Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

I hope that in a few years time dual moulding will be an extreme commonplace thing for Lego, along with printing on the side of the legs. A Han Solo with the new hair piece and dual molded legs with the red trim going down the side of his legs would be most welcome. I also hope that starts to become a thing for the blaster moulds and lightsaber hilts also I would love some more variety in those. 

I am still holding out hope that we will get a Zeb figure in the near future as I really badly need one. 

Plus some SW Battlefront races in a battle pack of some kind. I want a female Zabrak and another Twilek in my collection plus a Quarren would be cool too. 

I wonder if the upcoming Bounty Hunter pack isn't to test the waters? Maybe if it sells well (even though I think most folks would not  buy more than one of it) maybe later they will do packs for specific groups, a Jabba pack with Fortuna and guards, a 501st pack with an officer, an Imperial officer pack with that guy that was getting force choked in EPIV. 

Guess I am dreaming into the wild zone today. 

4 minutes ago, Japanbuilder said:

I hope that in a few years time dual moulding will be an extreme commonplace thing for Lego, along with printing on the side of the legs.

Well, in 2010-ish back printing wasn't all that common and it is now, so we have hope.

But I hope it won't be delayed until 2020+ :hmpf_bad:

It's still utterly ridiculous that The LEGO Batman Movie sets get tons of figures with dual molding, but Star Wars still gets none.
The new Bossk could look amazing with dual molded arms and legs (yellow, olive green), but that's probably not something we should hold out hope for.

4 hours ago, General Magma said:

It's still utterly ridiculous that The LEGO Batman Movie sets get tons of figures with dual molding, but Star Wars still gets none.
The new Bossk could look amazing with dual molded arms and legs (yellow, olive green), but that's probably not something we should hold out hope for.

Compare the detailing between Batgirl and Leia… :hmpf_bad:

Han would look awesome with dual-molded boots. Luke would look good too… stormtroopers need leg printing which doesn't cut off so abruptly and Bounty Hunters like Boba Fett need arm printing, they always have tricks up their sleeves.

On 2/1/2017 at 4:45 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

A Saw Gerrera minifigure please, LEGO!

Well, here is my LDD version.

Saw%20Gerrera_zpsfcefopbh.png

It is based off this:

Hasbro-Saw-Gerrera-Rogue-One-Figure.jpg

Hey now, a bit of credit where credit's due, I posted this below on the 24th Jan on the Updating Your Minifigs thread (probably should have posted it on this one in the first place):

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/108914-updating-your-minifigs/&page=21

Hello I'm new here and signed up just to share that I thought I'd have a go at creating a custom Saw Gerrera. Couldn't find any hair that I thought looked right, at least in a suitable colour, so went with the bald Saw from the flashback scenes and early Rogue One trailers, using pictures of a Saw action figure for reference for the rest of the outfit.

The head is custom from Firestar Toys, body armour is a galaxy trooper, torso is some space police I think, the utility belt is a custom Si-Dan G8 Tactical Belt, with a tattered Boba Fett style shoulder cape hanging out from under the rear right side of the armour, legs are a peg leg attached to those of the Kendo warrior collectable figure. Wanted to use a clip on his chest to hold his breathing tube in place, however it kept looking too bulky. So at the risk of him looking like he might start to do some hoovering, I opted to have him just hold it instead (wish I could get the end clip of the hose in trans-white for the breathing end). Incidentally whilst losing a bit of screen-accuracy, I've since removed the tube since I felt it was a bit too bulky.

I like to think I've come reasonably close:

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

32383790051_626bcc7a6c_z.jpgIMG_3054 by Daddy Stardust, on Flickr

31662308414_93248472c9_b.jpgWHITAKER-HEADER-ROGUE-ONE by Daddy Stardust, on Flickr

31662307324_43e2ef9258_b.jpgHasbro-Saw-Gerrera-Rogue-One-Figure by Daddy Stardust, on Flickr

2 hours ago, Daddy_Startdust said:

Hey now, a bit of credit where credit's due, I posted this below on the 24th Jan on the Updating Your Minifigs thread (probably should have posted it on this one in the first place):

Um, sorry I don't understand? I didn't base my Saw minifig off yours, and while I realize we had the same reference images in our post, I didn't pull mine from your flickr...

I'm sure this has been said already, but after digging out my 212th battalion troopers, and my Ep III Obi-Wan, there is obvious lack of a Phase II Commander Cody to go with them, I hope Lego makes a set including the figure in one of their next waves, though it may be difficult to get the orange visor on the current Phase II helmet mold. We'll see.

14 hours ago, IronFish said:

I'm sure this has been said already, but after digging out my 212th battalion troopers, and my Ep III Obi-Wan, there is obvious lack of a Phase II Commander Cody to go with them, I hope Lego makes a set including the figure in one of their next waves, though it may be difficult to get the orange visor on the current Phase II helmet mold. We'll see.

I'm not much of a prequel fan anymore, but I have that battle pack as well, and you're right, it's baffling that there's no Phase II Commander Cody.  He was about as cool as Clone Troopers get (in the prequels, at least).  It's bizarre that we would get a huge Buildable Figure of the guy, but no regular minifigure.  

We really need a proper lightsaber for Darth Maul.  Count Dooku got his curved blade so why not Maul.  We need to see the same for Kylo as well. 

He's recently appeared in Rebels and rumoured to be showing up in future Anthologies so I wouldn't rule it out.

For May 4th, I'd like to see characters like Admiral Yularen - not necessarily major like Han or Luke, but at the same time not generic like a Stormtrooper. I'd like to see Hurst Romodi maybe (given his extended appearance in RO) and possibly Bail Organa.  

Bail Organa would be perfect for May 4th. He's someone who I think deserves to be made into a fig but would just be an add/extra if he was in a set like Nute Gunray is in 9494. 

15 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

Bail would be great, personally I'm hoping for General Dodonna.  Especially since he's about to appear in Rebels.

Given Lego's treatment of Rebels that rather diminishes Dodonna's chances, doesn't it? :sceptic:

The list of Rebels minifigs which should be made is very long.

I'd like to see some R2 variants. A muddy version from Dagobah, a dusty, sandy version from Tatooine, maybe with a restraining bolt since C-3PO got special printing and a bolt with the Sandcrawler.

First of all we need to see Snoke, I think that will be a given after Episode 8 though.  Personally I would love to see some more Sith, I'd love Bane & Plaigus.

I feel like separatist characters are under appreciated in Lego, I'd love to see a what tambor but I guess Lego probs won't ever make the mould for it

A Rogue One specific exclusive figure would be nice, such as Saw Gerrera, Bail Organa, General Dodonna, Galen Erso in imperial or scientific garb, or any pilot featured in Rogue One. I would hope it to be Galen, considering the lack of potential of him showing up in a set.

Just now, Brickweiser said:

Are they not offered in New Zealand?

If you buy from S@H they are, but then you have to pay ridiculous shipping prices :sick: