Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

5 hours ago, FishW said:

So I read that most star Wars sets will be 10% off April 29th- May 5th, with one set being 40% off each day. Will we know which sets are going to be 40% off, or will it be a day by day thing. Because I'd like to jump on it as soon as I can, but I don't want to buy a set that will be 40% off the next day. Second question how quickly does the May 4th promotion(R2-D2 build this year) run for before it runs out. It always says "while supplies last", I imagine a lot of people jump on this deal, so are supplies normally well stocked to last the whole time with "while supplies last" as just a bit of clause just in case, or is it where normally after the first day or two they are sold out.

Might want to ask this in general Star Wars questions and the rumor thread. You will probably get a more accurate response. I'm pretty sure that they stock fairly well. I think one year they ran out, so they figured out about how much they needed to make. If they make too much they could just release the polybag (like Darth Revan and a few others).

Thinking back, I would like a Gravity Well engineer. You have to admit the gold trim would be great to add to the Imperial forces. Ever since the new battlefront two trailer though I've been wanting to see more updated Imperial units. Hopefully we get some awesome figures when the game releases like TLG did for the last game.

Wouldn't mind getting a more accurate Ventress fig like the updated ones we got for Luminara and Quinlan Vos. The only existing ones are the CW-styled ones and the one in Anakin's Custom Starfighter that's based of theĀ Tartakovsky Clone Wars series.

Since we've haven't gotten Padme minifigure since 2013(EpĀ II version) IsĀ it possible next year will finally give us new version of her? A 30-40$ Mustafar duel set will be a perfect chance to include Ep III Padme(for the first time!), or am I too hopefull?

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Since we've haven't gotten Padme minifigure since 2013(EpĀ II version) IsĀ it possible next year will finally give us new version of her? A 30-40$ Mustafar duel set will be a perfect chance to include Ep III Padme(for the first time!), or am I too hopefull?

Don't think that's too hopeful. It's about the time we would get a Mustafar set. I see it happening soon.

Its sad how sorely neglected Padme gets compared to the other major heroes in the saga. Its definitely time for a new minifigure. For me the three most essential versions are the Theed Battle costume from TPM, an unripped variant of the Geonosis costume from AOTC and the Mustafar one from ROTS. Queen Amidala/Sabe in the black feather headdress gown and Padme in the orange handmaiden costume are also both must haves if a Royal Starship is ever released. As long as we get those I'll be happy.

I also second an updated Ventress minifigure. I'd like to have a non-anime face print thats still based off her modern look from the CGI series rather than the Tartakovsky cartoon. Although her costume should preferably be based on the Nightsister or Bounty Hunter one from the latter seasons just for something new.

Ā 

1 minute ago, wesker said:

Its sad how sorely neglected Padme gets compared to the other major heroes in the saga. Its definitely time for a new minifigure. For me the three most essential versions are the Theed Battle costume from TPM, an unripped variant of the Geonosis costume from AOTC and the Mustafar one from ROTS. Queen Amidala/Sabe in the black feather headdress gown and Padme in the orange handmaiden costume are also both must haves if a Royal Starship is ever released. As long as we get those I'll be happy.

I also second an updated Ventress minifigure. I'd like to have a non-anime face print thats still based off her modern look from the CGI series rather than the Tartakovsky cartoon. Although her costume should preferably be based on the Nightsister or Bounty Hunter one from the latter seasons just for something new.

Ā 

Definitely agree with that. The Prequels get neglected in general.Ā Characters that don't have the biggestĀ role will likely get neglected. Pretty sad, but true.

Edited by Franklinw1234

Yeah its disappointing. The characters from the Original Trilogy, Rogue One and Force Awakens have been pretty well covered for the most part with only a few notable exceptions, but the Prequels feel like there's still too many missing gaps in their character selection.

Most notably we're still waiting on Shmi Skywalker, Boss Nass, Rune Haako, Chancellor Valorum, Bail Organa, Captain Typho, Taun We, Lama Su, Dexter Jettster, Jocusta Nu, Mas Amedda, Wat Tambor, Tion Meddon, the Lars family and the remaining Jedi Council members.

Plus there's also important variations of existing characters like Senate Duel Darth Sidious, Phase II Commander Cody, TPM variants of C-3PO and Nute Gunray plus the aforementioned Padme's. I kind of wish they would stop holding back on the prequel sets and try to fill in as many of these holes as possible.

As long as there are new movies being released every year, we're not going to see more than 3 orĀ 4 prequels-era sets per year. And if the last two years are any indication, the minifigs in those sets will be predominantly hero-oriented and/or rehashes of previously-released characters. That said, I think a Duel on Mustafar set with Anakin, Obi and Padme would be a good choice for one of those sets,Ā that could easily be released in the next year or so.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Dexter Jettster

This character can explain why people don't like the prequels and why Lego is less motivated to make all the prequel characters into minifigures. ;)

I'm not very knowledgeable on minifigs so thought best ask here - are the two chaps from the mos eisley cantina available. Don't know their names but the line "my friend doesn't like you, I don't like you either" will explain who I mean. They are also in Rogue One (fleeting appearance) so thought they may be available somewhere or other.

26 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

I'm not very knowledgeable on minifigs so thought best ask here - are the two chaps from the mos eisley cantina available. Don't know their names but the line "my friend doesn't like you, I don't like you either" will explain who I mean. They are also in Rogue One (fleeting appearance) so thought they may be available somewhere or other.

Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba, sadly, they're not available at all. I'm sure people have made customs and what not but not any official release by Lego.

There's quite a few Mos Eisley characters that we haven't gotten. I definitely see them eventually getting them a few at a time, because they're from the OT and Lego releases most of the OT characters.

Have my eye on buying the Cantina and just thought it would be awesome to expand it and add in loads of characters that were in there. Prob just have to make do with who comes with the set! They could have at least included the barman!

3 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Have my eye on buying the Cantina and just thought it would be awesome to expand it and add in loads of characters that were in there. Prob just have to make do with who comes with the set! They could have at least included the barman!

I knowĀ they put the bar, but didn't include the barman and pondaĀ baba and dr evanza.

If this summer'sĀ Bounty Hunters battle pack sells well, I think a Cantina-themed battle pack would be a strong candidate for 2018 or 2019. Most likely a combination of previously-released characters/molds (Hammerhead, Bith, Greedo)Ā and new ones... Ponda Baba and Dr. Evanza would likely be high on the list.

Just now, jdubbs said:

If this summer'sĀ Bounty Hunters battle pack sells well, I think a Cantina-themed battle pack would be a strong candidate for 2018 or 2019. Most likely a combination of previously-released characters/molds (Hammerhead, Bith, Greedo)Ā and new ones... Ponda Baba and Dr. Evanza would likely be high on the list.

Maybe the wolf guy instead of bith though. Updated greedo would be nice (even though we got him recently and probably won't get an updated version).

Looking at the Bounty Hunters set, they only did one new head mold... if that's true of a Cantina battle pack, I'd vote forĀ Ponda Baba above anyone else. Even though I already have fiveĀ Bith for my Cantina, the set originally only came with three, so I'm guessing a lot of collectors would welcome the chance to get another.

The Wolf guy was cut from the Special Edition, if that counts for anything.

Just now, jdubbs said:

Looking at the Bounty Hunters set, they only did one new head mold... if that's true of a Cantina battle pack, I'd vote forĀ Ponda Baba above anyone else. Even though I already have fiveĀ Bith for my Cantina, the set originally only came with three, so I'm guessing a lot of collectors would welcome the chance to get another.

The Wolf guy was cut from the Special Edition, if that counts for anything.

Well, we've gotten eu characters haven't we? A recognized character from the original movie will probably be released eventually. Even if it's not in a battle pack. I think ponda will be in a cantina because he seems more fitting there. Hammerhead is very welcome.Ā 

Anything's possible, and I'd buy a battle pack containing most any combination of Cantina characters, including Wolfman. It's fun to speculate, but it's a lonnnnng way off; the Bounty Hunters pack isn't even out yet!

I also think a battle pack of characters from Jabba's Palace would be nice. While I have all the Jabba's characters that have been previously released, I'd always welcome another Gammorean Guard, and Squidhead seems way overdue.Ā 

Just now, jdubbs said:

Anything's possible, and I'd buy a battle pack containing most any combination of Cantina characters, including Wolfman. It's fun to speculate, but it's a lonnnnng way off; the Bounty Hunters pack isn't even out yet!

I also think a battle pack of characters from Jabba's Palace would be nice. While I have all the Jabba's characters that have been previously released, I'd always welcome another Gammorean Guard, and Squidhead seems way overdue.Ā 

Some have said a Jedi battle pack would be nice. It definitely would be too. I think we could get some of the more obscure Jedi in it.

So many minifigs I never realised had not been released! I hope TLG continue to keep making stuff for Episodes 1-6 rather than just concentrate on the new films.

It would be cool if they did Planet Battle Packs. So for example a Tatooine Battle Pack could come with two Gammorran Guards and two Cantina members.

Then say a Kamino one could include two Kaminoens and Two Clones.

13 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Some have said a Jedi battle pack would be nice. It definitely would be too. I think we could get some of the more obscure Jedi in it.

We'd need a few battle packs but I think it would be a great way to complete the rest of the council. Oppo Rancisis should be fairly easy to pull off with existing parts. The Chima snake tail leg piece, wizard beard and sumo bun should be enough to do it. Depa Billaba would be great too since she wouldn't just add another member to the Jedi Council but also provide Bespin Leia with an accurate hair mold the next time Cloud City is revisited. I also can't see any other way of getting Yarael Poof, Yaddle or Coleman Kcaj outside of Jedi Battle Packs given their obscurity.

Adi Gallia is long overdue though given her prominence in TCW and the EU. I think they can distinguish her minifigure from Stass Allie's pretty easily - just give her dark flesh skin like Panaka instead of reddish brown, regular black eyes instead of purple, sleeker face print, a blue lightsaber and get rid of the white undershirt on her Jedi tunic.

It'll be great to also have the remaining Clone Wars Jedi updated without the anime face prints. Should only be Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth and Even Piell left to go.

16 minutes ago, wesker said:

We'd need a few battle packs but I think it would be a great way to complete the rest of the council. Oppo Rancisis should be fairly easy to pull off with existing parts. The Chima snake tail leg piece, wizard beard and sumo bun should be enough to do it. Depa Billaba would be great too since she wouldn't just add another member to the Jedi Council but also provide Bespin Leia with an accurate hair mold the next time Cloud City is revisited. I also can't see any other way of getting Yarael Poof, Yaddle or Coleman Kcaj outside of Jedi Battle Packs given their obscurity.

Adi Gallia is long overdue though given her prominence in TCW and the EU. I think they can distinguish her minifigure from Stass Allie's pretty easily - just give her dark flesh skin like Panaka instead of reddish brown, regular black eyes instead of purple, sleeker face print, a blue lightsaber and get rid of the white undershirt on her Jedi tunic.

It'll be great to also have the remaining Clone Wars Jedi updated without the anime face prints. Should only be Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth and Even Piell left to go.

Some of those Jedi wouldn't even be released in a Jedi council set. I feel if they did that they would put the more known Jedi like Yoda, Plo koon, Ki- Adi- Mundi, Mace Windu, Saesee tin, Shaak ti, kit fisto, and perhaps Anakin and Obi Wan. They probably wouldn't even put that many Jedi in a set.

To be honest, most of TCW minifigures that haven't been updated don't lookĀ tooĀ bad. Most of the horrible ones have been updated. And a new kit fisto with a new mold would be nice.

Edited by Franklinw1234