Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

To me, Star Wars minifigs are definitely the coolest ones to collect!

So as someone in the HP thread pointed out, the fact that we are getting a new trans blue stag Patronus in the Harry Potter sets this summer really makes me hope they may have decided that this is the right time to start making force ghosts as minifigures. 'Leaks' for Ep 9 would suggest that force ghosts are going to play a role again in this movie so it would be a great time to implement them. Of course we have got trans blue mini Palp hologram before, so just because a new trans blue mould has been produced means nothing, but the stag is on a considerably larger scale than little Palpy. Here's hoping. :) And yes @Lego-Freak, you get all the credit for starting this discussion. ?

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Would much prefer creature moulds for a Petranaki Arena if I’m honest.

Would love a Petranaki Arena and all the potential minifigs that could come with it. :)

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Would love a Petranaki Arena and all the potential minifigs that could come with it. :)

I dunno, most of the important characters in that scene have gotten the minifig treatment in the meantime (apart from a handful of random Jedi that is). The creatures on the other hand... :moar:

43 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I dunno, most of the important characters in that scene have gotten the minifig treatment in the meantime (apart from a handful of random Jedi that is). The creatures on the other hand... :moar:

True, although I would love to see a Padme in her Arena dress before she lost half of it, a mixed up C3PO/Battle Droid, a Shaak Ti without Clone Wars eyes and a Kit Fisto with a more accurate headpiece. Going on Lego's current trend with larger creatures meanwhile, I would doubt they would get moulds and instead be brick built like the Dewback, HP Basilisk, HP Horntail etc.

56 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

True, although I would love to see a Padme in her Arena dress before she lost half of it, a mixed up C3PO/Battle Droid, a Shaak Ti without Clone Wars eyes and a Kit Fisto with a more accurate headpiece. Going on Lego's current trend with larger creatures meanwhile, I would doubt they would get moulds and instead be brick built like the Dewback, HP Basilisk, HP Horntail etc.

A movie version Kit Fisto is absolutely needed! 

Pablo-Jill, Roth-Del Masona, Tarados Gon, and Sora Bulq could all be included. 

10 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

A movie version Kit Fisto is absolutely needed! 

Pablo-Jill, Roth-Del Masona, Tarados Gon, and Sora Bulq could all be included. 

:) Pablo-Jill would look very cool. Nicanus Tassu and Sephjet Josall would also be great - I'm mean to give the guys some credit, without them Anakin and Obi Wan would not have had lightsabers! All of the characters are probably too obscure to be considered though :(

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

:) Pablo-Jill would look very cool. Nicanus Tassu and Sephjet Josall would also be great - I'm mean to give the guys some credit, without them Anakin and Obi Wan would not have had lightsabers! All of the characters are probably too obscure to be considered though :(

Aha yes! 

I reckon there would have been a chance if it was 2011-2014 time considering Coleman Trebor, Ree-Yees etc etc being released.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:46 AM, ArrowBricks said:

Aha yes! 

I reckon there would have been a chance if it was 2011-2014 time considering Coleman Trebor, Ree-Yees etc etc being released.

Yeah, so many jedi we need to get. Yaddle, 

I think the most important figure that we need to get is rebel friend. Hands down.I'm being serious.

Honestly outside of Bultar Swan and Pablo-Jill I didn't think any of the arena Jedi stood out that much compared to the Council members and Clone Wars regulars. I'd like to see the other more notable Jedi that haven't been released yet (namely Adi Gallia, Depa Billaba, Oppo Rancisis, Yarael Poof, Yaddle and Jocusta Nu) first before getting to the really obscure arena characters.

I agree Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti could both use a redesign, along with Eeth Koth and Even Piell who don't have movie variants yet. Shame we didn't get any new Jedi minifigures this year.

On March 6, 2019 at 2:54 PM, BacktoBricks said:

Plus some old minifigs that need an update. We all need to petition Disney to release a special edition of AOTC with Jedi Bob digitally added to the arena scene!

I definitely would like to see some more clone troopers, so

1. Galactic Marines

2. Fives 

3. Commander Cody (Phase II)

4. Any updated Rex minifigure (Phase I, Phase II, whatever!)

Will we ever get a Chewbacca minifig with decent coloration? They got the best color combo (imo) on the Brickhead and Constraction figures, yet revert to the ugly dark brown and dark tan(?) for the minifigure. The mold is better than ever, but the colors are just awful.

I wouldn't mind a set from the upcoming Jedi: Fallen Order game. The new Purge Troopers look awesome and a new Inquisitor is always welcome.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I wouldn't mind a set from the upcoming Jedi: Fallen Order game. The new Purge Troopers look awesome and a new Inquisitor is always welcome.

Agree, the trooper do look cool and very similar to the airbourne clone troopers.

With the new clone wars series that are coming out, I hope they will make a cyborg echo.

Edited by Reaper

This has probably been said but I haven't checked these threads in a while... we really need Nien Nunb. He's been in three Star Wars movies, albeit two of them recent, and still hasn't had one minifig in twenty years of the theme. With Bail complete, I believe he's the only character who has been in three movies with a highly visible role (excluding cantina types) and still hasn't had a minifig. I haven't been a special fan of him but if anyone's earned it, it's him.

I'm mostly done collecting minifigs at this point (save one or two) but he might lure me back in.

Hopefully he'll show up in the upcoming Episode 9 sets. 2019 has already given us two long requested minifigures of Zuckuss and Bail Organa. It would be great if Nien Nunb continued the trend before the year is over.

I'm hyped to see who else will potentially come in the Episode 9 sets. Spoiler tagged for anyone to remain spoiler free:

Likely for the first wave:
- New hero costumes for Rey, Finn and Poe
- Kylo Ren's reforged mask
- Old Lando
- D-O
- Jarrah
- New Resistance pilots and aliens
- First Order Jumptroopers
- C-3PO without the silver leg or red arm
- Possibly Rose and/or Lieutenant Connix

Beyond 2019:
- Force Ghost Luke
- General Leia
- Palpatine
- Zorii
- Klag
- Red Stormtroopers
- Knights of Ren

On 4/15/2019 at 8:42 AM, wesker said:

Hide contents

Likely for the first wave:
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Possibly Rebel Friend and/or Rebel Friend

Beyond 2019:
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend
- Rebel Friend

This is a very good list, if these were the only LEGO Star Wars figures we got from here on out I'd be alright

I actually don't see the appeal of a Rebel Friend minifigure honestly. Its just a boring recolor of a Rebel Fleet Trooper from a videogame someone made an internet meme out of.

Some figures I would like:

Yavin IV Ceremony Luke (with removable medal)

RotJ Jedi Knight Luke (Jabba’s Palace/sail barge attire)

I can’t think of any more at the moment. I guess I really just want more Luke Skywalker minifigures.

Oh, I almost forgot: Rebel Friend (I would legitimately like this figure).