Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

On 7/6/2017 at 7:24 AM, Brickdad said:

A set comprising Tuskan Raiders, Tents and Bantha's would be awesome!

Yeah, no, a Tuskan encampment would be kinda boring.

Instead, go with a Krayt Dragon attack.

It could have a couple of Tuskan Raiders, a Tuskan Female (for diversity points) a Bantha (based on the game version) and the build could be a brick built Krayt Dragon, similar to the TLNM Green Ninja Mech Dragon.

I know we've always been told that selling individual minifigures wasn't possible due to licensing constraints but I wonder if the new TRU minifigure packs for Harry Potter, Marvel and Ninjago could be a sign of a possible similar item for SW at some point.

I know we have Battlepacks and I think the closest thing we've had recently to something similar would be the Bounty Hunter pack giving us 4 named and different characters in one set. But with something like the HP one they have Madame Hooch (as an add on to a newly released Quidditch set), Professor Slughorn, Dolores Umbridge and Boggart Snape (Snape could be an add on to getting Lupin in the Train set). A couple of these seem to be directly related to new sets with a couple of others more awkward to place in sets at least for a few years. They're linked as all being teachers at Hogwarts in various guises. The idea of a Cantina add on pack has always been requested but I wonder if these figure packs may bring something like this closer to fruition?

I don't think there are any entirely new moulds here but with the wolf and Ithorian heads already made Lav Sivrak and Momaw Nadon would be possible. 

Edited by Robianco

Given the fact that it would appear Lego are now pursuing a new helmet mould for rebel pilots, I am hopeful that they will swiftly begin to update pilots. Individual faces now seem more plausible as well. Dak Ralter would be a good place to start given his helmet is worn by numerous pilots on both Yavin 4 and Hoth, and a new Wedges with some individualisation would be great. 

I'd love minifig packs for some more obscure releases. They could keep the battlepacks for troop building and just focus characters into the minifig packs themselves. 

Even if they were crafty with the character spread and which boxes they come in to require purchasing all sets to make a certain team I'd still be supportive. 

37 minutes ago, Vigadeath said:

I'd love minifig packs for some more obscure releases. They could keep the battlepacks for troop building and just focus characters into the minifig packs themselves. 

Even if they were crafty with the character spread and which boxes they come in to require purchasing all sets to make a certain team I'd still be supportive. 

This would be an amazing development if it were ever to happen - I’m not sure they’re contractually able to but if they were it’d be awesome.

So many sets (understandably) focus on key characters that the more obscure ones (of which there are hundreds) rarely get a look in - even more so now with the abundance of new characters appearing every year.

Packs that complemented existing sets would certainly encourage more buying imo.

Also a good way to release some more of those new rebel helmets - may go some way to appeasing disgruntled collectors like myself! ;)

Disappointed to learn that we will not be getting one of the proper Mudtroopers in the summer wave of Solo sets, given what a great trooper design they are. Sincerely hope at least one is featured in a winter wave set, preferably a budget set like the rumoured trench playset with Chewie in handcuffs while the Solo merchandise is still widely available and also such an affordable set would not make amassing a significant number of Mudtroopers such a difficulty. 

After watching Solo:

R2-S8

R2-F1P

R5-232

R5-PHT

Dryden Vos

Vos' Henchmen Army

Imperial checkpoint Officer

Mudtrooper (lots)

Officer (Lieutenant Rank) on Mimban

Muddy Chewie

Rangetrooper

Kessel Mine Guard 

Kessel Mine Guard (in yellow and with helmet)

Is it likely that we will ever get a Slave Leia minifigure again in the future? The question has only just occurred to me, having dwelled on the controversy surrounding the Jabba's Palace set from a few years ago, and how much feminism has risen in the years since 75020 was released. I think the controversial Jabba's Palace set essentially rules out the chances of a re-release to the same sort of accuracy, maybe even at all, but I'm not so sure about a Leia figure in the same context. Thoughts?

I think they've essentially said they're no longer making toys of Slave Leia because its too sexual and was drawing too many complaints.

That covers every medium from Lego to Action Figures.

Only minifigs I'd want from Solo are the Mudtrooper (of course!) and an imperial officer in a trenchcoat. Maybe one of Vos' enforcers would look cool in Lego form too.

As for the other movies, I'd love to see:

- Admiral Piett

- Zuckuss

- Nien Nunb

- ESB Lando

- Chancellor Palpatine (maybe updated with the new "skirt" piece)

- Darth Sidious (Yoda duel)

- Saesee Tiin (new updated torso)

- Commander Bacara

- Galactic Marine

- RotS Commander Cody

- TCW Ahsoka Tano (realistic, both versions)

- TCW Captain Rex (realistic, both versions)

- Noghri Warrior

Also a bunch of old EU characters like Mara Jade or Darth Nihilus but that's not likely to happen...

On 5/28/2018 at 11:00 AM, Forresto said:

I think they've essentially said they're no longer making toys of Slave Leia because its too sexual and was drawing too many complaints.

That covers every medium from Lego to Action Figures.

They've definitely cut back on marketing her, but I don't think she's been outright banned. I believe there was a Funko Pop figure or something similar that was released as a convention exclusive after the supposed "Disney ban" as well as an inclusion as a playable character in the Lego Force Awakens game so she hasn't completely disappeared.

I don't really see it as being an issue for Jabba's Palace as Lego can easily just release her in the Boushh costume like last time. The only place Slave Leia really becomes a mandatory inclusion is the Sail Barge. As long as it's treated as a one-off release (say for a UCS version targeted at older audiences) and Leia is marketed as a hero rather than prisoner I think they can get around it. And lets be honest - her last minifigure really doesn't look anymore sexualized than Aayla Secura or Season 1 Ahsoka's minifigures are.

So LEGO just revealed the Harry Potter CMF and a lot of the minifigs have a new medium leg mold which are shorter legs that are finally poseable, I’m really excited for this because it creates the possibility of getting a new TPM Anakin with that mold. 

i want a phase 2 commander cody and wolffe

also want lego to make clone commandos!

There's quite a few characters I'd like to see updated in the near future:

Obi-Wan Kenobi - TPM version needs a proper hairpiece. AOTC could be much improved using Luke's mullet from the Last Jedi sets. ROTS can be updated with Commissioner Gordon's hairpiece from TLBM sets. Its long time they also changed the hair color for the Prequel Obi-Wan figures. Dark orange isn't very accurate and the nougat colour they used on characters like Captain America, Agent 13 and IW Thor would look so much better. I believe they've already used it on the buildable figure version of Obi-Wan or at least a similar colour.

Zam Wesell - The only Star Wars character that still hasn't made the jump from yellow skin to flesh tone. She's long overdue.

Ahsoka Tano - We got a realistic Rebels version but the face print and skin color aren't really accurate to the younger Clone Wars version. Her Season 1 costume is also pretty outdated and could use an update, although I wouldn't mind another release of the Season 3 version. The new teenage legs would also be perfect for her.

Asajj Ventress - We got a realistic Microseries version a few years back, but the face print doesn't accurately portray the modernized version from the 3D animated series. Her purple Season 1 costume is also outdated and could use an upgrade - especially using the new skirt piece, although a Bounty Hunter and Nightsister variant would be welcome too since they haven't been done yet.

Aurra Sing - Too notable a bounty hunter not to be released again. A non anime face print is the main reason I'd like to see her updated, but a proper movie version with details not seen in the cartoon (red jumpsuit instead of orange, chains hanging off the belt) would be even better.

Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth and Even Piell - The last of the Clone Wars Jedi that haven't had the anime faces updated to the realistic style.

Mon Mothma, General Madine, Captain Antilles and Rebel Fleet Trooper - Its been a decade since we last since them and they haven't been updated with the pupil style yet. Mon Mothma could also make great use of that new skirt piece.

Rebel Pilots with new dual molded helmets - Wedge, Dack, Gold Leader, Zev Senesca, Wes Janson, Theron Nett, Porkins etc.

Aside from those there's just the unreleased characters that are still waiting on my want list:

PT/TCW
- Padme Amidala (Theed Battle, Mustafar and unripped Geonosis costumes primarily. Other variants welcome)
- C-3PO (TPM and AOTC variants)
- Boss Nass
- Shmi Skywalker
- Rune Haako
- Nute Gunray (TPM costume)
- Bail Organa
- Captain Typho
- Taun We and Lama Su
- Duchess Satine
- Bo Katan
- Mother Talzin and the Nightsisters
- Tion Meddon
- Commander Cody (Phase II)
- Darth Sidious (Senate Duel)
- Mas Amedda
- Wat Tambor
- Jedi Council Members (Adi Gallia, Depa Billaba, Oppo Rancisis, Yaddle and Yarael Poof)

OT
- Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)
- Lando Calrissian (Smuggler)
- Beru Lars
- Doctor Evazan and Ponda Baba
- Garindan
- General Dodonna
- Red Leader
- Admiral Ozzel and Captain Needa
- Zuckuss
- Yak Face, Tessek and Lyn Me
- Nien Numb
- Force Ghosts

ST
- Luke Skywalker (Jedi Exile and Crait/Flashback costumes)
- General Leia (D'Qar, Raddus and Crait costumes)
- Han Solo (Starkiller Base)
- Sidon Ithano
- Bazine Netal
- Kaydel Connix

Anthology
- Hawaiian Lando
- Dryden Vos
- Saw Gerrera
- General Drazen
- Galen Erso

There are so many Abenedos in the new triology, even if none is a central character, it would be very useful to make one since pretty many people would buy plenty

10 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

There are so many Abenedos in the new triology, even if none is a central character, it would be very useful to make one since pretty many people would buy plenty

Definately - such a cool looking species - would love this head mould - and a new resistance helmet mould for the likes of Ello Asty!

37 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

Definately - such a cool looking species - would love this head mould - and a new resistance helmet mould for the likes of Ello Asty!

That would be interesting to see lego attempt because of the shape of his head it could be difficult to find  a way to attach and secure the helmet on his head. (If there even is a way)

1 hour ago, JarJarBonks said:

That would be interesting to see lego attempt because of the shape of his head it could be difficult to find  a way to attach and secure the helmet on his head. (If there even is a way)

I don’t think you’d want to see a stud on top of the head, but could have two small indents on the sides to enable a helmet to clip on in the same way visors and goggles connect to helmets.

That said I can’t imagine Lego would ever do this - if Ello Asty was produced would likely be a single head mould.

I would love there to be a rebel pilot helmet pack, just give me all the designs of x-wing helmets from the film on the new molded helmets and I'll pay whatever you want for them. Not really looking forward to waiting the multiple years to see if we get all those helmet designs on the new mold.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:40 AM, Movielover1401 said:

I would love there to be a rebel pilot helmet pack, just give me all the designs of x-wing helmets from the film on the new molded helmets and I'll pay whatever you want for them. Not really looking forward to waiting the multiple years to see if we get all those helmet designs on the new mold.

Which ones in particular? ;)

LEGO RED SQUADRON - BATTLE OF YAVIN

Dreis, Antilles, Darklighter, Brannon, Skywalker, Porkins, Binli, DInnes, Naytaan, Nett, Chan, Naeco

Edited by Robianco

I would love it if TLG would make the characters from the ongoing Star Wars Comic Series "Doctor Aphra" in minifig form.

That would include: 

Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra
0-0-0 aka. "Tripple-o" (basically an evil version of C-3PO, in black with red eyes)
BT-1 aka. "Bee Tee" (evil version of R2-D2)
Black Krrsantan (an evil Wookie bounty hunter)

I know it's highly unlikely with sets based of this comic series, but you newer know with Lego. We've had sets from "The Old republic", ships like the TIE-defender and the E-wing (jek-14's stealth starfighter), etc.

It's also possible we could get the charachters in polybags, or maybe a "look-a-like-charachter" from other Lego SW series like "The Yoda chronichles".

But, yeah, still pretty unlikely.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:45 PM, Bantha Fodder said:

I would love it if TLG would make the characters from the ongoing Star Wars Comic Series "Doctor Aphra" in minifig form.

That would include: 

Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra
0-0-0 aka. "Tripple-o" (basically an evil version of C-3PO, in black with red eyes)
BT-1 aka. "Bee Tee" (evil version of R2-D2)
Black Krrsantan (an evil Wookie bounty hunter)

I know it's highly unlikely with sets based of this comic series, but you newer know with Lego. We've had sets from "The Old republic", ships like the TIE-defender and the E-wing (jek-14's stealth starfighter), etc.

It's also possible we could get the charachters in polybags, or maybe a "look-a-like-charachter" from other Lego SW series like "The Yoda chronichles".

But, yeah, still pretty unlikely.

The comics are amazing.

Edited by Brick2x4

I did the other Aphra build that I think was originally done by Rich Pepperall:

Lego Purist Star Wars Customs