skywalker From TCW with Accurate Armor Color, Normal Face
Admiral Trench TCW
Riff Tamson TCW
Whorm Loathsom TCW

Here are the figures I'd like to see. I assume I can get really outlandish and unrealistic with this list.

Luke Skywalker (Yavin Celebration)

Anakin Skywalker (CW 2003 Vol. 2 with the tattoos)

Rebel Friend

Blue Arc Trooper (CW 2003)

Captain Fordo (CW 2003)

General Kenobi (CW 2003)

Mara Jade

Luke Skywalker (Shadows of the Empire)

Leia (Boushh)

I actually can't remember if I've posted some of these previously myself - and I'm certain many have been suggested by others - but I've found myself recently hoping for a chunk of old Legends characters:

Mara Jade

Talon Karrde

Jaina Solo

Jacen Solo

Anakin Solo

Tenel Ka

Saba Sebatyne

Ben Skywalker

Vestara Khai

Gilad Pellaeon

Natasi Daala

While I still think some of these characters may be introduced into the new Canon and thus get a minifigure (there's nothing stopping Mara Jade or Talon Karrde from appearing in the Mandalorian or another TV series, or even a Solo sequel) I worry the ship has sailed for many. I blame the Clone Wars series, personally: in the waning days of the six-films-and-nothing-more era it seemed like Lego were preparing to branch out into EU - I remember a TIE Crawler set and the Imperial Dropship wasn't in any of the films - and I reckon had the license continued without new material from the Clone Wars, eventually a couple of EU big names would have made it. Perhaps a Collectible Minifigure series will give certain characters life - I bet a dozen key EU characters (certain of the ones on my list and fan favourites I've never personally been a fan of like Kyle Katarn) in a Minifigure series would make bank off AFOLs