Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

Why can we not have force ghosts in a solid polycarbonate minifig? The argument is the articulated figs are out of the question because of durability and that the hip, hand and torso pieces could not hold up to stress. The force ghost figs don't really need to be positioned or disassembled or even sit down anyway. They just need to have some clutch on the feet so they can stand there. Solid figs in a trans blue would do nicely. Light them up from underneath with a blue (or clear maybe) light brick and viola! Very nice glowing force ghosts.

What do you guys think?

Acrylic would glow really well, too but I think the material might be a little too fragile for LEGO.

Why can we not have force ghosts in a solid polycarbonate minifig? The argument is the articulated figs are out of the question because of durability and that the hip, hand and torso pieces could not hold up to stress. The force ghost figs don't really need to be positioned or disassembled or even sit down anyway. They just need to have some clutch on the feet so they can stand there. Solid figs in a trans blue would do nicely. Light them up from underneath with a blue (or clear maybe) light brick and viola! Very nice glowing force ghosts.

What do you guys think?

Acrylic would glow really well, too but I think the material might be a little too fragile for LEGO.

Why would they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on new tooling for a solid unjointed minifig that just stands there?

Could they do the force ghosts as glow-in-the-dark figures?

If they do force ghost figures, I'm not terribly worried how they will turn out if they do not use translucent anything. Even if they are in solid white, light blue, light grey or whathaveyou. Just a limitation of Lego.

Also, as far as figures go there are plenty I'd love to see rereleased or updated including:

Bespin Luke

Bespin Leia

Bespin Lando

Tusken Raider

Dagobah Luke

Endor Luke

Greedo

Jawa

Owen Lars

Biggs Darklighter

for new figures

4-LOM

Zuckuss

Endor Han

Ugnaught

Death Star Gunner

Beru Lars

Figrin Dan

Nien Nunb

Sy Snootles

miscellaneous Cantina aliens

Though I've been very pleased with the breadth of minifigs these past few years. I don't know what 1999 Me would have said if he was told we would one day get a Max Rebo Lego

Luke - Poncho, recovery robe things, Death Star black outfit, Death Star black outfit with white flap

Han - Endor

Leia - White Cloud City outfit, white gown worn on Nebulon B, Home One Officer uniform, Ewok village

Lando - Han's clothes

Luke - Poncho, recovery robe things, Death Star black outfit, Death Star black outfit with white flap

Han - Endor

Leia - White Cloud City outfit, white gown worn on Nebulon B, Home One Officer uniform, Ewok village

Lando - Han's clothes

Nice ideas. I'd love to see the remaining variants of the OT heroes released. The good news is we can cross Ewok Village Leia off that list seeing as she's all but confirmed to show up later in the year. :laugh: Hopefully Endor Han will be joining her. I'd also like to see updates of these versions:

- Dagobah Luke

- Bespin Luke

- Endor Luke

- Bespin Gown Leia

- Endor Leia

- Bespin Lando

- General Lando

With any luck most of these will be out the way by the time Episode VII roles out.

Why would they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on new tooling for a solid unjointed minifig that just stands there?

Short -run tooling is relatively inexpensive. Not hundreds of thousands of dollars. The tooling only has to be precise enough to run for a few months at the most and will not be used again. Solid figures like that godawful Aldar Beedo are not impossible but actually practical if you think about it.

I just think the bluish figs with ghostly printing would be kind of lame. Also, they would have to come up with all new printing for them. The budget for force ghost figs would be better spent on solid trans figs, I think.

might they do the Hound's Tooth, then give us also a Bossk with the proper skin color. Bossk is tan, not green!

They may redo him in olive green, since they have the color now.

but he's tan.

Looking at Bossk, I'd say he is olive green/dark tan mixture. So I could see them remaking him in olive green, but I'd prefer his suit to be regular tan instead of yellow, or maybe the new light yellow seen in some of the Friends' sets. Basing on this picture .

I just recently bought the latest Slave 1 because I wanted a Bossk figure, so I hope they don't remake him too soon. I'd love a new/improved version of him, but then I'll feel like I wasted the money. I guess I could always sell the set too.

I think that Lego hasn't made a tan/yellow head is because his torso is already yellow.

It would look odd I think.

What I'd love to see is a film update of Luminara in a not-too-expensive set. The old one looked decidedly manly, and I think the Mirialan look was brilliantly captured in the upcoming Jedi Consular, so I'd love an EP II-III Luminara update, and see what LEGO does for her.

What I'd love to see is a film update of Luminara in a not-too-expensive set. The old one looked decidedly manly, and I think the Mirialan look was brilliantly captured in the upcoming Jedi Consular, so I'd love an EP II-III Luminara update, and see what LEGO does for her.

I'd love to see her too. Fingers crossed that Lego has a new Kashyyyk set with her in store for next year. Would be nice to get an updated movie Barriss Offee too.

@Wesker: Why a new film Barriss? The older one in the Swamp Speeder is excellent. It doesn't really need a redesign, she'll probably only get one if she appears in a newer set some day. They just can't reissue minifigs. If I did change her, I'd keep the head and torso, but give her printed legs and a dark blue hood with Laval's dark blue cape. And add a second expression to the existing head. That would be nice, just a few updates to a solid minifigure.

Let's hear it for a Battle of Kashyyyk set!

Edited by 8BrickMario

I really just want her based on the assumption a new Luminara will be changed to the new olive green to match the Mirialan Jedi. I like my figures to be consistant with each other. That and she would look better with a dark blue cloak. :grin:

But I do think movie versions of Luminara, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Eeth Koth and Even Piell are more important than a new Barris.

but he's tan.

According to google image search, olive green is pretty close I think.

I really just want her based on the assumption a new Luminara will be changed to the new olive green to match the Mirialan Jedi. I like my figures to be consistant with each other. That and she would look better with a dark blue cloak. :grin:

But I do think movie versions of Luminara, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Eeth Koth and Even Piell are more important than a new Barris.

I think there can be some variations to the Miralians skin tones. Which is why the SWTOR character seems a darker green, and the SWTOR Smuggler that I linked above has a lighter yellow tone.

I would be very unhappy if LEGO changed Luminara and Barriss's skin to olive green. Anyone can see that that isn't their skin tone. LEGO has it well represented with the brick yellow, which is more effective when placed next to a normal flesh minifigure. The Consular, like many TOR Mirialans, is olive, while Unduli and Offee are not. I would hope that LEGO knows better than to make them olive green! Crossing my fingers for more film updates of the Jedi for next year... (Although Shaak Ti is the least Clone Wars-y minifig I know. "Requires a film design she does not. Integrates well with movie Jedi she does. Creepy oversized eyes she has not."